Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

StarbucksStore.ca Save $25 on orders over $60

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2014 5:53 am
Tags:
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
greg123 wrote: No way to use gift card online right?
yes to being able to use GCs. that's what I've been using, and got them 1/2-off too to make this deal way sweeter for me. but obviously no 5% paypal cashback. ordered beans, milk frother and thermos coffee press.
usersuser wrote: How do I request for this thread to be moved back to hot deals? As Black Friday made abundantly clear, most people rely on the Hot Deals forum instead of the Black Friday/Cyber Monday forums. Besides, the promotion is currently live...
report your original post, and write a comment. I don't know why they moved it over there?
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1457 posts
889 upvotes
3 oz, sorry.

Holiday Tasting Cup, 3 fl oz
Free Christmas Blend Tasting Cup with any 1lb Christmas Blend purchase.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2948 upvotes
how often does Starbucks have this sale?

Any recommendation on beans or grounded? Any comment on Pike Place Medium and Veranda Light blend?

btw, if you don't mind to buy a big 1.1Kg bag of beans, Costco is still cheaper.

thanks
May 25, 2012
142 posts
111 upvotes
I cannot recommend Christmas Blend enough. It's so delicious.
Mar 4, 2002
224 posts
8 upvotes
Courtenay
82 wrote: how often does Starbucks have this sale?

Any recommendation on beans or grounded? Any comment on Pike Place Medium and Veranda Light blend?

btw, if you don't mind to buy a big 1.1Kg bag of beans, Costco is still cheaper.

thanks
Hi,

I would recommend beans. When you are ready to open the package, just take it to the closest Starbucks store and they will grind the beans according to your brewing method for free.
- Brian
Apr 23, 2008
339 posts
226 upvotes
Ottawa
82 wrote: how often does Starbucks have this sale?

thanks
Suggest you get yourself a good grinder and buy whole beans. Burr grinders are supposed to be better because they don't heat up the beans. I can't really tell the difference between beans that have been ground with a burr grinder or a blade grinder, but I can tell the difference between fresh ground coffee and pre-ground coffee.

I like the blonde or the medium roasts, not keen on flavoured or dark roasts.

And yes, I buy normally buy coffee at Costco but sales like these are an opportunity to have something a bit different from the usual...
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2948 upvotes
Thanks, I know beans can hold the taste longer but a 1.1KG is a big bag, it will take me a while to kill it. do you think 2.5oz portion bag will do the job better? More importantly, how often does Starbucks have sale like this? I still have a few months of supplies ;-)

bchow wrote: Hi,

I would recommend beans. When you are ready to open the package, just take it to the closest Starbucks store and they will grind the beans according to your brewing method for free.
ax89 wrote: Suggest you get yourself a good grinder and buy whole beans. Burr grinders are supposed to be better because they don't heat up the beans. I can't really tell the difference between beans that have been ground with a burr grinder or a blade grinder, but I can tell the difference between fresh ground coffee and pre-ground coffee.

I like the blonde or the medium roasts, not keen on flavoured or dark roasts.

And yes, I buy normally buy coffee at Costco but sales like these are an opportunity to have something a bit different from the usual...
Deal Addict
Jun 18, 2012
1457 posts
889 upvotes
ax89 wrote: Suggest you get yourself a good grinder and buy whole beans. Burr grinders are supposed to be better because they don't heat up the beans. I can't really tell the difference between beans that have been ground with a burr grinder or a blade grinder, but I can tell the difference between fresh ground coffee and pre-ground coffee.
The biggest difference you would notice between a good burr grinder and a blade grinder is consistency. This is very important if you ever plan on using it in an espresso machine and also important for a french press, using a drip grinder you would probably notice less of a difference but it would still help.

I use a bistro burr grinder and it has been as low as $40 (although in a weird green color). I tried the costco starbucks roasted coffee and it is all right but I still prefer pike place roast to it.

Starbucks usually doesn't have a sale like this. The last good sale was a BOGO they did a few months ago.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2948 upvotes
everyone few months is good enough :P Did the last BOGO have free shipping too?

The portion packs are actually on sale, with $25, it is about half price. Anyone compare the portion packs to beans. I never use beans myself, kind of concern the time it may expose to the air, even in a jar. With portion packs, you only expose the grinds a few days.
nksharp wrote: The biggest difference you would notice between a good burr grinder and a blade grinder is consistency. This is very important if you ever plan on using it in an espresso machine and also important for a french press, using a drip grinder you would probably notice less of a difference but it would still help.

I use a bistro burr grinder and it has been as low as $40 (although in a weird green color). I tried the costco starbucks roasted coffee and it is all right but I still prefer pike place roast to it.

Starbucks usually doesn't have a sale like this. The last good sale was a BOGO they did a few months ago.
Apr 23, 2008
339 posts
226 upvotes
Ottawa
82 wrote: everyone few months is good enough :P Did the last BOGO have free shipping too?

The portion packs are actually on sale, with $25, it is about half price. Anyone compare the portion packs to beans. I never use beans myself, kind of concern the time it may expose to the air, even in a jar. With portion packs, you only expose the grinds a few days.
The BOGO sale in February had free shipping if you spent more than a certain amount, I think it was $75. I ended up with a lot of coffee! The only problem was many of the coffee packages had short best-before dates.

I've never purchased the portion packs so cannot comment on them.
Oct 27, 2004
105 posts
12 upvotes
Edmonton
Just placed an order and no tax charged! Anyone else getting this?
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
Draco007 wrote: Just placed an order and no tax charged! Anyone else getting this?
there's no tax on coffee beans, because food items are not taxed.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12211 posts
2948 upvotes
any more comments or actual experiment about portion packs vs beans? thanks
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
1435 posts
39 upvotes
Vancouver
Are there free returns with the starbucks store?
t_garp wrote:I have to stop checking RFD, this site is making me broke... :twisted:
:cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2007
1320 posts
314 upvotes
Does Paypal checkout for Starbuck work for anyone here? Didn't work last night for me and same thing this morning.

I know Paypal work fine as I just bought something else from another site.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1519 posts
393 upvotes
Mississauga
rdsharma5@gmail.com wrote: picked up $68.00 worth of coffee ...came to $43.80 shipped and if you buy the Christmas blend you get a free mug .Pay with paypal and the next purchase on bestbuy /futureshop is 5% back ... Nice deal
How'd you get the free mug? Is that deal over?
Deal Expert
Apr 30, 2003
24045 posts
4140 upvotes
Toronto
damn, they got rid of that cup. I only got 2, wanted to get more.

ohh noooo... also both the electric frother and thermos coffee press that I wanted to order is gone... :(

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)