Entrepreneurship & Small Business

Start New Business in Montreal/Quebec...Pls Help!!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2017 10:17 pm
Nov 26, 2011
26 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO

Start New Business in Montreal/Quebec...Pls Help!!

Hello,
I am a professional licenced in landscaping and want to start my own business in Montreal/Quebec. I am really worried and confused how to start this business!.
What I need to run this buz is the following:
1- A small local commercial place (about 10 sqm + toilet and sink), this place would be as a call center and should be on ground floor so I can place a big sign carried my business name and has a parking in front of it so loading and unloading stuff be easily.
2- A car. I will discuss it in automotive forum later.
3- Full/part time one employee as office clerk to work in the office and receive calls.
4-Myself who will do the professional jobs. At first I don't need other staff to help me, but if the business expands then I would hire more technicians.
=======
I don't plan or thinking to run this business from my apartment, so this point is out of question.

I need your advises guys about the following:
1-Should I first rent the place or go through registration the business first?
2-The business will be based in Montreal, where should I start to register it? What documents they need? how much it costs? please provide addresses if possible ..thnx
3-I haven't bought a car yet, should I register the car in the name of the business or in my name?, from taxes aspect.
4-I have personal bank accounts in RBC and TD. Should I open one in business's name, if yes when should I do that? Which bank is the best for small business?
5- I need fax number, land line phone, toll free number and mobile phone. Can I get full package for reasonable price from any carrier?
6-Any advise where to look for a small local commercial to rent in Montreal. I tried kijii and craigslist without success.
5-I am rewriting the most important question at the moment which confuses me (Where should I start to register this business? What documents they need? how much it costs? please provide addresses if possible ..thnx). Please remember we are talking about Montreal/Quebec.
6-Any advise how to reduce my taxes when I start this business?
Thanks a lot in advance.
4 replies
Nov 26, 2011
26 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
No replies! I really need your help guys. thanks
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2004
9356 posts
2211 upvotes
Cambridge, ON
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/business/start.html

You'll need to do some reading and understanding and determine a business plan. Your questions seem to suggest that you don't have a complete business plan. Do you need a building to start? Do you need staff initially? It sounds like you want to incorporate, so that would be a good start. Do you have an accountant to help you out?
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2011
2004 posts
1181 upvotes
London
I think you are way to late to be starting a landscaping business for this year.
Our town has a small business centre. They offer free training on starting a business and even an incubator program where they supply office space for a year I think to get you up and running. Maybe look into that.
Nov 26, 2011
26 posts
1 upvote
TORONTO
thanks guys for your replies. Actually, I posted those questions so I could put my plan upon its answers. I know, not many of you know all the answers but answer one question could help me a lot.

Um now in progress collecting information and this is why i posted in this forum and in automobile forum coz I need to buy a car for this business. Kindly, if you know one answer don't hesitate to post it pls. thanks

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)