None
[OP]
Jul 25, 2009
3 posts
6 upvotes
Woodbridge

Stay away from Canadian Appliance Source

In the beginning of December 2010 I decided to buy a pair of appliances from them (refrigerator and a dish washer). They did not have price match guarantee written anywhere so I asked for it because I knew around boxing day the prices will drop further. The sales person could not give it to me but promised to get the answer from his boss, so we did not close the deal (I was not in a rush and could wait). The next day he called and said his manager would give me 30 days price match guarantee. How gullible I was to believe them. Of course the price dropped but they refused to give me what was promised. Their answer to this - "You already took delivery, and that's where the price match ends".
Bottom line, stay away from Canadian Appliance Source. If they have a good price, just print their price and go to Sears. Sears will match it plus their service is much better.
47 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2007
3036 posts
189 upvotes
Surrey
alexstoev wrote:
Jan 26th, 2011 10:10 am
In the beginning of December 2010 I decided to buy a pair of appliances from them (refrigerator and a dish washer). They did not have price match guarantee written anywhere so I asked for it because I knew around boxing day the prices will drop further. The sales person could not give it to me but promised to get the answer from his boss, so we did not close the deal (I was not in a rush and could wait). The next day he called and said his manager would give me 30 days price match guarantee. How gullible I was to believe them. Of course the price dropped but they refused to give me what was promised. Their answer to this - "You already took delivery, and that's where the price match ends".
Bottom line, stay away from Canadian Appliance Source. If they have a good price, just print their price and go to Sears. Sears will match it plus their service is much better.

Sorry, but you should have got something in writing. From what you've written, the manager could have meant it that way - sure, he may have phrased it in a way which was misleading (intentionally or otherwise), but it certainly could be open to interpretation.

Crappy? You betcha. Dodgy business practices? Yep. Up to you to confirm? Most definitely, especially since they had no posted PM policy, and such policies aren't required.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2005
5538 posts
723 upvotes
Mississauga
alexstoev wrote:

As stated you should of got it in writing. Thanks for posting the warning.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9645 posts
2850 upvotes
Ottawa
I am in Ottawa but plan to drive to Toronto for the Easter weekend to visit some friends and get some shopping done at the same time.

We are looking to buy a range hood for our new place and the best price I have found so far happen to be with Canadian Appliance Source on Keele Street. I know the OP had some issues with price-matching but can anyone comment on the post-sales services?

I tried to get Sears to price-match but after adding shipping cost, it would come out in a wash. I figure we can pick up the range hood while we are down there.

Thanks.
[removed]
Sep 10, 2004
517 posts
80 upvotes
Richmond Hill
alexstoev wrote:
If they have a good price, just print their price and go to Sears. Sears will match it plus their service is much better.
The warning is appreciated, but I beg to differ about Sears' service.

Correction: Sears' service USED to be better. Now they outsource everything. See here.
Jun 13, 2013
1 posts
5 upvotes
OTTAWA
At first I thought I’d found a great store for appliances and was quite delighted with my original purchase. Checking online about the price of my unit I found it had dropped $400 last week. I inquired about the pricing guarantee not really expecting a positive outcome but was disappointed none the less. I must admit I politely vented my frustrations about their policies and my disappointment but I never expected the lambasting I received from their customer service about not being a “normal person” and then being told to `NOT“ shop there again or use their site. I called the store and discovered that Ari was actually one of the managers!!! His email is part of the conversation you can read verbatim below; I`m not making this stuff up.

I`d heed their recommendation and join/shop Costco for all your appliance needs. They certainly believe in Costco, why shouldn’t you?!

Take it from Ari, the horses mouth, or did I get that backwards?

14/0612013
BoldChat Support

How may I help you?
[Visitor] HI, I bought my KitchenAid stove from you online in January for $400 more than listed
now. Is there any price guarantee that applies to my purchase?
[Operator] Hello, my name is [email]ari@canadianappliancesource.ca[/email], how may I help you?
[Operator] has it been delivered? what is your order number
[Visitor] Yes it was delivered in January
[Operator] unfortunately we are not able to adjust pricing on items that have been delivered
[Visitor] Thanks, I’ll know better next time.
[Visitor] That’s why I’ll continue to shop Costco.
[Visitor] They always back their customers with excellent price guarantees.
[Operator] sorry I can not be of more help
[Visitor] So am I now that I’m $400 poorer for shopping with you.
[Visitor] Lessons learned; you should re-examine your policies in light of social media and the
public’s ability to speak out.
[Visitor] …which I’ll be doing right after this post…
[Operator] I will pass the message along to the higher authorities in the company
[Visitor] Have a great day and enjoy my money
[Visitor] I sure would have…
[Visitor] ”From satisfied customer to unsatisfied in just a few keystrokes”
[Visitor] p.s. please remove my rating and review from the ”KEBS177SWH” KitchenAid oven listing. I
now have a different opinion.
[Visitor] Refunding my $400 would have been more prudent
[Operator] Canadian Appliance Source Reserves the right to put products on sale without having to
refund all prior customers that may have paid a higher price. That is how most regular stores and
normal people operate and think
. We actually have no polices that states we will honour a lower
price after the product had been purchased or delivered. Please do Not shop at our store in the
future. Thanks
[Visitor] …and up yours too, thanks.
[Operator] And absolutely no need to use our site either. Costco has a great site.
[Visitor] I’ll most certainly share this chat on social media on your behalf Have a lovely day.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9645 posts
2850 upvotes
Ottawa
canabiz wrote:
Feb 29th, 2012 4:45 pm
I am in Ottawa but plan to drive to Toronto for the Easter weekend to visit some friends and get some shopping done at the same time.

We are looking to buy a range hood for our new place and the best price I have found so far happen to be with Canadian Appliance Source on Keele Street. I know the OP had some issues with price-matching but can anyone comment on the post-sales services?

I tried to get Sears to price-match but after adding shipping cost, it would come out in a wash. I figure we can pick up the range hood while we are down there.

Thanks.
Got the range hood and have it installed without any issue. A few hundreds cheaper than comparable ones in Ottawa so i can't complain!

Sharkbyte: I feel bad for you. I am not familiar with their price adjustment policy (e.g. how long and for what items) but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect to get back the difference.
[removed]
Sep 20, 2010
2 posts
1 upvote
That Ari person is actually the Owner of the Whole Company. Keyboard Warrior.Don't shop there, your money will be lost forever. No customer Service what so ever. Good luck if you do. They don't cover damage to the homes either. Delivery guys are terrible.
Jun 8, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
Scarborough, ON
They installed the washer, gave me a blank BOL and left in a hurry before I had a chance to inspect. Washer was damaged and they refuse to exchange it. They said it was inspected and signed for, but when they produced the BOL, the signature was not mine. They still refuse to exchange. Do yourselves a favour and go to a place that they will treat you with respect after they get your money. Worst customer service ever. Avoid at all costs.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1191 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
This place is a joke it is so obvious, just check out their "reviews" on yelp. Every single positive review is by a new member and every single review is written in the same format. 1 Person reviewed a dishwasher purchase in Jan. Then an updated review in July of another dishwasher purchase, and then signed by a different name. Everytime I see their fake reviews, I want to put up a review myself of how horrible and generic their fake reviews are.

The above is too funny, it should really be posted online everywhere, what a way to interact with customers. How the heck are they still in business though. I guess the scams they pull really pays off for them.
Feb 27, 2014
255 posts
29 upvotes
alexstoev wrote:
There are better and bigger stores to buy appliances such as The Bay, Sears, Home Depot, Best Buy or even Ikea if you fancy European brands.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8312 posts
1531 upvotes
London
milhouse611 wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 2:04 pm
The above is too funny, it should really be posted online everywhere, what a way to interact with customers. How the heck are they still in business though. I guess the scams they pull really pays off for them.
Appliances aren't like groceries. People buy them so rarely that enough advertising will attract a steady supply of marks customers that don't do any research before buying. How many times have we seen someone come here _after_ a bad experience?
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2014
1191 posts
104 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Ottomaddox wrote:
Nov 11th, 2015 6:52 pm
Appliances aren't like groceries. People buy them so rarely that enough advertising will attract a steady supply of marks customers that don't do any research before buying. How many times have we seen someone come here _after_ a bad experience?
True. At times when you are so focused on the cheapest prices I guess you forget about everything else. When it comes to big purchases though, I tend to stay with bigger, more established stores.

The chat and the person being the owner should be posted in all review sites like Yelp to help others stay away.
Jun 28, 2009
551 posts
150 upvotes
bought my bosch kitchen set from them (fridge, range and dishwasher) prior to moving into my new home. This was at their Mississauga location. I was able to knock their $5800 price for the set, down to $4500. At the time of sale, the sales associate did offer a 30 day price match/protection as well.

One week after the sale, the price of the same bosch I had purchased dropped $300. Contacted the sales associate I had dealt with and mentioned the price dropped and would like the price adjustment. He first said that since I was already saving $1300, he didn't want to do it. After going back and forth, he did end up adjusting the price.

Inconvenience to deal with, yes, but it was far cheaper than the other big box stores.

After a year and a half, Bosch appliances are still holding up.
Jun 9, 2007
163 posts
16 upvotes
Ottawa
Maybe it's location? The Ottawa one (it's been around about a year) has mostly positive reviews. Just bought a fridge from them. It was a fantastic price so I won't be worried about matching any future price drops. Will just have to make sure to check it carefully when it's delivered.