• Last Updated:
  • Nov 24th, 2017 5:59 am
Tags:
None
Nov 8, 2015
30 posts
5 upvotes
Terrebonne, QC
Bought my Washer & Dryer and my dishwasher. No issues at all.. Ordered from the Ottawa store and got it delivered to Montreal before they had a store here.
Jun 3, 2011
1 posts
1 upvote
Absolutely agree with the advice - stay away from the retailer! The worst retailer in Canada that I met in 15 years. On April 30th we bought in the store dishwasher Bosch and fridge Samsung RF26HFENDSR ($1499.99). The fridge was delivered on July 6th and delivery crew found that the fridge did not fit our opening. They insisted that I should accept the delivery and later contact the store to request exchange to smaller model. I have two witnesses of the conversation. However my request to exchange was denied (even that I agreed to pay 25% of restocking fee, that they charge for any return, even unpacked and unused item. The reason for the denial - I accepted delivery. When I tried to explained to the employee (by the way I don't know her title and last name; she signed only as Katelyn, from return authorisation department), that I was instructed to accept it by their crew, so It was a result of misinformation. However she answered with ridiculous argument, that they don't have any indication that the item didn't fit (though I asked the delivery guys to write it in the bill, and he promised to do it). So what other reason could force me the same day to ask exchange and be ready to pay 25% fine? So at the end she refused to allow return of the fridge, so right now I remained with large fridge in the middle of my room, that I will be forced to sell for any amount on Kijiji. Today I bought already from Costco the same model that I was ready to receive from Canadian Appliance Source (with free delivery, the same price, 2-years warranty and free 90-days return!). I think that such attitude to the customer needs (even as a result of its unintended mistake) is damaging both to me as a customer, and to the store (they didn't receive 25% fine for one model, while still profiting from the sell, and now they will receive a lot of negative publicity from me).
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4669 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
Can you get better prices in store @ CAS? Online, they have deals that knock off $200 on the next appliance. I took a snapshot of my shopping cart and will monitor the site until I finalize because I know they constantly have "sales".
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2166 posts
416 upvotes
Orleans
I was able to price match at BB a great price CAS had on over the range microwave.

They have some pretty good prices.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2007
1082 posts
131 upvotes
Any coupon codes, e.g. free shipping?
Sep 1, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Canadianappliance is terrible...never going back there. Within a week I purchased and got a dishwasher delivered. A day after delivery the price dropped by another $500. No price match...final sale.
Sep 3, 2017
3 posts
3 upvotes
jeeva86 wrote:
Aug 5th, 2017 11:53 pm
Can you get better prices in store @ CAS? Online, they have deals that knock off $200 on the next appliance. I took a snapshot of my shopping cart and will monitor the site until I finalize because I know they constantly have "sales".
Not really, we checked the prices online and quite a few of the items we looked at, mentioned that we would get additional savings in-store. Some of the items also had the "$200 on the next appliance" along with "additional savings in-store only".
At the store, they didn't give any additional discount over the internet price. I'd say it's a marketing scam to have you go to the store and pressurized into finalizing the deal.
They did however knock out an additional $35 off a $6000 purchase and took $100 off insurance (we got insurance for all appliances: fridge, stove, dishwasher, washer and dryer).

We were so scared because we were in a hurry and made the purchase prior to researching the company and finding out about the warnings in this post.
We did encounter some issues:
1 - They "forgot" to schedule our delivery so we ended up getting our appliances 1 week later and still missing dryer (they did say they were out of stock when we purchased so we expected to receive the dryer at a later date). In part, I guess we should've done our due diligence and called them to "confirm" delivery. Mistake made and lesson well learnt.
2 - Delivery guys were great except that they were pushy to have us sign the paperwork. On paper it clearly stated that we should not accept delivery if there are issues with the appliances. The delivery guys told us that we had 7 days (not business days) to report problems to CAS. Per CAS customer service, once an appliance is delivered, they (CAS) are off the hook and any issues encountered will have to go through the factory warranty. So, don't let the delivery guys push you around.

Disregarding post-purchase price-match policy (I know Corbeil offers this but forgot to ask/check with CAS at time of purchase), I'd say our experience was OK overall (we went to the Montreal store, maybe it's different at different stores).
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8368 posts
1575 upvotes
London
Obviously this thread is popping up on online searches, judging from the one-post newbies flying in. How long before Canadian Appliance Source (CAS) http://www.canadianappliance.ca/ notices and does some astro-turfing or forces this thread to disappear?
Sep 14, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Stay far away from Canadian Appliance Source. The worst buying experience of my life. Bought a washing machine. Delivery was delayed. Eventually 4 weeks later it was delivered. On the first use it did not work. I contacted the store the day it was delivered,, they sent me a dead on arrival form, and said a technician would need to check the machine. A week later a technician confirmed the machine was DOA. Canadian Appliance Source will not take the machine back, exchange it for another one, return our money. They suggested we call the manufacturer to see if they can do anything. The repair technician advised not to have the machine repaired get a new one. I can not imagine an appliance retailer behaving this way. They sold us a broken washing machine and will take no responsibility what so ever.

Shop elsewhere !
Sep 25, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
All this info is great to know. I was just about to order a freezer from them...changed my mind! Thanks for the heads up.
Sep 26, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Bought a new GE stove at Canadian Appliance Source (Etobicoke) on Aug 28, 2017. It was delivered on Sept 7, 2017. On quick inspection it looked fine. Send the delivery guys away. Removed the tape that holds the oven door closed and noticed a 1/2 gap on one side, compared to the 1/8 gap on the other side of the oven. Opened the oven door and seen that around the hinge screws, the enamel is broken away and the metal has already started to rust. Plus, the oven light would not turn off, because the door won't close properly. Reported it same day, was told that I have to go directly to GE for replacement or repair. I paid for a new stove, why would I want it repaired? IDIOTS!! I played their game, took pictures, sent in the RA form. And emailed them and called them continuously. Finally on Sept 18, 2017 I got an email from them says that "It was approved by GE. Ge will be taking care of the exchange". GREAT!!! It's about time, waited for a call from to line up exchange date. Nothing comes. I called GE, they know nothing about it. I emailed the RA at CAS, they now tell me that it will be repaired not replaced. I told them "NO", I bought a new stove. Not the garbage they delivered. Fight goes on. Anyone interested in protesting in front of their store???
I may call Pat Foran of CTV news Comsumer Alert, has anyone done this?

STAY AWAY FROM CANADIAN APPLIANCE SOURCE
Sep 27, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Been promised both items I purchased to be delivered maximum in 2 weeks. I needed them in 1 week, but tried to understand "situation" with manufacturer. Today is 8 weeks of waiting. No sign of getting what I ordered. Keep calling and sending e-mails. Getting back just lies.
Will wait until end of next week. If my order not delivered - will call to credit card company and cancel this for good. 8 weeks of using my 25% down payment and you call this saving?
Lowe's is the best store so far from my experience. If you need saving - just go to Lowe's and talk to a store manager. You will get great product, service and discount.
CAS - never ever again.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2005
4669 posts
174 upvotes
Ottawa
So much nightmares from CAS. I’ve had to order a microwave because they were the only ones still selling it. It won’t be connected til another 6 months so I hope it’ll work. I also got the additional 4y warranty. It seems like we should just pm what we want at hd, Lowe’s or rona?