Green / Eco-Friendly

Stay Away from Organic Boutique on Queen West!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2016 9:43 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 5, 2008
1 posts
Toronto

Stay Away from Organic Boutique on Queen West!

I found a great list of organic food stores in Toronto, and was very happy with Cabbagetown Organics as well as some others.

But beware of Organic Boutique Food Market at 970 Queen West. Snobby, outdated, and unwelcoming. I don't know what their issue is, but it's a pretty serious one. Has anyone else had this issue?

If you're in that neighbourhood, try The Healthy Butcher or Sunshine Garden.
79 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2003
3706 posts
10 upvotes
can you post a list of organic places or somewhere online?
Aug 14, 2007
100 posts
Agreed - the staff I dealt with the one time I tried to shop there was a total knob, acting like ringing in a couple of bananas wasn't worth his time. I left my order at the counter and walked out.

On the other end of the scale, 4Life Natural Foods, Sugar & Spice, Essence of Life and Tutti Frutti in Kensington, and KO Food Mart and Qi on Roncesvalles are the shiznizzle...

i.
May 2, 2008
1 posts
toronto
I just came back from shopping at Organic Boutique on Queen and it was the most unpleasant and odd experience I've ever had as a shopper. I was pleased to find this post/forum when I came home to search their business.
While reading the ingredients on a jar of curry sauce, I was told sternly to "put that back, you're standing where I just mopped" I asked if the worker was serious as I was caught completey off guard by this remark and treatment. He responded with "this is a grocery store not a place to shop!" Now I was really confused. I immediately left the store as I felt the worker was very upset about something and I had no idea what it was. I would encourage anyone and everyone to boycott this store due to their astonishingly terrible service and overall hospitality. This place needs to go!
Oct 19, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
I posted a review on Google maps about this a-hole!
I was seriously floored with how overpriced the merchandise was, how poor the quailty was (I think they had a leaky roof as everything was SOAKED), and how RUDE the sales clerk was!
News flash to Mr Dreadlock-Sporting, Grubby T-shirt-Wearing Snob: this is friggin Queen West, not Park Avenue! Your store is crap, and we have waaaaaay better options for organics than your estabishment.
Get your head out of your ass!
BOYCOTT THIS DISGUSTING ESTABLISHMENT!!
Anyone who gives this jerk money is contributing to his success...which is clearly not a desired effect for the rest of society!
DOWN WITH QUEEN ORGANICS!
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2005
2731 posts
35 upvotes
Toronto
Someone's pissed off the wrong store... :lol:
Jon Lim
Aug 22, 2007
976 posts
39 upvotes
Why are there 3 people who have less than 5 posts posting in this thread? *suspicious*
Deal Addict
Jul 1, 2007
2523 posts
67 upvotes
bluewaker wrote:
Oct 25th, 2008 4:28 pm
Why are there 3 people who have less than 5 posts posting in this thread? *suspicious*
+1.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2007
1756 posts
252 upvotes
Since the posts are spaced so many months apart, I would guess that they came home pissed off from trying to shop there and googled "organic boutique queen" or something like that and this thread popped up right away. They then created an account specifically to share their bad experience and we will probably never see them again.

Laura
Oct 26, 2008
1 posts
Toronto
xansmommy wrote:
Oct 25th, 2008 8:21 pm
Since the posts are spaced so many months apart, I would guess that they came home pissed off from trying to shop there and googled "organic boutique queen" or something like that and this thread popped up right away. They then created an account specifically to share their bad experience and we will probably never see them again.

Laura
Shopping here is infuriating - and everyone I have spoken to about this thinks that their bad experience is exclusive and a personal one, when it's likely that every customer has been treated equally poor. This dude is clearly a jerk who doesn't know the first thing about customer service. It amazes me that this place remains to be in operation. The produce section is lame, the condition of the store is ridiculous, and my red bell pepper cost $2.50. The smarm of the dude behind the register is just salt on the wounds.
Jan 8, 2008
431 posts
18 upvotes
Toronto
What about Whole Foods in Yorkville GTA area.Customer service is Excellent and the place is HUGE lots of variety!
Mar 7, 2007
3 posts
xansmommy wrote:
Oct 25th, 2008 8:21 pm

Laura
Yep. That's me googling "organic boutique toronto" pissed off by mister "don't touch if you're not buying it-I'm having a bad day-no basket no service-this isn't a grocery store-broken items come out of MY paycheque-you don't need my name OR the owners name" dreadlock jackass.

This is level of customer service is UNACCEPTABLE and I'm surprised that this guy is still working there after all this time. Has anyone actually complained about him? I intend to do so as soon as i get the name of the owner.

And to add insult to injury, after ranting at me for standing my ground, and after refusing me his name and the owners name (to which I thanked him for all his "help" and remarked, I'm sure I'll find it) he said I'm welcome back when I have a basket. No chance I'm ever going back there without an apology.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 6, 2003
8454 posts
10 upvotes
I need a "regular" to go to this store and do some shopping. :)
People who are in my gang: Nikita, Spidey, weedb0y, jcoltage, deep, pitz, Sylvestre, Icedawn, 3weddings, Ambermoon, CSK'sMom, jazzsax, bokep, matdwyer, Dash, KorruptioN, angekfire, sxz, WontonTiger, YYZFA, king_george, 45ED, sxz, Ojam

*WE GONNA GIT YOU!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2005
5555 posts
71 upvotes
Lol 5 people with 1 post all have the same experience.