• May 29th, 2017 12:19 am
Jun 22, 2015
77 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Questrade wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 9:18 am
Hi Osman 3500,

We’re glad to hear you’re considering transferring your RRSP to Questrade. If you send us your email address, we can ask someone from our new account team to reach out to you and ensure the process goes smoothly.
I will do this mid to late March and I already have a non reg with you so I will call in and ask. Thank you for the reply!
Jun 22, 2015
77 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary, AB
ksgill wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 9:23 am
You shouldn't have issues if you are transferring only one account. They reimburse transfer fee charged by the other institution for only one account. For example, if you are transferring an RRSP, a TFSA and an RESP accounts, only one transfer fee is reimbursed and you'll be on the hook for the remaining two fees.
Thanks for the clarification. That's good to hear.
Jun 27, 2007
530 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
ukrainiandude wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 6:14 pm
Nothing beats Questrade with free ETF purchases.
Thanks for the shout out ukrainiandude!
Jun 27, 2007
530 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
marc_t wrote:
Jan 19th, 2017 4:31 pm
hey guys, I'm looking for a broker.

Currently have RRSP savings with Tangerine, and looking to get into Vanguard ETFs.

Any recommended broker ?
Hi marc_t,

If you have any questions about Questrade, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Apr 9, 2012
412 posts
92 upvotes
Markham
Why not just join Interactive Brokers. Should be a lot better than Questrade. Lets see what the Questrade Rep says.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2013
1796 posts
140 upvotes
Sidney
atang810 wrote:
Jan 20th, 2017 10:34 am
Why not just join Interactive Brokers. Should be a lot better than Questrade. Lets see what the Questrade Rep says.
Tried it......nope.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3443 posts
384 upvotes
Montreal
Questrade wrote:
Jan 16th, 2017 11:01 am
Hi cn_habs,

We want to help. If you send us a private message with the email address of the account in question, we can investigate this for you.
It's been over a week since I sent you a detailed PM. If you can't reimburse stop payment fee of $25 on a referral bonus, I don't know how anyone can trust you with any issue.
Zoomer: $36 nationwide + 2GB
Jun 27, 2007
530 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Hi cn_habs,

We are investigating the situation and will provide you with an update as soon as possible.
Jun 27, 2007
530 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
Hyphy wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 12:58 am
tried to sign up with questrade twice over the years. never got verified b/c my first name is apparently in the wrong order. even the banks and TD DI don't have an issue with it but questrade does.
Hi Hyphy,

We want to help you. If you would like us to investigate this issue, please send us a private message with your email address.
Jan 27, 2017
1 posts
1 upvote
Is it possible to transfer money out of a non-verified account in QuestTrade?

My account was taking a while to get verified, so I sent in an email and was told my account would be verified within 5-10 minutes and could start funding it.
The next day, my account has still not been verified and I'm getting worried
Dec 8, 2008
774 posts
61 upvotes
Montreal, QC
RedFagDeal wrote:
Jan 28th, 2017 10:56 am
Is it possible to transfer money out of a non-verified account in QuestTrade?

My account was taking a while to get verified, so I sent in an email and was told my account would be verified within 5-10 minutes and could start funding it.
The next day, my account has still not been verified and I'm getting worried
Mine took an extra day after being verified to start trading, even after I saw that it correctly received the initial deposit. Wait until Monday I think everything should clear up
Feb 1, 2006
728 posts
111 upvotes
Hyphy wrote:
Jan 27th, 2017 12:58 am
tried to sign up with questrade twice over the years. never got verified b/c my first name is apparently in the wrong order. even the banks and TD DI don't have an issue with it but questrade does.
I had a similar issue with Questrade a few years ago. I had returned to Canada after several years living abroad so they couldn't verify me with their credit bureau based system. They told me I had to get a notarized ID confirmation. Yeah right. At this point I even had a few credit cards. Walked into a big 5 branch and had no issues at all opening multiple direct investing accounts just by showing my DL. Questrade has to fix this verification system. Do they want to do business or not?
Jun 27, 2007
530 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
minimalist wrote:
Jan 29th, 2017 1:44 pm
I had a similar issue with Questrade a few years ago. I had returned to Canada after several years living abroad so they couldn't verify me with their credit bureau based system. They told me I had to get a notarized ID confirmation. Yeah right. At this point I even had a few credit cards. Walked into a big 5 branch and had no issues at all opening multiple direct investing accounts just by showing my DL. Questrade has to fix this verification system. Do they want to do business or not?
Hi minimalist,

We’re sorry for the difficulty you experienced. If you would like us to investigate this situation and help you set up an account, please send us a private message with your email address.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel