Investing

STAY AWAY from Questrade!!!!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 1st, 2019 6:02 pm
May 3, 2015
401 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
freilona wrote: Do you have DRIP Off in your margin and On in registered accounts? The dividends with DRIP usually show up a day later than non-DRIP.
Yes that is the case and I thought that may be the issue. I asked the Questrade rep through the chat function if that was the issue, but they didn't seem to think so. They opened a case #. Hoping that is the situation and it will just appear this week :)
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2014
3963 posts
4723 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah I've noticed that we (the users) sometimes seem to know the system better than the reps - don't worry, they'll show up :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2009
5735 posts
1582 upvotes
Montreal
MikeZ13 wrote: Yes that is the case and I thought that may be the issue. I asked the Questrade rep through the chat function if that was the issue, but they didn't seem to think so. They opened a case #. Hoping that is the situation and it will just appear this week :)
Depending on the broker, dividends can take up to 2 extra weeks to show up if dripped.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1754 posts
589 upvotes
GMA
Ismellofhockey wrote: So is Questrade down again for everyone, or just me?
I can't connect as well so it's not just you.
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
Ismellofhockey wrote: So is Questrade down again for everyone, or just me?
yeah my IQ edge stopped working and can't get on to the web platform either. JUST as the market opened. VERY frustrating!!!!

On the web version i'm getting the message "Oops! You've entered an invalid user ID or password. Please re-enter."
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
Wow this is disappointing. I've been with Questrade for less than 2 months and they have gone down twice in that time period. Looks like my limit order didn't even go through while the system was down. Maybe it is time to go back to a big broker.
Last edited by fubsabob on Jul 17th, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Public mobile $15 + Fido $15 Tablet plan
Zoomer: $36, 4gb data
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
My IQ Edge just went back online. Still, a 10-15 minute downtime during market hours, especially for day traders is not acceptable.
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
endokuken wrote: My IQ Edge just went back online. Still, a 10-15 minute downtime during market hours, especially for day traders is not acceptable.
Definatly and they don't do anything to make it right either.
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
DOWN AGAIN LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
fubsabob wrote: DOWN AGAIN LOL
]

Yup. At this rate there is no more excuses for Questrade any more

Now they have this message up

We're making some changes

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We're updating our systems and working to have everything back up as soon as possible.

Not a good time to make changes/update DURING trading hours
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
Maybe saving $5 a trade compared to big brokers isn't that much when you are losing hundreds because you can't place orders.
Jun 28, 2017
85 posts
29 upvotes
That's just marketing. "Making some changes" sounds more in control than "We **** up and don't know what to do, so hang in there".
Mar 4, 2010
572 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry but this shouldn't happen at all, i'm losing hundreds of dollars at the moment and cannot trade
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
djfunk wrote: Sorry but this shouldn't happen at all, i'm losing hundreds of dollars at the moment and cannot trade
The best part is my limit order didn't even go through while the system was down even though it was placed before it went down. Nearly half an hour outage during trading hours what a joke.
Mar 4, 2010
572 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
fubsabob wrote: The best part is my limit order didn't even go through while the system was down even though it was placed before it went down. Nearly half an hour outage during trading hours what a joke.
i agree. I have swing trades that i am publicly seeing going down the toilet as we speak on margin. i would've expected that QT has redundancy and failsafes in place. I have relatives work at TSX in QA and for banking software that say something like this should never happen.
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
djfunk wrote: i agree. I have swing trades that i am publicly seeing going down the toilet as we speak on margin. i would've expected that QT has redundancy and failsafes in place. I have relatives work at TSX in QA and for banking software that say something like this should never happen.
I'm having a hard time understanding how orders placed before it went down weren't filled, do they not have any redundancies placed for situations like these like you said? Also literally the worst time for the system to go down.