• Nov 1st, 2019 6:02 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
It's been very reliable for me until now

We're making some changes
Sorry for the inconvenience.

We're updating our systems and working to have everything back up as soon as possible.
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
They should expect a crapload of people leaving now. Even if they offered lifetime of free trades, wouldn't be worth it at this point with their "reliability"
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
Back up
Public mobile $15 + Fido $15 Tablet plan
Zoomer: $36, 4gb data
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
2240 posts
669 upvotes
Mississauga
hehehe... I learned my lesson from the last outage. It was on options expiration day and I had options with value that I could not sell, online or phone. Lost >$2K and they refused to even discuss it.
I have since left for IB.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
back up
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Come on get your act together. Did they off shore staff or something? 2 days in a row
Mar 4, 2010
572 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
yup got hit with this too. Once its back online, i'm divesting myself of questrade...
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
Is this actually a joke? How do you go offline during trading hours 2 days in a row?
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
djfunk wrote: yup got hit with this too. Once its back online, i'm divesting myself of questrade...
Its been good for me up until this week. ..will start looking for alternatives. Maybe they're spending more on marketing (commercials) and less on their IT
Mar 4, 2010
572 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
blexann wrote: Its been good for me up until this week. ..will start looking for alternatives. Maybe they're spending more on marketing (commercials) and less on their IT
yes i agree its been good till this week, BUT 100% uptime, all the time, no matter what. This goes to show they are exposed to critical failures and don't have disaster recovery in place anymore

Edit: Phone app is also down
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
djfunk wrote: yes i agree its been good till this week, BUT 100% uptime, all the time, no matter what. This goes to show they are exposed to critical failures and don't have disaster recovery in place anymore
How did you trades go for the rest of the day yesterday after the site came back up?
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
fubsabob wrote: Is this actually a joke? How do you go offline during trading hours 2 days in a row?
questrade is buy and hold platform. don't use it for active trading at all.

no after hours market supported either.. lol
Feb 11, 2015
197 posts
248 upvotes
mathiewannabe wrote: questrade is buy and hold platform. don't use it for active trading at all.

no after hours market supported either.. lol
Yeah I'm starting to learn that over the past couple of days...
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2010
1127 posts
479 upvotes
Is there some regulatory organism to which one can lodge a complaint? All this down time is becoming very prejudiciable.
Penalty Box
Jul 11, 2008
4368 posts
1508 upvotes
Away from RFD idiots
komodor wrote: Is there some regulatory organism to which one can lodge a complaint? All this down time is becoming very prejudiciable.
lol. why don't you just switch off of it?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2010
1374 posts
345 upvotes
Brampton
Anyone else getting errors? My web platform stopped working AGAIN.

Service Unavailable
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Deal Guru
Mar 10, 2005
12313 posts
5393 upvotes
Danny M: Welcome to Questrade. My name is Danny. How may I help you?
Me: hi
Me: your website is down
Me: Service Unavailable HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.
Me: I cannot login to my account
Danny M: Good afternoon. We are currently experiencing a technical issue with our trading platform. Our support teams have been engaged and we are actively working on a solution. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
Me: what is the ETA for the fix?
Danny M: Would you like me to send you an email once it’s fixed?
Me: yes
Mar 4, 2010
572 posts
285 upvotes
Toronto
just got in in time to liquidate my assets. i play some day buy/sell using a margin and do not prescribe to ANY downtime as this could cost me thousands.