STAY AWAY from Questrade!!!!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 21st, 2017 8:00 am
Dec 13, 2010
779 posts
210 upvotes
ON
Questrade was pretty good, but I ended up leaving for a few reasons:
1) When trading it became complicated when trying to know if I was being quoted the Real time price or not, some pages are giving 15 min delay, even when trading... not acceptable.
2) I had to deposit share certificates to put them into acct for trading. I phoned to inquired on the cost. They said it was free.
IT WAS NOT FREE, they ended up charging $340. Which basically blows out everything I had saved by using Questrade over the years.
(Most other institutions this is free)

I called to get this reimbursed and had to fight with them for a month and only got partial credit.
After seeing how they treat their customers in these situations and in light of the points above, I left them.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1395 posts
95 upvotes
Mississauga
concur. Stay away from Questrade. This past Friday's outage was a big blow to my confinance.
Looking to move 3 of my accounts now.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
4128 posts
268 upvotes
Toronto
vandenp wrote:
May 19th, 2017 7:42 am
Just a little warning regarding Scotia_iTRADE.
They charged me $9.99 commission to buy 18,000 shares of a stock and then when I sold the same 18,000 shares a few months later they charged me $540 in commission.
Apparently I only had a few months at a "special" rate. Missed the fine print that said they would increase my fees by 54 times.
I sent two emails to 'mail.president@scotiabank.com'. They ignored both.
I moved everything to TD WebBroker. Been satisfied with them.
you probably signed 10 dotted lines or clicked "I agree" that many times, read the full agreement, especially the fee structure next time... not sure why this is iTrade's fault.
May 3, 2015
153 posts
70 upvotes
Sooo I received my June dividends for VUN/VEE/VIU in my margin account, but have yet to receive any in my TFSA/RRSP (even though I have the same securities in there). Has anyone else noticed/experienced this?
Aug 4, 2014
992 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Do you have DRIP Off in your margin and On in registered accounts? The dividends with DRIP usually show up a day later than non-DRIP.
May 3, 2015
153 posts
70 upvotes
freilona wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 4:26 pm
Do you have DRIP Off in your margin and On in registered accounts? The dividends with DRIP usually show up a day later than non-DRIP.
Yes that is the case and I thought that may be the issue. I asked the Questrade rep through the chat function if that was the issue, but they didn't seem to think so. They opened a case #. Hoping that is the situation and it will just appear this week :)
Aug 4, 2014
992 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Yeah I've noticed that we (the users) sometimes seem to know the system better than the reps - don't worry, they'll show up :)
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2009
3724 posts
450 upvotes
Montreal
MikeZ13 wrote:
Jul 3rd, 2017 4:29 pm
Yes that is the case and I thought that may be the issue. I asked the Questrade rep through the chat function if that was the issue, but they didn't seem to think so. They opened a case #. Hoping that is the situation and it will just appear this week :)
Depending on the broker, dividends can take up to 2 extra weeks to show up if dripped.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2001
1459 posts
253 upvotes
GMA
Ismellofhockey wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:34 am
So is Questrade down again for everyone, or just me?
I can't connect as well so it's not just you.
Nov 28, 2010
894 posts
124 upvotes
Brampton
Ismellofhockey wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:34 am
So is Questrade down again for everyone, or just me?
yeah my IQ edge stopped working and can't get on to the web platform either. JUST as the market opened. VERY frustrating!!!!

On the web version i'm getting the message "Oops! You've entered an invalid user ID or password. Please re-enter."
Feb 11, 2015
117 posts
129 upvotes
Wow this is disappointing. I've been with Questrade for less than 2 months and they have gone down twice in that time period. Looks like my limit order didn't even go through while the system was down. Maybe it is time to go back to a big broker.
Last edited by fubsabob on Jul 17th, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zoomer: $36 for 2gb data, 400 Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
$26 6gb data, unlimited Canada-wide minutes?
Too good.
Koodo Customer
Nov 28, 2010
894 posts
124 upvotes
Brampton
My IQ Edge just went back online. Still, a 10-15 minute downtime during market hours, especially for day traders is not acceptable.
Feb 11, 2015
117 posts
129 upvotes
endokuken wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:43 am
My IQ Edge just went back online. Still, a 10-15 minute downtime during market hours, especially for day traders is not acceptable.
Definatly and they don't do anything to make it right either.
Zoomer: $36 for 2gb data, 400 Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
$26 6gb data, unlimited Canada-wide minutes?
Too good.
Koodo Customer