Investing

STAY AWAY from Questrade!!!!!!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 19th, 2017 2:55 pm
Feb 11, 2015
96 posts
63 upvotes
DOWN AGAIN LOL
Zoomer: $36 for 2gb data, 400 Canada-wide minutes, and a free phone?
$26 4gb data, unlimited Canada-wide minutes?
Too good.
Nov 28, 2010
780 posts
92 upvotes
Brampton
fubsabob wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:45 am
DOWN AGAIN LOL
]

Yup. At this rate there is no more excuses for Questrade any more

Now they have this message up

We're making some changes

Sorry for the inconvenience.
We're updating our systems and working to have everything back up as soon as possible.

Not a good time to make changes/update DURING trading hours
Feb 11, 2015
96 posts
63 upvotes
Maybe saving $5 a trade compared to big brokers isn't that much when you are losing hundreds because you can't place orders.
Too good.
Jun 28, 2017
23 posts
That's just marketing. "Making some changes" sounds more in control than "We **** up and don't know what to do, so hang in there".
Mar 4, 2010
362 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
Sorry but this shouldn't happen at all, i'm losing hundreds of dollars at the moment and cannot trade
Feb 11, 2015
96 posts
63 upvotes
djfunk wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:52 am
Sorry but this shouldn't happen at all, i'm losing hundreds of dollars at the moment and cannot trade
The best part is my limit order didn't even go through while the system was down even though it was placed before it went down. Nearly half an hour outage during trading hours what a joke.
Too good.
Mar 4, 2010
362 posts
62 upvotes
Toronto
fubsabob wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:54 am
The best part is my limit order didn't even go through while the system was down even though it was placed before it went down. Nearly half an hour outage during trading hours what a joke.
i agree. I have swing trades that i am publicly seeing going down the toilet as we speak on margin. i would've expected that QT has redundancy and failsafes in place. I have relatives work at TSX in QA and for banking software that say something like this should never happen.
Feb 11, 2015
96 posts
63 upvotes
djfunk wrote:
Jul 17th, 2017 9:55 am
i agree. I have swing trades that i am publicly seeing going down the toilet as we speak on margin. i would've expected that QT has redundancy and failsafes in place. I have relatives work at TSX in QA and for banking software that say something like this should never happen.
I'm having a hard time understanding how orders placed before it went down weren't filled, do they not have any redundancies placed for situations like these like you said? Also literally the worst time for the system to go down.
Too good.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
3997 posts
312 upvotes
It's been very reliable for me until now

We're making some changes
Sorry for the inconvenience.

We're updating our systems and working to have everything back up as soon as possible.
I don't do downvotes.
Nov 28, 2010
780 posts
92 upvotes
Brampton
They should expect a crapload of people leaving now. Even if they offered lifetime of free trades, wouldn't be worth it at this point with their "reliability"
Feb 11, 2015
96 posts
63 upvotes
Back up
Too good.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2004
1338 posts
86 upvotes
Mississauga
hehehe... I learned my lesson from the last outage. It was on options expiration day and I had options with value that I could not sell, online or phone. Lost >$2K and they refused to even discuss it.
I have since left for IB.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)