Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes

stay away these online shop using Purolator

very bad experience

they said Attempted delivery - receiver unavailable, but not Notices was left!. in fact , the driver didn't come exactly, I stay at home whole day, only saw UPS, DHL, POSTCanada Truck passed. NOt puralator!.
OK, I asked redelivered . another day they said Attempted delivery - incomplete / incorrect address provided. NOt Notices was left two! . I double check with live chat , they had right the same address.
The Puralator truck not come again!,
lazy driver!!! OK ,the guy told me they need the entry code. WTF!, human should know the entry code is the same as the apt number, there is the keypad on the wall, show press # will see all unit number and the name. Why the driver said receiver unavailable and not said incorrect address provided. If incorrect address provided as the driver said, why receiver unavailable?

What I know is the driver didn't come twice. just stay in the car somewhere drinking coffee and scan the item making the note " receiver unavailable" " incorrect address provided"

I preferred these website using Canadapost regular serice, at least if no one at home they will leave the items in the mailbox or leave a Notices.
21 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 22, 2013
2028 posts
170 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
You know Purolator is owned by Canada Post right?

Either way, I've had the same experience where they maybe just drive by your house then say you weren't home.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes
I know the purolator is owned by Canada post ,but I preferred regular shipping like Expedited Parcels. At least, the mail man come every day but purolator only come when they have enough packaged for the area. In my case , I think the drive don't want to come my area because there are not enough mails.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes
the Res Puolator live chat are liars too , the guy told me the dept was closed today, so they can not delivery. I asked the guy give me the phone number for the dept, he told me he don't know! Ok, I asked for the location, he did. I made a call ,the dept is open! one Res told me redelivered today, liar. no delivery. the second one told me on vehicle for delivery on 10am this morning, liar. I checking online status, no updated. chat with Res again, was told the dept close, liar!
Dec 26, 2007
18 posts
10 upvotes
In my previous experience, UPS is even worse than Purolator. I have been waited two days, Dec 31 and Jan 2, for my shipment but still no sign of them. On the web site it said "On vehicle for delivery today". Stay away from UPS!!! > :(
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1656 posts
339 upvotes
Montreal
wow funny, i happen to ship a box by puro, the delivery was scheduled for dec. 30, website show receiver unavailable, closed.
I called the receiver, he said the office was open from 9-5pm, there was no puro. He said the driver had to ring the bell and someone will open.
Dec 31, rescheduled delivery, same thing, unavailable, closed.

I called puro and asked why no delivery, the office is open. I waited on the phone for 10min, the lady tried to reach the driver, but unsuccessful.
She paged the driver and advised that the office is open. Finally the box was delivered on dec. 31 after she paged the driver.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1786 posts
138 upvotes
Toronto
Do you have a street address that is similar to another street? I heard they don't use GPS so if your street is a street that sounds similar to another in town but that one is a Road and you're a Street, for example, it could be the cause of confusion.

Personally, in my condo, we have had more issues with UPS not buzzing and just leaving a door knocker instead.

Purolator, I usually have no problems with but once I missed a delivery and the delivery pick up WAS FREAKIN' in Etobicoke! It isn't a hop and a skip from the subway either and it's such a pain to go to. At least Canada Post and UPS generally have easier to get to outlets to pick up missed deliveries.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes
purolator didn't leave any Notice on the door, I guess the driver never show up.
Jan 3, 2014 7:27 a.m. Montreal (west/ouest), PQ Attempted delivery - incomplete / incorrect address provided
Jan 3, 2014 4:35 a.m. Montreal (west/ouest), PQ Arrived at sort facility

DEc 26 shipped from Mississauga, ON, Jan 3 I still wait for the package.
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes
I gave them the buzzer code four times, they still asked my the code again
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
439 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
bolomi wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 1:22 pm
the Res Puolator live chat are liars too , the guy told me the dept was closed today, so they can not delivery. I asked the guy give me the phone number for the dept, he told me he don't know! Ok, I asked for the location, he did. I made a call ,the dept is open! one Res told me redelivered today, liar. no delivery. the second one told me on vehicle for delivery on 10am this morning, liar. I checking online status, no updated. chat with Res again, was told the dept close, liar!
Hello bolomi,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident. Could you please email me your tracking number? I'll look into this for you.

Regards,
Vincent
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
Verified Rep
Dec 5, 2010
439 posts
172 upvotes
Toronto
bolomi wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2014 12:45 pm
very bad experience

they said Attempted delivery - receiver unavailable, but not Notices was left!. in fact , the driver didn't come exactly, I stay at home whole day, only saw UPS, DHL, POSTCanada Truck passed. NOt puralator!.
OK, I asked redelivered . another day they said Attempted delivery - incomplete / incorrect address provided. NOt Notices was left two! . I double check with live chat , they had right the same address.
The Puralator truck not come again!,
lazy driver!!! OK ,the guy told me they need the entry code. WTF!, human should know the entry code is the same as the apt number, there is the keypad on the wall, show press # will see all unit number and the name. Why the driver said receiver unavailable and not said incorrect address provided. If incorrect address provided as the driver said, why receiver unavailable?

What I know is the driver didn't come twice. just stay in the car somewhere drinking coffee and scan the item making the note " receiver unavailable" " incorrect address provided"

I preferred these website using Canadapost regular serice, at least if no one at home they will leave the items in the mailbox or leave a Notices.
Hello bolomi,

I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any inconvenience stemming from this incident. Could you please email me your tracking number? I'll look into this for you.

Regards,
Vincent
Customer Care Team / Purolator Inc.

E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com / Twitter Handle: @PurolatorHelp
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes
Painful waiting is enough,I decide to pick up on weekend. Every day, I was told it would be delivery tomorrow, I wait day and day,everyday,I only say the scan showing Incorrect address, entry code needed everyday. It seems that they are busy and keep holding my package in the depot. I got my packages were hold by Canadapost, but the online tracking showed items on hold, so I know they were busy sorting everything out.I was disappointed everyday while seeing Attempted delivery-incorrect address provided. It seems their system was down because the depot was not respond the message sent by the Rep live chat. The depot kept asking my entry code, everyday they scan the item in the shipping center and show Attempted delivery-incorrect address provided.
I requested to pick up, the depot was not respond too. I made a call direct to the depot thought one Rep online live chat told me the depot do not has direct line for call, liar. I search via google and got the phone number. The lady on the phone told me her computer is down and can not tracking my packed. I have to call the hotline and was told my package was going to re delivery on Monday. What! I told two Rep asking to pick, and both them confirmed my request was sent to the depot. The depot ignored all messages sent. The hotline rep told me the counter may be too busy , there were too much requests. I was told I can not go to pick up because my package was in the warehouse was not accessible
It was very bad feeling
[OP]
Aug 10, 2004
135 posts
6 upvotes
My package was in the depot almost two weeks including holiday,weekend. I wait day after day.
Mar 23, 2013
706 posts
118 upvotes
Kitchener
Purolator are known scammers for faking a failed delivery
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
18912 posts
1340 upvotes
This is why I just tell them to leave it at the depot and I pick it up myself - it is FAR easier than trying to catch people at home.
To be nobody but yourself - in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else - means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting. -- E. E. Cummings