2019 Air Miles Shop the Block

STB 2019 - DEPARTURE LOUNGE (a place to CHECK IN & hang out with other RFDers doing STB 2019)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 8:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
3112 posts
1373 upvotes
Waterloo
networksend wrote: Absolute cheapest way to get most miles for someone who has never done an air miles bonus promotion:

1 Samsung account (spend $0) bonus 100 miles
2 Rewarding opinions 3 surveys (spend $0) bonus 15 miles
3 Hudsons bay conversion (spend $0) bonus 30 miles
4 Shell 25L (spend ~$30) bonus 5 miles
5 Rona PL (spend $7.90) bonus 20 miles
6 Lowe’s PL (spend $7.90) bonus 20 miles
7 LCBO wine (spend ~$26) bonus 15 miles

Total spent = ~$72
Total miles collected = 1405 (~$145)
Profit = $73 worth and you have wine/gas/pl premium

Notes:
-You are probably buying gas no matter what, so I don’t really count that $30 as “extra” spending...

For those that can’t do the first 3 free offers here are next cheapest options:

8 Metro catering (spend $25) bonus 50 miles
9 Rexall (spend $40) bonus 20 miles
10 Sobeys (spend $50) bonus ~15 miles
11 Foodland (spend $50) bonus ~15 miles
12 Urban fresh (spend $50) bonus ~15 miles

Total spent = ~$72 (from 4,5,6,7) + $115 = ~$187
Total miles collected = 1345 (~$140)

Profit = $-47 and you have $26 of wine/$30 gas/$16 pl premium/$25 catered lunch/$40 worth of stuff from rexall/$50 worth of stuff from grocery store
Wouldn't the Metro $20 gift basket offer be cheaper?
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2014
4463 posts
2087 upvotes
crystallight wrote: Wouldn't the Metro $20 gift basket offer be cheaper?
Only if you can find one cheaper than $25 but more than $20. I saw one $21.99 but the items don't seem to add up that much even at regular price, so it's not worth the money. Catering is a good deal like last weekend, we got back 75AM with 2 pizzas & a chicken ($27 total)
Jun 3, 2005
548 posts
42 upvotes
Toronto
quick question, if i order a product that is 99.99 before tax from an airmilesshops site, will they exclude me from the offer?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11216 posts
8442 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
KIngMufasa wrote: quick question, if i order a product that is 99.99 before tax from an airmilesshops site, will they exclude me from the offer?
Yes

AirMiles Program doesn’t round

And as i’ve mentioned to others ... there can be headaches in getting Miles & Bonus Miles to POST properly if you are AT the even milestone or just slightly above

See the STB AirMiles Shops.ca thread for more info
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/national ... h-2330709/

And lots of other tips on tricks to get the most from the AMShops Shopping Portal and getting credited for STB 2019

PS... Truthfully, its where you should have posed this Question
If there’s a designated thread for it ... that’s where an offer should be discussed
We have this SUB FORUM strictly because RFDers asked for it vs long Megathreads for these Big Bonus Events
It’s up to each RFDer to make the most of this generous gift of a sub forum from RFD
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1350 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
I am done on 2 accounts:

One:
1) SOBEYS (Spend $ 50+ )
2) SHELL GAS (>25 Litre Fill Up )
3) REXALL (Spend $ 40+)
4) AMShops (Spend $ 100+ at Wayfair)
5) LOWES - tube of adhesive
6) RONA - tube of adhesive
7) HBC Autoconvert
8) BMO AMs MC (Spend $ 350 or $ 700)

Two:
1) SOBEYS (Spend $ 50+ )
3) REXALL (Spend $ 40+)
4) AMShops (Spend $ 100+ at Amazon)
7) LCBO (wine for Holiday gifts)
8) HBC Autoconvert - may work as I have done it before and removed -q has not posted yet
9) Samsung Pay (Still trying to enter AM number on their site)

The tube of adhesive offer at Rona and Lowes made it easier as I would have had to do a shop at Foodland and Urban Fresh on both accounts to be safe.

I am still trying to decide what to do with 4tubes. I may do a return for store credit or just donate to Habitat for Humanity
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11216 posts
8442 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
impailer17 wrote: I am done on 2 accounts:

One:
1) SOBEYS (Spend $ 50+ )
3) REXALL (Spend $ 40+)
4) AMShops (Spend $ 100+ at Wayfair)
7) HBC Autoconvert
8) BMO AMs MC (Spend $ 350 or $ 700)

Two:
1) SOBEYS (Spend $ 50+ )
3) REXALL (Spend $ 40+)
4) AMShops (Spend $ 100+ at Amazon)
7) LCBO (wine for Holiday gifts)
8) HBC Autoconvert - may work as I have done it before and removed -q has not posted yet
9) Samsung Pay (Still trying to enter AM number on their site)

The tube of adhesive offer at Rona and Lowes made it easier as I would have had to do a shop at Foodland and Urban Fresh on both accounts to be safe.

I am still trying to decide what to do with 4tubes. I may do a return for store credit or just donate to Habitat for Humanity
AWESOME.

7 and lots of room to spare
(Always smart to do an 8th for Insurance IMO )

It’s the Christmas Season ... think I would donate the LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* Adhesive to Habitat for Humanity (a great suggestion made in another thread by a fellow RFDer)
They are a wonderful organization that does amazing work
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
11594 posts
1813 upvotes
Mississauga
I've shopped at 6 partners so far and they've all posted to my AM account already. I'll do some Sobey's shopping just before Christmas to finish it off.
May 19, 2009
491 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
PointsHubby wrote:
It’s the Christmas Season ... think I would donate the LEPAGE’s *PL Premium* Adhesive to Habitat for Humanity (a great suggestion made in another thread by a fellow RFDer)
They are a wonderful organization that does amazing work
How does it work? I'm looking at their website and it seems scheduling for a pick up is the only option... I don't have anything else to donate other than the two tubes and some spare light bulbs and I feel bad making them drive all the way to my place just for that......
May 19, 2009
491 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
sherri-chan wrote: This is going to be tough for me (BC).

1. Shell buy $10 lottery (5 BAM)
2. Rona PL $8 (20 BAM)
3. Lowe’s PL $8 (20 BAM)
4. Rexall $40+ (20 BAM)

5. Amazon $100+ (50 BAM) ??

Except I have absolutely no use for the adhesive so will be giving them away... and I might not find $40 worth of things to buy on Rexall or $100 to buy on Amazon...
Finished the first 4!

Now just debating between trying to find something $100+ on Amazon to buy, or just go to Shell and buy like $300 worth of gift cards with my BMO card... (already spent $45 at Rexall) for my #5...
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1350 posts
216 upvotes
Mississauga
sherri-chan wrote: How does it work? I'm looking at their website and it seems scheduling for a pick up is the only option... I don't have anything else to donate other than the two tubes and some spare light bulbs and I feel bad making them drive all the way to my place just for that......
You should be able to donate at any of their stores - they usually have a drop off area on the back. I will be donating my 4 tubes at the Dixie / Eglinton location in Mississauga tomorrow.
:arrow:
Car Dealer not honouring the warranty on a new vehicle? See this thread
May 19, 2009
491 posts
340 upvotes
Vancouver
impailer17 wrote: You should be able to donate at any of their stores - they usually have a drop off area on the back. I will be donating my 4 tubes at the Dixie / Eglinton location in Mississauga tomorrow.
Thanks, I just found their drop off points on their lower mainland website and unfortunately they are all quite far from where I live (20+ min drive). I'll probably just drop them off at nearby donation centers once all of my BAMs posted.
Aug 30, 2015
380 posts
331 upvotes
BC
@setlist POST RELOCATED by Points Hubby - STB 2019 SUB FORUM Host - December 13th

Moved to be in the correct thread for questions on STB Offers where there is no dedicated thread for the offer
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/airmiles ... #p31879918

(Whereas the DEPARTURE LOUNGE is more for hanging out ...
“ I got 5 of 7 offers done so far, how’s everyone else doing” ... kind of thing)
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2012
1906 posts
673 upvotes
Toronto
I did 7 offers so far and they all posted to my account..

I am guessing we won't get the STB miles until January sometime..
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
11216 posts
8442 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
geogolem wrote: I did 7 offers so far and they all posted to my account..

I am guessing we won't get the STB miles until January sometime..
AirMiles has 120 Days (4 months) to POST the BIG BONUS AirMiles from the END of the promo
STB 2019 ends on Dec 27th + 120 Days = END OF APRIL

The good news is, if you READ & FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS ... and the RFD Threads on TIPS & TRICKS
Most RFDers will see their BB AirMiles POST around the 7 week mark
Last year that was Valentines Day

Smiling Face With Sunglasses

Sadly if not ... then AMs usually makes you wait out most of ... or all of the 120 Days
Feb 16, 2011
165 posts
79 upvotes
Anyone done the Staples offer? What does it say on your invoice and on your airmiles statement?