Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Steam: 10% off Left 4 Dead 2 Pre-Orders ($44.99 for 1, $134.99 for 4-Pack)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2009 9:00 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver

[STEAM] Steam: 10% off Left 4 Dead 2 Pre-Orders ($44.99 for 1, $134.99 for 4-Pack)

More offers from STEAM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/550

Remember that in Steam you pay in full at time of order. Prices are in USD but you get charged no tax.

$44.99 or the better deal here is $134.99 for the 4 pack (comes out to $33.75 USD per person).

Remember that you are not allowed to organize group buys in Hot Deals so please do so in the PC and Video Games forum. RedFlagDeals does not assume any responsibility for a group buy gone wrong.

Price History of Left 4 Dead
Pre-order: $45
November 2008: $50
~1 week later: $150 for 4-Pack released ($37.50 a copy)
Boxing Week 2008: 25% off ($37.50)
February 2009: 50% off ($25)
Later on: Permanent Price Drop to $29.99
October 2009: 50% off ($15)

Now it's back to $29.99 or $64.99 bundled with Left 4 Dead 2.
50 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4811 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
So this is going to be a full price game, and given that they have a special package that includes the first game as well, won't be including the first game within it.

Epic fail, IMHO. I'll be passing until it's $15.
Rock it.
Oct 27, 2006
141 posts
1 upvote
45$ for an expansion pack passed off as a sequel? Well, it's still probably better value than ODST.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
waahhhhhhhhhhh a sequel is being released waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh my god i want my free sequel why are they making me pay waaaaahhhhh

grow up children
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4811 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
Firestorm wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 3:43 pm
waahhhhhhhhhhh a sequel is being released waaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
oh my god i want my free sequel why are they making me pay waaaaahhhhh

grow up children
You're the only one I hear actually crying here, son.

I'm speaking with my wallet. I don't feel what they're releasing justifies full price - so I won't buy it. You're free to do something in the same vein; if you feel it's worth it, then by all means give them your money.

A hot deal would be more than $5 off (unless MSRP was only $29.99), or bundling both games together for a REASONABLE price.

Amp, you're right about ODST though. I did the campaign in about 7 hours, and Firefight had no matchmaking (and only 4 player). I enjoyed the campaign enough, but no way was it worth $69.99. I guess if you're a Halo 3 multiplayer fanatic and didn't have any of the extra maps (which seems pretty discongruous itself) there'd be value in the multiplayer - but I didn't enjoy the multi at all, so it went back as a Gaming Guarantee.

So Valve isn't as bad as Bungie, but that ain't saying much.
Rock it.
Mar 10, 2002
426 posts
27 upvotes
Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna harass some friends into splitting a 4-pack tonight.

If you think that L4D2 is only worth the price of an expansion, arrange a group buy for the 4-pack. $33.75 USD is about what an expansion would cost anyway.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
chdude3 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 3:46 pm
You're the only one I hear actually crying here, son.

I'm speaking with my wallet. I don't feel what they're releasing justifies full price - so I won't buy it. You're free to do something in the same vein; if you feel it's worth it, then by all means give them your money.

A hot deal would be more than $5 off (unless MSRP was only $29.99), or bundling both games together for a REASONABLE price.
Uh, it's more than $5 off. Did you miss the 4 pack?

4 copies of the game for $134.99 = $33.75 each. That's $16.25 off or 33% of the $50 game. This is 50% of what the 360 game will sell for + free DLC.

I was commenting more on your sense of entitlement. The first game included for free? Please. Expansion pack? Yeah, ok :rolleyes:

Personally I wasn't interested in the game at $50 or $45 but for $33.75 I'm giving it a serious look.

For people wondering how much waiting will save them:
Price History of Left 4 Dead
Pre-order: $45
November 2008: $50
~1 week later: $150 for 4-Pack released ($37.50 a copy)
Boxing Week 2008: 25% off ($37.50)
February 2009: 50% off ($25)
Later on: Permanent Price Drop to $29.99
October 2009: 50% off ($15)

Now it's back to $29.99 or $64.99 bundled with Left 4 Dead 2.

Not really enough to justify waiting 'til Boxing Day =/
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4811 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
Firestorm wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 3:53 pm
I was commenting more on your sense of entitlement.
LOL nice one there, chief. If I was like all the other whiny little kids here feeling I was entitled to the world, then I'd just say something about stealing the game. I guess I don't understand your incredible defensiveness.
Firestorm wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 3:53 pm
The first game included for free? Please. Expansion pack? Yeah, ok :rolleyes:
Please refer to the recent thread on the L4D1 sale, were other RFD members stated things like L4D2 would be a budget title, and/or would include the first game. Also refer to my post where I said no way would that happen.

Not that I wouldn't want it to, though. In fact it might have enticed me to buy the second game. I'll say again, Valve's free to charge what they want, but I don't think they're bringing enough to the table.

My friends and I enjoyed the crap out of L4D1 on Xbox, but none of them intend on buying the second one for PC, let alone for 360 - so I don't see myself getting in on a 4-pack.

I can wait until a 50% off sale or some deal on the console version.
Rock it.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7392 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
chdude3 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 4:00 pm
LOL nice one there, chief. If I was like all the other whiny little kids here feeling I was entitled to the world, then I'd just say something about stealing the game. I guess I don't understand your incredible defensiveness.

Please refer to the recent thread on the L4D1 sale, were other RFD members stated things like L4D2 would be a budget title, and/or would include the first game. Also refer to my post where I said no way would that happen.

Not that I wouldn't want it to, though. In fact it might have enticed me to buy the second game. I'll say again, Valve's free to charge what they want, but I don't think they're bringing enough to the table.

My friends and I enjoyed the crap out of L4D1 on Xbox, but none of them intend on buying the second one for PC, let alone for 360 - so I don't see myself getting in on a 4-pack.

I can wait until a 50% off sale or some deal on the console version.
And you're free to wait. Just don't crap on a deal that offers the same game (with free additional content that you're going to be paying for), for the same price that you're waiting for, due to nonsensical reasons.
Jan 22, 2009
173 posts
7 upvotes
quit ur whining, admit these guys are good at marketing.

any semi-serious l4d players such as I would whine and whine about how the price is high, and blah blah blah, but in the end, guess what?.. we're still buying it! those of you who dont like the price, dont buy it, wait. They know you can. Buy it later, they'll just make your money later. Think they didnt think that'd happen? JEEEZ but for those of you buying it :) say hi to me if u see me anddd... dont rage when I beat you ... ... ... seriously =P
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2006
3392 posts
35 upvotes
Milton
4pack deal is ok I guess, if you can find 3 others.

Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2007
4686 posts
1489 upvotes
Scarborough
I know I'm buying it. :lol: Just gotta find one more friend who wants in for the four pack.
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19185 posts
4263 upvotes
Thornhill
I got 3 others, definitely gonna pick up the 4 pack. Might as well even if CoD comes out around the same time...
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2008
7157 posts
1245 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Well if any of you guys are interested I could help out with the 4 pack. I was looking to pick this up. My Steam ID is the same as my name here.
Mar 10, 2002
426 posts
27 upvotes
evanx wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 4:06 pm
4pack deal is ok I guess, if you can find 3 others.
Try setting up a group buy on the PC & Video Games subforum like Firestorm mentioned. :) I got a group buy together really quickly last year, with the L4D1 4-pack. It actually ended up being a 5-pack because of an error on Valve's end, and they gave people one extra copy.

Probably no chance of an error this time around, but you never know. ;)

Edit: There's already at least one group buy on the PC & Video Games subforum.