Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Steam: 10% off Left 4 Dead 2 Pre-Orders ($44.99 for 1, $134.99 for 4-Pack)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2009 9:00 am
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4150 posts
519 upvotes
i'll wait for xmas/early 2010

i think some people are missing the point
Valve usually doesn't release sequels for their games unless there's a new engine (Episode 1 and 2 of HL2 doesnt count as sequels).

This usually means a few years interval before a sequel. many valve fans feel betrayed by L4D but I guess valve gotta do what it's gotta do in these economical climates
Russell wrote:
Sep 10th, 2011 12:29 pm
We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
twitchyzero wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 4:44 pm
i'll wait for xmas/early 2010

Valve usually doesn't release sequels for their games unless there's a new engine (Episode 1 and 2 of HL2 doesnt count as sequels).

This usually means a few years interval before a sequel. many valve fans feel betrayed by L4D but I guess valve gotta do what it's gotta do in these economical climates
Actually, they said the reasons are that although Source is meant to be modular, the changes they made to the AI Director and some other parts of Left 4 Dead 2 just wouldn't fit into Left 4 Dead. It might be that or the fact that it's a lot harder to do this type of content update on the 360 version which, unlike The Orange Box, sold very well.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1090 posts
363 upvotes
Firestorm wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 5:01 pm
Actually, they said the reasons are that although Source is meant to be modular, the changes they made to the AI Director and some other parts of Left 4 Dead 2 just wouldn't fit into Left 4 Dead. It might be that or the fact that it's a lot harder to do this type of content update on the 360 version which, unlike The Orange Box, sold very well.
Actually, Valve said the L4D team wanted to make another L4D game because they had a bunch of ideas they couldn't get into the original L4D, and wanted to tweak the game to stop the "not fun but necessary" tactics people were using in L4D (ex. corner camping).

And FWI, the Orange Box has sold more copies than L4D.
Mar 10, 2002
426 posts
27 upvotes
twitchyzero wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 4:44 pm

I get that, and don't necessarily disagree with it, but I think that ~$36.50 CAD at launch is pretty fair.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
TheHeeyyy wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 5:17 pm
Actually, Valve said the L4D team wanted to make another L4D game because they had a bunch of ideas they couldn't get into the original L4D, and wanted to tweak the game to stop the "not fun but necessary" tactics people were using in L4D (ex. corner camping).

I meant on 360. Orange Box didn't sell too hot on that but Left 4 Dead did very, very well. Valve did also cite the fact that they couldn't make the changes they wanted by sticking with Left 4 Dead so that's why I used that. I think it's both reasons.
Mar 6, 2003
630 posts
20 upvotes
There is no difference EB is just being tards like usual.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2327 posts
203 upvotes
Waterloo
i have 3 people, might need a 4th though not sure yet
Mar 17, 2005
790 posts
10 upvotes
Base on how they screw original L4D players, I will not support them again.

The original L4D was fun but it wasn't even completed when they announced L4D2. I bought the game and finished it in few hours, played some vs games (only 2 maps during that time). Then I was like "wtf with only 4 bosses, is that all?". No, I believed in valve won't screw their fans like that and they promised that wasn't it, so I waited and waited for more content, and waited more. After few months of waiting while playing the same maps and boss for 20 more times (bored like hell), valve then announced L4D2 is coming.

There was absolutely no depth in the game, no learning curves, only 4 unique bosses for the whole game, no additional guns, no reps for performance, and etc...

I mean it's a fun idea to co-op, but at least do more than this. I would say L4D2 should be sold as an upgrade for L4D players for $10 and $45 for new players.
Mar 17, 2005
790 posts
10 upvotes
TheHeeyyy wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 5:17 pm

If they have a bunch of idea that couldn't put into L4D when they were supposed to by design, then they need to fix it instead of charging L4D players double the price. The original L4D wasn't even a complete game when launch, and I still think it's not.
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1981 posts
205 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
Firestorm is a hardcore gamer who frequents NeoGaf, he is sick of hearing people whining about boycotting and not supporting the sequel, excuse his replies. I am too, But at the same time Firestorm l4d1 as much as I love l4d1.. one year later and we got a full blown price upgrade? this is like EA sports ********.

I am still buying it though lol I know Valve will redeem themselves with content for free, I just feel sorry for the xbox 360 user lol

I just wish they would pay some attention to HALF LIFE 3 ALREADY! hopefully this is a wrap on l4d series
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4811 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
yatta wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 8:48 pm
Firestorm is a hardcore gamer who frequents NeoGaf
And the rest of us aren't? Dude I'm totally with you - one year later and a full price sequel? Forget it. I really liked L4D1 but I can't justify this. I'll wait for the price to drop, and in the meantime I'll try to get through some of my backlog of games as well as upcoming releases like Borderlands and Dragon Age - both of which are going to kick ass (and be well worth the price of admission).

~$36CAD isn't bad, but I'd prefer to get it on 360 since that's where the majority of my gaming is done these days - significantly in part because most of my friends are the same way so that's where my crew is. Can't bring myself to play with random 'tardz on PC, it would just outright ruin the game for me.
Rock it.
Feb 11, 2007
205 posts
15 upvotes
You are right, L4D is so incomplete that I think L4D2 should be given to people with L4D1 for free. Not paying for an incomplete game.

Btw the L4D community is so much smaller than when it first started.
chdude3 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 9:31 pm
And the rest of us aren't? Dude I'm totally with you - one year later and a full price sequel? Forget it. I really liked L4D1 but I can't justify this. I'll wait for the price to drop, and in the meantime I'll try to get through some of my backlog of games as well as upcoming releases like Borderlands and Dragon Age - both of which are going to kick ass (and be well worth the price of admission).

~$36CAD isn't bad, but I'd prefer to get it on 360 since that's where the majority of my gaming is done these days - significantly in part because most of my friends are the same way so that's where my crew is. Can't bring myself to play with random 'tardz on PC, it would just outright ruin the game for me.
Mar 25, 2008
854 posts
2 upvotes
megawhatever wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 9:42 pm
You are right, L4D is so incomplete that I think L4D2 should be given to people with L4D1 for free. Not paying for an incomplete game.

Btw the L4D community is so much smaller than when it first started.
Don't believe a bunch of crap that L4d team thought it needs a sequel to pour their "ultra creative" idea for sake of players.........................

Thought it would have update for maps sooner or later, that was sole reason I got myself l4d1.

Do you really believe game development can happen in 1 year? Don't be silly, all planning is done 2-3 year before the game is out,so l4d2 is part of their plan long time ago

They basically rip something off from l4d1 and pretend to add something back to milk more money. You can say that L4d1 is just prototype LOL

Continuing support is one of pride from steam, now ..........................it turn itself become another EA, waiting for L4d 13 (Final Fantasy 25 by then)

I would buy it when it goes under 30 bucks....... ;)