Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Steam: 10% off Left 4 Dead 2 Pre-Orders ($44.99 for 1, $134.99 for 4-Pack)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2009 9:00 am
Deal Addict
Sep 28, 2006
1981 posts
202 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
chdude3 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 9:31 pm
And the rest of us aren't? Dude I'm totally with you - one year later and a full price sequel? Forget it. I really liked L4D1 but I can't justify this. I'll wait for the price to drop, and in the meantime I'll try to get through some of my backlog of games as well as upcoming releases like Borderlands and Dragon Age - both of which are going to kick ass (and be well worth the price of admission).

~$36CAD isn't bad, but I'd prefer to get it on 360 since that's where the majority of my gaming is done these days - significantly in part because most of my friends are the same way so that's where my crew is. Can't bring myself to play with random 'tardz on PC, it would just outright ruin the game for me.

lol I guess I was trying to point out if you been on GAF you have seen the tiredness of people QQing about L4D2

L4D2 is basically what L4D should of been! L4D is a Beta..
Can't wait for L4D 2 though lol I will let Valve rape my bumcakes this time though, because I do get great Value from Tf2 etc
I will miss Zoey and Louis though :(

I hope theyreally do something cool like letting you choose from 8 characters (original cast) in the "sequel" that would be good! I am with all of you who are not ready to leave the original Cast. sigh that being said there are some good mods out there for L4D1 check them out :D
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
gameboy115 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 11:54 pm
Don't believe a bunch of crap that L4d team thought it needs a sequel to pour their "ultra creative" idea for sake of players.........................

Thought it would have update for maps sooner or later, that was sole reason I got myself l4d1.

Do you really believe game development can happen in 1 year? Don't be silly, all planning is done 2-3 year before the game is out,so l4d2 is part of their plan long time ago

They basically rip something off from l4d1 and pretend to add something back to milk more money. You can say that L4d1 is just prototype LOL

Continuing support is one of pride from steam, now ..........................it turn itself become another EA, waiting for L4d 13 (Final Fantasy 25 by then)

I would buy it when it goes under 30 bucks....... ;)
Seriously? 1 sequel a year later and we're pulling this out? Wow! Or is it based on their intense milking of sequel after sequel for their other games like Half-Life, Counter Strike, Team Fortress, Day of Defeat, etc?
yatta wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 12:02 am
lol I guess I was trying to point out if you been on GAF you have seen the tiredness of people QQing about L4D2

L4D2 is basically what L4D should of been! L4D is a Beta..
Can't wait for L4D 2 though lol I will let Valve rape my bumcakes this time though, because I do get great Value from Tf2 etc
I will miss Zoey and Louis though :(

I hope theyreally do something cool like letting you choose from 8 characters (original cast) in the "sequel" that would be good! I am with all of you who are not ready to leave the original Cast. sigh that being said there are some good mods out there for L4D1 check them out :D
Yeah I don't like the new characters :( And yes, I'm just tired of people crying and whining about L4D2 vs L4D1. This is a deals thread. Stop shitting it up with your gripes.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2007
2327 posts
203 upvotes
Waterloo
i don't get why so many people have issues with L4D2.
I mean a lame Halo 3 2 (ODST) comes out and everyone jumps all over it.
DLC is released for a favorite game BEFORE the actual game comes out, and people buy a ton of it.
I have put in hundreds of hours into L4D it was well worth my money.
valve comes out with great product after great product with amazing support, and valve maybe sort of screwed up L4D1 (some versus maps missing -- which now it has, etc). I am willing to forgive them considering how many hundreds of hours I put into TF2 which I bought in the Orange Pack and played the hell out of and they still release updates for it.

And thats another thing, valve constantly releases high quality games for cheaper than any other company. Valve also had the 4 pack thing for L4D1 when it first came out, very similar to this deal. So it was about $40. Now this is out, and with 4 pack is, $34..... $34+40 = $74 .
Brand new generic PS3/Xbox 360 game on release: $70......
Look at that, almost exact same price! (Yes I realize L4D is in USD, however don't have to pay tax, so basically evens it out)
So I got basically 2 L4D games, for the same price as 1 new xbox 360 game.
Zero complaints.
Jun 25, 2008
31 posts
Richmond, BC
I don't like the characters in L4D2.. It lacks Zoey.. Now what am I going to hit with my health pack :|
Deal Addict
Sep 11, 2007
1083 posts
187 upvotes
Waterloo
chdude3 wrote:
Oct 2nd, 2009 3:46 pm
You're the only one I hear actually crying here, son.

I'm speaking with my wallet. I don't feel what they're releasing justifies full price - so I won't buy it. You're free to do something in the same vein; if you feel it's worth it, then by all means give them your money.

A hot deal would be more than $5 off (unless MSRP was only $29.99), or bundling both games together for a REASONABLE price.

Amp, you're right about ODST though. I did the campaign in about 7 hours, and Firefight had no matchmaking (and only 4 player). I enjoyed the campaign enough, but no way was it worth $69.99. I guess if you're a Halo 3 multiplayer fanatic and didn't have any of the extra maps (which seems pretty discongruous itself) there'd be value in the multiplayer - but I didn't enjoy the multi at all, so it went back as a Gaming Guarantee.

So Valve isn't as bad as Bungie, but that ain't saying much.
Amen brotha. I bought L4D when it came out. Not doing it for this price with the sequel. Its the same game with some perks. No thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
Blitzo wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 4:09 am
Amen brotha. I bought L4D when it came out. Not doing it for this price with the sequel. Its the same game with some perks. No thanks.
Same game with some perks? Do you just not buy sequels? o.o
Mar 17, 2005
790 posts
10 upvotes
Ok, who agrees L4D should have include all these "upgrades" right from the beginning? I mean, look at the weapons from L4D, you get a sniper, AK, shotgun and a handgun, not even a knife, fgs.

If we still support valve for this kinda thing, what's going to happen next? L4D3 in Jan 2010 with additional features such as cross platform or able to hold 2 more bullets in AK, because they couldn't do that in L4D2.

That's how EA got started, because people still keep buying EA sport every year doing the same thing with barely improvements.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2009
1007 posts
102 upvotes
ottawa
my freind and i bought l4d1 at launch and we easily put over +100 hours into it, i already pre'd for both of us. is l4d2 going to have new maps? or are the maps from l4d1 going to importable into #2

i for one had tons of fun with l4d and the price isnt too bad for the 360 ver, i did two really cheap trade3's for the pre's anyway so i got them for like 30ish each so i cant complain.
A flash of confidence and brilliance is quickly lost in a pool of blood.
Jan 12, 2008
905 posts
187 upvotes
Vancouver
baconape wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 8:30 am
my freind and i bought l4d1 at launch and we easily put over +100 hours into it, i already pre'd for both of us. is l4d2 going to have new maps? or are the maps from l4d1 going to importable into #2

i for one had tons of fun with l4d and the price isnt too bad for the 360 ver, i did two really cheap trade3's for the pre's anyway so i got them for like 30ish each so i cant complain.
I do understand what some people are saying about not paying for the upgrade; everyone has different budget constraints. But when the 1st version came out, i played 100 hrs per week!! for about 2-3 weeks. Its definitely a great game if you are in a gaming community and play with people you know and people you know are working as a team. Playing with a bunch of randoms is not nearly as fun.

I have stopped gaming altogether now, but i would not likely buy it if i were. Or at least until my friends pressures me to buy it.
Aug 27, 2008
575 posts
107 upvotes
montreal
The first L4D wasn't worth 50 bucks I paid for it. I wouldn't pick this **** up for 20, valve has dropped way down in my books.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
baconape wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 8:30 am

Left 4 Dead 2 is a completely new game so yes, all new maps. The old maps probably won't be importable at the beginning, but this is PC so either modders will get them working or Valve will re-balance and re-release them for free like they did for many maps in Team Fortress 2.

If you're on 360 don't expect the old maps.
Mar 25, 2008
854 posts
2 upvotes
thefeebster wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 1:37 pm
I do understand what some people are saying about not paying for the upgrade; everyone has different budget constraints. But when the 1st version came out, i played 100 hrs per week!! for about 2-3 weeks. Its definitely a great game if you are in a gaming community and play with people you know and people you know are working as a team. Playing with a bunch of randoms is not nearly as fun.

I have stopped gaming altogether now, but i would not likely buy it if i were. Or at least until my friends pressures me to buy it.
Agree, playing with some stranger sometimes is a terrible experience.

Those noobs don't even listen to other people advice and inflict total failure for whole team.....considering a game takes 1 hr or so, your effort can easily ruined by some random dude who like to pounce right after he spawn, get 1 damage each time or boomer pre spawn like 10 miles away from survivor, basically waiting for being killed
Dec 2, 2007
618 posts
6 upvotes
44.99 for an addon? I'll pass until publishers[including Activision] learn from their mistakes...