Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Steam: 10% off Left 4 Dead 2 Pre-Orders ($44.99 for 1, $134.99 for 4-Pack)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 9th, 2009 9:00 am
Nov 25, 2007
115 posts
3 upvotes
Thanks. Pre ordered for myself and a friend. I'd much rather spend my money on a good sequel than a brand new piece of crap. Same reason I was willing to spend the money on ODST. Sure, same engine and with content/features added over top, but it's still a great game, which is more than you can say about a lot of other games out there, and people still spend money on those.
Dec 22, 2006
748 posts
13 upvotes
lol wow what's with the hatred towards L4D2?

Relax, it's just another game like the billion other games with a second release. Hell, I also feel we L4D1'ers deserve this for free but it's not so deal with it and cry about it somewhere else.

The way I see it, for less than $40 if I grab the 4 pack with a few buddies, I can stay home ONE night on the weekend and I'll be saving money. If I don't get bored of it in a month, that's a bonus! :D

Need a change from grinding MMO's sometimes lol
Mar 17, 2005
790 posts
10 upvotes
gucci17 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2009 4:40 pm
lol wow what's with the hatred towards L4D2?

Relax, it's just another game like the billion other games with a second release. Hell, I also feel we L4D1'ers deserve this for free but it's not so deal with it and cry about it somewhere else.

The way I see it, for less than $40 if I grab the 4 pack with a few buddies, I can stay home ONE night on the weekend and I'll be saving money. If I don't get bored of it in a month, that's a bonus! :D

Need a change from grinding MMO's sometimes lol
Honestly, I want to get this "upgrade", but felt cheated and milked if I pay more than $15, and I think I shouldn't support this type of business practice, or else there will be L4D3 announce in Dec 09.

I just installed L4D again yesterday.
Aug 20, 2007
124 posts
9 upvotes
Psychos1z wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 3:48 am
I don't like the characters in L4D2.. It lacks Zoey.. Now what am I going to hit with my health pack :|
Hah, virgins.
Firestorm wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2009 4:20 am
Same game with some perks? Do you just not buy sequels? o.o
Firestorm, please... just stop. :( Seriously you're a sheep in a den of wolves, no matter how much you try to rationalize that $49.99 is actually pretty cheap (piece of **** console games go for Godamned $69.99) for a game this generation, and also all the new features "realistic" mode and the scavenge mode etc.

Hey RFD; ODST sold for FULL ****ING PRICE. Where the crusades? Or even, where were you guys for Gears of War 2, wasn't that more or less the same with different graphics? Or hell, how about EVERY GODAMNED SPORTS GAME?!

If you guys hate sequels then stop buying like 80% of all games, since they're all just the same basic deal with a few more features, different story and nothing too huge to justify its full price.

Wanna know the worst part is though? "Super" Street Fighter 4 is ACTUALLY a game where they added like 4 characters. Some basic modes and THAT IS IT. Selling for like $40-$50 a pop though because Capcom said "it's too different for DLC". On the far side Valve's been spoiling its customer base to the point where they expect EVERYTHING to be free.

Yet no ******** bandwagon or bitching.
pokemon trainer card FAIL i cant upload pics for sig :(
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4811 posts
145 upvotes
GTA
Melona wrote:
Oct 9th, 2009 6:41 am
Hey RFD; ODST sold for FULL ****ING PRICE. Where the crusades?
Yup. But I was able to take about $30 of existing BBV credit, Trade 3 for ODST, complete the campaign within a week, then return it for $70 of EB credit. Show me that L4D2 will make me money and I'd be a lot more interested.

There also weren't many other games out that I was interested in when ODST dropped. When L4D2 hits, I'll be knee deep in Borderlands with Dragon Age lined right up behind it (not to mention my current games backlog).

The platform of choice for my friends is Xbox 360, so in general that's where we buy our games. These special prices don't apply to the 360 version, and look at how the latest DLC actually cost money on 360 (whether that is MS or Valve's fault, I don't care).

So quit blanketing everyone who's not getting the game with your labels. You want it? I completely understand that. It looks fun. I'll probably get it at some point. But I've had my fill of the basic gameplay for now, other games are coming that I want more, so I can wait for a price drop or deal or something similar.
Rock it.