Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Freebies

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

Steam: Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Free Weekend Coming, Pre-load Now! starts june 2nd

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2011 4:41 pm
Jan 21, 2006
637 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto

[STEAM] Steam: Call of Duty®: Black Ops - Free Weekend Coming, Pre-load Now! starts june 2nd

More offers from STEAM
Activision will be hosting a Free Weekend for Call of Duty®: Black Ops! Pre-load the game now and be ready to play when the free weekend starts on Thursday, June 2nd at 10am Pacific Time.Click here to start pre-loading, or visit www.steamgames.com/about to install Steam.The Free Weekend of Call of Duty®: Black Ops will let you play the entire multiplayer portion of the base game....

Source: Steam

http://store.steampowered.com/news/5596/
13 replies
Oct 19, 2009
521 posts
529 upvotes
toronto
WhAt? so you have to pay in order to COD online?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
eforblue wrote: WhAt? so you have to pay in order to COD online?

you have to pay for the actual game, steam allows free trials like this
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2004
4952 posts
1086 upvotes
meh, battlefield bad company 2 is way better online multiplayer.

but ty for heads up op!
"I live my life a quarter-mile at a time, for those 10 seconds or less... i'm free."
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
3884 posts
1078 upvotes
Hamilton
blackops destroys BC2

already have BO, (both games actually) but will forward this to a few friends.

thansk.
Deal Fanatic
May 26, 2009
6024 posts
2116 upvotes
Toronto
With all these Black Ops deals, I feel as if Treyarch is going, "Hey guys, we know MW3 was just revealed, but come on, we're still relevant... Black Ops is still relevant... come and see!"

- Free Steam Weekend
- PS3 Bundle
- New Black Ops SKU w/ First Strike

I guess they really, really want to stay relevant.
Dec 15, 2007
308 posts
6 upvotes
Orillia
bluetroll wrote: meh, battlefield bad company 2 is way better online multiplayer.

but ty for heads up op!

AGREED. COD Multiplayer = Laugh into your headsets with friends (which is quite fun). BC2 Multiplayer = Awesome squad based strategy (crazy intense firefights and vehicles). BATTLEFIELD 3 FTW!
Jan 21, 2006
637 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto
Personally, I like MW2 better then both BF2 and BLOPS but this is a freebie so its not like your dishing out any money. Anyways, I thought I would share it so those that haven't taken the plunge can test it out for themselves. I haven't tried it on my new pc so I'm curious to see how it performs on my new lappy. :) Happy fragging kiddies!!!
Deal Addict
May 12, 2010
1222 posts
526 upvotes
Whitby
adblink182 wrote: blackops destroys BC2

already have BO, (both games actually) but will forward this to a few friends.

thansk.

this = false
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
154 upvotes
It's funny how most of the people who trash blackops probably are horrible at it and have slow reflexes to keep up with it :lol: I play both Black Ops and BF2 and pretty good at both (2+ K/D) and they are really two different games.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
154 upvotes
I have a question about the intallation.. is this the full copy of the game without DLC for trial? If I choose to purchase this afterwards would I be able to "unlock" the full version without having to redownload the full copy?

I don't want to waste bandwidth if I purchase it afterwards.. might want to own blackops on PC with the mod tools coming out..
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
1397 posts
436 upvotes
Toronto
They're both good. BC2 is good if you have some time to sit down and play, since a match can last quite a while, while CoD in general is great for a few quickies (haha).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)