[STEAM] Dead Island GOTY $4.99 with Riptide $7.49

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
Expiry:
July 28, 2014
More offers from STEAM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/91310/

Dead Island GOTY on sale on Steam for $4.99 - you can get Riptide along with Dead Island GOTY for $7.49.

Had purchased Riptide a few months back without ever getting Dead Island. I really like Riptide so I think I will grab the first one... both for $7.49 seems like a steal.

4 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
610 upvotes
Nova Scotia
It's tempting me, weekend deal so no rush.

Franchise pack seems to be missing a DLC from the GOTY of the first game though? (bloodbath arena)

Never did finish the first game, got a bit too repetitive, still a decent enough game. Never really paid any attention to riptide, is it any better?
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
2832 posts
86 upvotes
Riptide is alright. You don't start at Level 1, so that let the game picks up pace much sooner.

The game itself is an improved Dead Island. One thing that is new is that you can now equip NPC with weapons, so they can fight with you in siege battles. Not commenting on the new character since I haven't tried him but the old casts are fine (two of them I consider OP). You can farm mini-bosses in end games for crafting materials.

Don't pay more than $5 for it.
Deal Addict
May 25, 2009
4453 posts
258 upvotes
torseller07 wrote: Riptide is alright. You don't start at Level 1, so that let the game picks up pace much sooner.

The game itself is an improved Dead Island. One thing that is new is that you can now equip NPC with weapons, so they can fight with you in siege battles. Not commenting on the new character since I haven't tried him but the old casts are fine (two of them I consider OP). You can farm mini-bosses in end games for crafting materials.

Don't pay more than $5 for it.
Riptide is pretty much the same as Dead Island but smaller

I liked how large the first beach area of Dead island was especially the area by the docks

[OP]
Jul 5, 2011
150 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
x2plyx wrote: It's tempting me, weekend deal so no rush.

Franchise pack seems to be missing a DLC from the GOTY of the first game though? (bloodbath arena)
It does seem to indicate bloodbath is not included - that's bizarre.
torseller07 wrote: Not commenting on the new character since I haven't tried him but the old casts are fine (two of them I consider OP). You can farm mini-bosses in end games for crafting materials.
Who is OP? I am playing the Asian gal with bladed weapons - seems pretty good. I jump around hacking off limbs which is kinda fun lol.