Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

Free - Amnesia: Collection (PC - Steam)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 13th, 2018 3:09 am
17 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 7, 2007
5145 posts
21531 upvotes
Toronto

Add Amnesia Collection to your account permanently and play for FREE starting now for a limited time! The Amnesia Collection includes both Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Once you click "Install Game" both games will remain in your account after the free period, so don't miss out on this opportunity to play these two dark survival horror games.
Images
  • Screenshot_20180308-163600.jpg
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2007
2301 posts
862 upvotes
Toronto
MTommy wrote: Image

Add Amnesia Collection to your account permanently and play for FREE starting now for a limited time! The Amnesia Collection includes both Amnesia: The Dark Descent and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs. Once you click "Install Game" both games will remain in your account after the free period, so don't miss out on this opportunity to play these two dark survival horror games.
Thanks MTommy! I got the deal. :)
Apr 22, 2014
873 posts
482 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Hmm I already have the first game and I cant add the second for free :(
Nov 13, 2016
457 posts
652 upvotes
Ontario
Werent they free before on Humble bundle . ? thanks for the post anyway.
Still being robbed by Canada's Telecos.
Looking forward to dotmobile.
Deal Expert
Nov 19, 2005
16186 posts
790 upvotes
RedFlagDeals!
Thanks can't go wrong with free games!
Money, Religion, Sex and Politics is what it is all about!
99% Tryhard I've got hardwood flooring downstairs...if you know what I am talking about
Mar 30, 2016
70 posts
16 upvotes
I might already have this, but I can't remember.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
how do you buy it?? i added both to cart it $40.. am i missing somthing?
Apr 22, 2017
223 posts
189 upvotes
Manitoba
Thanks OP -- I like free!
meatwagon wrote: how do you buy it?? i added both to cart it $40.. am i missing somthing?
I just clicked on each part of the package and then the second 'buy' option indicating it was part of a pack, said 'play game'
(If my memory serves correctly)
┻━┻︵ \(°□°)/ ︵ ┻━┻
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3872 posts
2505 upvotes
meatwagon wrote: how do you buy it?? i added both to cart it $40.. am i missing somthing?
Play Amnesia: The Dark Descent
The Amnesia Collection is free for a limited time! Click "Install Game" to permanently add it to your library.
Look for this text should be below the one with price.
Jul 29, 2017
249 posts
84 upvotes
What does the publisher get from giving these games out for free?
They don't have any DLC or microtransactions as far as I know.
Oct 27, 2016
81 posts
98 upvotes
Hitnake wrote: What does the publisher get from giving these games out for free?
They don't have any DLC or microtransactions as far as I know.
These games are rather old now, so revenue wise, they most likely make very little. Giving them out for free provides them with more exposure as those that might not have been interested will now pick them up being free.

So when they release their next game and market it with "From the Makers of Amnesia" it will have more context to people.
Dec 13, 2006
722 posts
652 upvotes
Vancouver
peli33 wrote: Look for this text should be below the one with price.
maybe because steam isnt installed on my mac laptop? this is all i see, Image
Nov 17, 2012
419 posts
143 upvotes
Le Gardeur
meatwagon wrote: maybe because steam isnt installed on my mac laptop? this is all i see, Image
I'm not able to get it either and when I get the amnesia collection into cart it says 38.69$
Nov 17, 2012
419 posts
143 upvotes
Le Gardeur
It looks like that if you click on each game part of the collection then you can click on install, looks like there's no way to simply add it to games library without having the steam client installed on the computer you're doing this from...

"The Amnesia Collection is free for a limited time! Click "Install Game" to permanently add it to your library."
Dec 19, 2006
517 posts
465 upvotes
Cenetry wrote: These games are rather old now, so revenue wise, they most likely make very little. Giving them out for free provides them with more exposure as those that might not have been interested will now pick them up being free.

So when they release their next game and market it with "From the Makers of Amnesia" it will have more context to people.
Well this and they do make money off of trading card sales. Free game equals a massive spike in trading cards. Also, occasionally Valve subsidizes free games to draw players to their platform (or more importantly, away from other platforms).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)