Expired Hot Deals

[STEAM] Steam: The Last Remnant - $9.99 (75% off)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2009 7:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver

[STEAM] Steam: The Last Remnant - $9.99 (75% off)

More offers from STEAM
http://store.steampowered.com/app/23310/

Supposed to be a pretty good RPG on PC. Fixes all the problems the 360 version had if you use an nVidia card. Maybe look up if it still has issues on ATI cards. I know it used to run on Xbox 360 levels of bad a launch...
24 replies
Feb 13, 2007
231 posts
45 upvotes
Vancouver
Firestorm wrote:
Dec 15th, 2009 2:46 pm

I know it used to run on Xbox 360 levels of bad at launch...
Ohhhh snap, shots fired. :razz:
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1090 posts
363 upvotes
I played the demo a few times and enjoyed-it, but it didn't quite feel worth getting at launch price ($40 US on Steam, $50 Canadian). Very tempted to get-it at this price, since JRPG releases on the PC are extremely rare now.

*prays Final Fantasy 13 gets a PC release*
Deal Guru
Oct 30, 2006
13883 posts
2730 upvotes
Remember trying the demo and it didn't seem particularly optimized. Too many games to play anyway.
TripleQ wrote:I read Click magazine for the articles!
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2216 posts
997 upvotes
Scarborough
Yeah, this game is soooo good it was cancelled on PS3
Jan 7, 2007
350 posts
12 upvotes
I'm going to pick it up its only $10 and I have a nvidia card =)
Thanks for the post.
Dec 26, 2007
984 posts
175 upvotes
I actually got this game as a gift and was skeptical at first. I'm an old school RPG fan such as the Final Fantasy Series before version XI.

There are some problems with the graphics - but you can tweak your settings to reduce the issue so it's barely noticeable. However, the graphics nonetheless are extremely good - some of the background scenery is impressive on large screen televisions.

Gameplay wise - the biggest frustration is how you level up. For instance, in older RPG's - you level up before a boss so you can beat him. The Last Remnant is wierd that in the stronger your characters get, the stronger the bosses get.

Story line is pretty good - I wouldn't say as good as some of the Final Fantasy series, but at the same time, not that bad either.

If you play the game through and do all the side quests and objectives, you can easily get 80hours worth of play and they have downloads for more side-quests.
Nov 24, 2003
439 posts
87 upvotes
I played this game on xbox360 and I enjoyed it. Most of the problems are fixed by installing it to the xbox360 hard drive.

The PC version doesn't limit the number of generals you can use which is pretty cool.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
4181 posts
1 upvote
The game isn't bad. I enjoyed playing it on the PC (never tried the 360 version) where I didn't notice any issues even on an ATi card (except for the texture pop-in plaguing all Unreal engine games). The gameplay is unique in that it's a mix of traditional turn-based combat but also incorporates massive group battles which made things more interesting. It also works natively with the 360 controller if you have one to use on your PC. Great deal for $10.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
MoFuzz wrote:
Dec 15th, 2009 3:09 pm
Ohhhh snap, shots fired. :razz:
Nah, apparently the 360 version is absolutely horrid technically unless you install to HDD which makes it bearable. It is mostly because it uses the Unreal English which has really bad (or non-existent) documentation in Japanese.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1090 posts
363 upvotes
Firestorm wrote:
Dec 15th, 2009 4:16 pm
Nah, apparently the 360 version is absolutely horrid technically unless you install to HDD which makes it bearable. It is mostly because it uses the Unreal English which has really bad (or non-existent) documentation in Japanese.
They probably would've had an easier time if they used the Unreal Japanese :D .
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 24, 2006
7389 posts
489 upvotes
Vancouver
Not a good day for me. When I typed "good" last time, I spelled it "google". That was odd.
Dec 27, 2003
768 posts
40 upvotes
I loved this game on the 360. Pretty good soundtrack, nicely integrated sidequests, some strategy involved in the battle system (albeit unforgiving at times), and some fights were definitely hard.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2221 posts
445 upvotes
Well... even if it turns out to be a mediocre game, $10 ain't half bad. I'm an unabashed Squeenix fanboy, so why not. Thanks op.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1601 posts
97 upvotes
Vancouver
Read the battle system is quite different from any FF game.
I have not played any old traditional RPG since FF7 and for $10, lets hope it to be good.