Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[Steam] ORION: Dino Horde $0.99

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 27th, 2014 10:26 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto

[Steam] ORION: Dino Horde $0.99

Pretty good deal for a fun game. http://store.steampowered.com/app/104900/
It's also free to play for this week on steam; try and buy. I played it for a couple hours so far and its good fun to be had with friends. Reminds me a lot of Halo, which has been missing on PC since a decade.
24 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
x2plyx wrote: Contest for a Xbox 360 bundle too if you buy the game, requirements = buy+tweet+facebook+email. I utterly hate how forced social media is sometimes lol..

http://steamcommunity.com/games/104900/ ... 3939444874
Good free advertising for companies though lol, besides this game was bashed with reviews in the past so they need the advertising, its actually been patched so much and has tons of new content.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
25986 posts
10378 upvotes
Also have a contest from the game creator of this on Steam but why a console prize on a site dedicated to PC games I don't know....
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
DougO wrote: Also have a contest from the game creator of this on Steam but why a console prize on a site dedicated to PC games I don't know....
Halo was one of their biggest inspirations to make this game, so the bundle is based around Halo, trust me if you play this game it feels exactly like Halo.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
So how do I download it for the free weekend? I can only see options to purchase it when on the game page.

Not that .99 is too much, but I'm just looking for controller enabled games for now and it does say "partial" controller support so want to test it first.

It does look pretty fun though (watch the first vid on steam), halo+turok and fighting a t-rex with a mech? Kind of hard not to like the sound of that. Everyone's pretty adamant about pointing how how misleading the metacritic score is too.
I'm not on the can right now, I swear
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
x2plyx wrote: So how do I download it for the free weekend? I can only see options to purchase it when on the game page.

Not that .99 is too much, but I'm just looking for controller enabled games for now and it does say "partial" controller support so want to test it first.

It does look pretty fun though (watch the first vid on steam), halo+turok and fighting a t-rex with a mech? Kind of hard not to like the sound of that. Everyone's pretty adamant about pointing how how misleading the metacritic score is too.
Go to your steam games library and it will be in there indicating that there is x amount of days left. Download and play from there and buy it after if you like it and want to support the devs.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5437 posts
4855 upvotes
Toronto
I tried this game a while back, it was sort of fun but insanely buggy and not many people were playing it.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
zobi123 wrote: Go to your steam games library and it will be in there indicating that there is x amount of days left. Download and play from there and buy it after if you like it and want to support the devs.
Oh lol, derp. Thx :)
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2007
1650 posts
578 upvotes
Toronto
zobi123 wrote: Right now it has a lot of players: http://steamcharts.com/app/104900
I wonder if this game only matches local players like Borderlands 2. I always see only couple players playing on match browser of BL2 when Steam says there are 10000+ people playing because its multiplayer mode only matches local players with low ping. If this is the case, then you won't find many players online for an unpopular game like this.
Feb 11, 2014
126 posts
61 upvotes
Eh got everything done. Hope I win something. I already owned the game but decided to buy a second copy in case I can ever allow my son to play these sort of games with me again or maybe I will give it away on a live stream if I ever do that again or whatever. Actually I wonder if it is possible for a 13 year old to win this contest? I don't see any age restriction listed in the information provided by the guys holding the contest. I wonder can my son enter the contest?
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
gyong3 wrote: I wonder if this game only matches local players like Borderlands 2. I always see only couple players playing on match browser of BL2 when Steam says there are 10000+ people playing because its multiplayer mode only matches local players with low ping. If this is the case, then you won't find many players online for an unpopular game like this.
It does seem that way. I'm seeing 22 lobbies right now (and it is kinda late) with 1-5 people in each, I'd imagine player numbers drop after the free week.

Game is so-so, but for 99cents it's surprisingly epic - definitely worth that (has achievements and all that jazz too)

Controller support works great too, though I'm probably the only one concerned about that on a pc shooter lol.
Deal Addict
Jul 25, 2012
3479 posts
609 upvotes
Nova Scotia
Okay wait a minute.. this game has mirco-transactions :( on a paid game!?! That is reg.$14.99?¿? Wuuuut.

In order to create a character loadout from the main menu you need to spend real cash on purchasing guns/equipment, that is not cool.

That means the only customizing you can do in the game is during co-op modes where you go building to building to purchase/restock on things between enemy waves. These do not carry over from game to game either, each lobby you join starts you off from scratch.
Aug 1, 2013
544 posts
675 upvotes
Pain
x2plyx wrote: Okay wait a minute.. this game has mirco-transactions :( on a paid game!?! That is reg.$14.99?¿? Wuuuut.

In order to create a character loadout from the main menu you need to spend real cash on purchasing guns/equipment, that is not cool.

That means the only customizing you can do in the game is during co-op modes where you go building to building to purchase/restock on things between enemy waves. These do not carry over from game to game either, each lobby you join starts you off from scratch.
All the customization is for aesthetics and doesn't affect gameplay.
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
x2plyx wrote: It does seem that way. I'm seeing 22 lobbies right now (and it is kinda late) with 1-5 people in each, I'd imagine player numbers drop after the free week.

Game is so-so, but for 99cents it's surprisingly epic - definitely worth that (has achievements and all that jazz too)

Controller support works great too, though I'm probably the only one concerned about that on a pc shooter lol.
Maybe cause most people are too lazy to make their own server and wait for people, I know a lot of people like me who make private servers for friends only.
Man so many achievements I don't think anyone can get all those lol.
Yea I like controller support too since I'll play this on the TV. They should add full support so you can nav menus too.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
3232 posts
2876 upvotes
GTA Ontario
Bought... and a few other games that were on for great deals too... damn you OP! Er, I mean, thank you OP!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
OakAged wrote: Bought... and a few other games that were on for great deals too... damn you OP! Er, I mean, thank you OP!
Aha, no worries. Happy gaming!
Deal Addict
Apr 12, 2012
2905 posts
2578 upvotes
Toronto
Add me on steam and we could play sometimes, FireFistFenix