Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

Plants vs Zombies GOTY - $2.49 & Dear Esther - $4.99

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2012 3:58 am
Tags:
None
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2008
2210 posts
283 upvotes
BC
fexhung wrote: This week's midweek madness at Steam, ends Thursday at 4pm PST.

Plants vs Zombies GOTY (-75%) = $2.49
http://store.steampowered.com/app/3590/

Dear Esther (-50%) = $4.99
http://store.steampowered.com/app/203810/

Thanks, I was curious about Dear Esther, but I've been kind of overloaded by these "experimental" games lately. Sounds like it's basically a 2 hours long interactive movie, but at $5 it's probably worth a shot.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2005
1443 posts
376 upvotes
Calgary
I had big hopes after Alan Wake last week, I am not sure what I was hoping for but it wasn't these two :razz:
Maybe I will have to pick up PVZ though, fun game.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
champdood wrote: Thanks, I was curious about Dear Esther, but I've been kind of overloaded by these "experimental" games lately. Sounds like it's basically a 2 hours long interactive movie, but at $5 it's probably worth a shot.

I think $5 is a fair price for this game. Its very short and the only action your character can perform is walking.

On the other hand it has a really good story and the visuals are breathtaking. My wife actually sat beside me and watched me play it out, which never happens when I play other games. I think its important to know exactly what you're getting here, and like you said its really an interactive movie of sorts. I dunno if I'd even classify it as a "game".
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2004
4311 posts
443 upvotes
Thornhill / North Yo…
When I saw the word "Esther", I thought this was an NCIX thread.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Question -- I've never bought downloaded games like this. Do I pay, just download a file, and then can I copy/install on each of my 3 kids' computers? They love plants vs zombies.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2009
2345 posts
154 upvotes
They have PvZ instore @ BB for 5$ with a zombie figurine. :razz:
Nov 28, 2010
143 posts
75 upvotes
Vancouver
Bishop8 wrote: Question -- I've never bought downloaded games like this. Do I pay, just download a file, and then can I copy/install on each of my 3 kids' computers? They love plants vs zombies.

You need a Steam account to buy the game. The game will then be linked to your Steam account, and you can download and install it any computer that has the Steam desktop client installed. However, the game can only be played if you're signed in to the account you bought it with, and only one computer can be signed in to the account at once. So only one person can play the game at once, unfortunately.
Mar 27, 2011
674 posts
186 upvotes
Toronto
Tzar469 wrote: You need a Steam account to buy the game. The game will then be linked to your Steam account, and you can download and install it any computer that has the Steam desktop client installed. However, the game can only be played if you're signed in to the account you bought it with, and only one computer can be signed in to the account at once. So only one person can play the game at once, unfortunately.

You can sign in, download the game and then set steam to offline mode. Titan quest multiplayer works this way =)
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3908 posts
2123 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks guys. Seems like a bit of a PITA for what I want. I may just buy the disc version.
Dec 24, 2010
524 posts
101 upvotes
Surrey
Nice! Got PvZ... seems like a good game... and for only $2.50... no brainer. :D
Banned
May 14, 2012
12 posts
2 upvotes
CHARLESBOURG
I firstly play this game on the PC, it's very interesting, we all like it very much.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)