Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Steam Summer Sale (June 21 - July 5)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2018 1:01 pm
Oct 19, 2007
647 posts
327 upvotes
MadCanadian wrote: They removed that because they realized people would buy less because they missed it or wait till the last day when the dev most likely does a resale. More money to be made if it wasn't a rollercoaster and everyone is trying to wait for the deepest drop.
I dunno. I guess for me it's the opposite. I would make so many impulse purchases because it was a Flash sale or Daily deal. Now I barely even buy anything. I guess they have metrics tho that shows them this is the best overall for revenue.

I thought it was because of the refund system they rolled out tho.
Dec 10, 2005
194 posts
81 upvotes
kq76 wrote: I wanted to get Firewatch until I saw multiple people saying the same thing you just did above. Now some people don't say that at all and some say it's their favourite game ever, but the few walking sims I played I never really liked.

I remember Journey was so beloved so I forced myself to play it and while it was definitely pretty I never at all experienced that out-of-body experience that so many others seemed to. I tried Everybody's Gone to the Rapture and while it was kind of interesting investigating the town, I got bored and quit. Life is Strange I got bored and quit. I'm thinking the genre probably just isn't to my taste, but I'd like to find at least one that grabs my attention and never lets go. I'm thinking Oxenfree, The Stanley Parable, or the Long Dark, or Soma, or maybe Edith Finch might be the one.

It sounds like you've tried a few, which would you recommend trying first?

Firewatch's dialogue really looked good to me (and I saw some people somehow compare it to Bioshock which might be my favourite game of all-time), but if it's got that shoddy of an ending I don't think I should try it first.
I've played Edith Finch, and while I liked it, if you didn't like Life is Strange, I'd guess you'll be bored with Edith Finch too. Another in the same sort of genre I think is Bendy, I played the first episode and liked it. Pretty dark though.
Most of the tell tale games - particularly The Wolf Among Us, Borderlands, or the Walking Dead.

Bioshock is one of my favourites too. I haven't played the others you've mentioned so maybe I'll check them out.
Just in general, if you can get them cheap, I would recommend checking out Contrast, Layers of Fear, Lost Castle, 7 days to Die, and Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)