Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
STEAM

The Witcher 3 GOTY $27.99

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 21st, 2017 2:30 am
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2009
1995 posts
1588 upvotes
Quebec City
Oh and take it on PC if you have a recent GFX card. I'm running it on a 1070 and it's so beautiful. It can be choppy on consoles (I had it first on PS4).
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2009
4626 posts
1244 upvotes
Toronto
bkushner wrote: Keep analysing a 30$ purchase.
The dozens of hours you need to invest to really get anything out of this game far outweighs the monetary cost of buying it. The whole point of this forum is to discuss deals and whether they are worthwhile. Feel free to leave if that bothers you.
Mar 3, 2015
622 posts
1097 upvotes
King City
I didn't read the thread so this might be already mentioned but this game is $19.99USD in the Humble Store which comes out to be about $3 or 4 cheaper depending on exchange rates.
Oct 1, 2006
530 posts
80 upvotes
daxbob wrote: Also on sale at Humble store for 20$USD, around 25$CA.
+1
It gives you a key to redeem on gog.com (owned by CDPR themselves) in which you can download everything on the website, install anywhere you want offline, drm free.

Edit: Sorry TheSheldor, you ninja'd me +1 to you too.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
bkushner wrote: Keep analysing a 30$ purchase.
Thanks. I will take the time to ask the question of what others have felt about this game to get a sense as to whether this game is for me (or others who may have similar preconceptions of this game).

The comment doesn't come out of a heart of whether it's worth $30. My comments didn't mention price. Most everyone would agree the content is worth $80 and at $30, it's a steal.

But in a world of RFD where deals just keep coming and gamers keep adding to their backlog, it's no longer a question of money. But time... Something we all have a limited amount of.

2017 has been ridiculous in terms of games quality and quantity so one has to ask themselves, would I even have time to dive into W3 at this time... or ever? The question isn't "is this deal worth it..."...but rather "Is it worth my time and effort?"

That all being said, the many others who have commented in this forum have been nothing less than positive about their experience with the game. And though this particular game may not be right for me, the endorsement of others may be enough to get others to give it a second look. So thanks to those who've contributed to the discussion to help us all make an informed decision.
Sep 10, 2014
176 posts
164 upvotes
ON
I've wait a long time to play this game and for the price to drop.. I kind of forgot all about. And now that day is here!!!! Thanks you can't beat $27.99 all in for all the addons as well.. Just awesome.
Dec 21, 2010
229 posts
170 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
All you guys made me to buy this GREAT game!
Hope it will be a fun to play. I am the first time RPG game buyer...
Mar 7, 2011
743 posts
411 upvotes
Vernon
ive been wanting this for awhile now, was holding out for xbox but instead i just bought it for pc (thru humble/$usd)
damn u rfd lol

ty op! (and everyone else!)
RFD Aquarium forum come join us =)
Deal Addict
Apr 8, 2017
1923 posts
2111 upvotes
A Turtles Dream in O…
Man I haven't cared more about the story and characters in a game since.... 16 years? Over half my life. Back with Final Fantasy 7.

Play the Blood and Wine expansion. I was almost in tears.

Why can't more games be like this?
Can you spare some cutter, me brother?
Dec 25, 2012
212 posts
210 upvotes
Banff
Thanks OP, just bought a 1080ti ftw3 and this dell 1440p this month - looking forward to playing this :)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 28, 2006
5744 posts
5510 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP.

Would this run well on a NVIDIA Quadro M1000M with 4GB?
Dec 18, 2011
84 posts
28 upvotes
Brampton
Just read through all the posts. I'm not typically an RPG player. Just finished Horizon zero dawn and enjoyed it (combat and story mostly). i'm not typically a fan of huge open worlds, i definitely do appreciate when they look as amazing as horizon zero dawn did for instance. Not usually overly crazy about huge open worlds that are all about exploring every nook and crany and running around doing hundreds of small/tedious tasks. I also don't have a TUN of time to play video games these days (mostly weekends)... BUT you all have me looking at this game again... The reviews are outstanding. But would the game be as well received to a player that isn't typically into RPGs? I tend to like constant action/immersion and get bored otherwise if it's tedious tasks.
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2010
2627 posts
1427 upvotes
burlington, on
Can you play this game for pc with a controller or you can play only with keyboard and mouse?
Oct 7, 2015
767 posts
814 upvotes
Vanier, ON
chadw01 wrote: Thanks OP.

Would this run well on a NVIDIA Quadro M1000M with 4GB?
It is a bit hard for your video card. Maybe everything low setting .
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2008
1245 posts
338 upvotes
Montréal
I'm on the merge of adding that game to my huge xbox one backlog....Since it's the third of the series shoul I read about the others two ?
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
waven101 wrote: this or destiny 2
Both...lol.

If you were to go with one, I'd go Destiny 2 as the player base is most rampant now. The thing with destiny is that as time passes, the game evolves and earlier content becomes less relevant. You're unlikely to dive into the present content at a later point in time.

Where with W3, the game is a single player, 2 year old game and will be just as good later as it is currently.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
9850 posts
7803 upvotes
Toronto
MacRay wrote: I beat the vanilla version when it first came out and absolutely loved it. Would it be worth getting it again just to play the DLC's?
Sempiternal wrote: Absolutely, they're both good and Blood and Wine is like a whole new game. In my opinion there's still nothing quite as good on the market.
Blood and Wine is in my opinion the current bar for writing in a video game and overall quality of content in a game expansion. Other publishers would've called it The Witcher 4, charged $60 for it and no one would've complained. The writing in Blood and Wine is not only better than the vanilla game but it's the single most well written video game I've ever played period. It's also like 20-30 hours long. Hearts of Stone is excellent as well but Blood and Wine is in a league of its own.'
x8ssJoe wrote: I use my PS4 controller play games via steam all the time.
https://www.tomsguide.com/us/how-to-use ... 24039.html
not sure for Xbox controllers,
Xbox controllers are plug and play on Windows 10 and most games including TW3 have the actual Xbox button prompts in game. This game is definitely best played with a controller.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3431 posts
1079 upvotes
Should I bother trying Witcher 1 and 2 first? I heard the mechanics are clunkier in those games but I don't want to miss a ton of story and character development.