Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Steel Rims at Costco (east)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 11th, 2011 11:30 pm
Oct 3, 2008
549 posts
75 upvotes

[Costco] Steel Rims at Costco (east)

Just called Costco, and they have received their steel rims for this Winter season. I did some shopping around for these, and the winter rims from Costco appear to be the best deal by far.

I priced the following:

15 inch steel rims - $40 each
16 inch steel rims - $44 each

The closest deal I could find was $20 more per rim, so i figured this might be worth posting.

I did some searching and couldn't find anything on this, so hopefully it's not a repost.

Edit - I'm in Costco East, so I'm not sure about west.
46 replies
Jun 16, 2010
181 posts
99 upvotes
Calgary
manyapples wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 10:58 am
Just called Costco, and they have received their steel rims for this Winter season. I did some shopping around for these, and the winter rims from Costco appear to be the best deal by far.

I priced the following:

15 inch steel rims - $40 each
16 inch steel rims - $44 each

The closest deal I could find was $20 more per rim, so i figured this might be worth posting.
Which Costco would this be? I'm in the Calgary area and last year they told me they're not carrying rims anymore.
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
549 posts
75 upvotes
ignoremeatwork wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 11:00 am
Which Costco would this be? I'm in the Calgary area and last year they told me they're not carrying rims anymore.

Sorry, costco east for me. I have edited my OP
Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
Unless these are hub centric (most likely universal fit), you can get them for $30 bucks here.

Edit:

I called. They are multi fit rims.
Apr 8, 2007
288 posts
28 upvotes
I called to ask about 17" steel rims, they are $47.99 and are lug centric(universal).

Do you guys know how much 17" are at Joy city?
[OP]
Oct 3, 2008
549 posts
75 upvotes
LOOSEWHEEL wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 11:10 am
Unless these are hub centric (most likely universal fit), you can get them for $30 bucks here.

This store is in Markham, do they ship for free or something?
Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
manyapples wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 12:12 pm
This store is in Markham, do they ship for free or something?
Their # is in the link. Call them.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4023 posts
25 upvotes
What is the difference between the $30 rims versus the $40-60 hubcentric ones?
Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
henrycao8 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 12:31 pm
On a hub centric rim the hub bore diameter (the hole in the centre of the rim) is sized to fit your vehicle exactly. On a multifit rim, that 'hole' is oversized to accommodate all hub diameters. So if your hub is smaller than the hub bore, the wheel may not necessarily centre on the hub. This could lead to high speed vibration. All OEM rims are hub centric.
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2006
1487 posts
59 upvotes
Thornhill
henrycao8 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 12:31 pm

Hubcentric will fit to factory spec. It will eliminate any play between the hub and rim during mounting. Also hubcentric should not induce and virbration whereas a non-hubcentric might. Its not a huge deal but its nice to have hubcentric rims.
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
4023 posts
25 upvotes
Are the ones at Costco hubcentric? I am looking for 15". $40 sounds like a good price.
Nov 26, 2008
815 posts
271 upvotes
Oakville
henrycao8 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 1:06 pm
Are the ones at Costco hubcentric? I am looking for 15". $40 sounds like a good price.
No. See post above.
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2004
1377 posts
48 upvotes
Kanata
Will the 15" Rim work for a 2011 VW Golf ? the specific Rim bolt pattern I need is most likely "5 lug 4.41 inch or 112mm High Positive Offset"
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
5833 posts
502 upvotes
London
henrycao8 wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 1:06 pm

They DO carry hubcentric (as well as lugcentric). YMMV on availability. I was looking for some 15" and 17" hubcentric. I called the south london location, they carried only the 15" lugcentric ones, were sold out, and thought they might get more. good price, but not very helpful.

I went to the North London one, and they were able to do lugcentric OR hubcentric on both of my vehicles, for I think $45 and $60 for the 17", something like that. They had to order them in, still waiting as I just ordered them on monday. They should be in in a few weeks max. Prices were great, I couldn't find anything close in pricing (Cdn tire could get the 17" hubcentric ones for about $30 more a piece, and the 15" they couldn't even get the hubcentric ones at all).

If you don't have a choice, get lugcentric, but IMO it's a no brainer, if the prices aren't much more even if you have to wait, get the hubcentric ones.

On a side note, they have Bridgestone tires on sale, so I ordered some Blizzak's online, shipping to the same location, so both orders should get there and wait at the sale price for the Bridgestones till I get in to get it all installed before winter :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 7, 2001
6530 posts
617 upvotes
Alberta
redgrandam wrote:
Sep 30th, 2011 1:19 pm
On a side note, they have Bridgestone tires on sale, so I ordered some Blizzak's online, shipping to the same location, so both orders should get there and wait at the sale price for the Bridgestones till I get in to get it all installed before winter :)
Did they run out of stock on your Blizzaks? Just wondering what the benefit is for online ordering at Costco? I have ordered stuff at Costco online, but they included a shipping fee in the item's price....I would personally order from Costco online only if they don't have it in stock at their store or if it was a popular item...save on the shipping.

Dave
× < >