Computers & Electronics

Steelcase Leap v2 - $699 New - Yay or nay?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2020 4:58 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2267 posts
513 upvotes

Steelcase Leap v2 - $699 New - Yay or nay?

Posting here because I'm not sure how well received this would have been in Hot Deals. I think it's at least warm, but... *shrug*

POI.ca in Southern Ontario has a promo running until the end of the month: $699 for a new Steelcase Leap v2. They are an authorized Steelcase reseller. This chair normally runs $1000+ new, though it can currently be found on Kijiji for ~$400-500 used, and in varying conditions. The $699 price point is, as far as I can tell, far cheaper than even Black Friday sales for new Steelcase chairs.

https://www.poi.ca/leapchairpromo/

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm sorely tempted, as I think the ~$200 difference new vs. used is probably worth it for the 12-year warranty that Steelcase provides. What do you think? Have you ever seen this chair on sale for less?
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
6822 posts
1189 upvotes
Toronto
Is this the god tier of chairs?
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2010
1533 posts
301 upvotes
Vancouver
toalan wrote: Is this the god tier of chairs?
Yes. Leap chairs are awesome; really worth the price.
Temp. Banned
Feb 28, 2005
3169 posts
1183 upvotes
Montreal
looks like I had a very similar model years ago, it was a very solid chair
Client at: Tangerine, VoIP.ms, Virgin Mobile
Jun 27, 2006
584 posts
444 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal. I looked at the Leap at the Steelcase and it was a really comfortable chair. But I decided to go with a mesh-back chair instead. I actually bought it though POI as they were referred to me by Steelcase. They were great to deal with. If in the GTA, there is a option to pick up at their warehouse to saving on the delivery charge. If I were looking at a new chair, I would go for this as the price is great for a really nice chair.
Apr 29, 2018
457 posts
253 upvotes
This needs to be in Hot Deals. This is an excellent chair and well worth the $699 for a new one
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2267 posts
513 upvotes
kramer1 wrote: This needs to be in Hot Deals. This is an excellent chair and well worth the $699 for a new one
Yeah, you might’ve been right. Unfortunately, the deal is now over. Hopefully this post can be a reference for historical pricing on the Leap. I couldn’t find any other instances of past Leap pricing that weren’t one-offs.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1518 posts
732 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
SpoonyBard wrote: Yeah, you might’ve been right. Unfortunately, the deal is now over. Hopefully this post can be a reference for historical pricing on the Leap. I couldn’t find any other instances of past Leap pricing that weren’t one-offs.
This is kind of funny timing. I was using a crappy chair at work and I asked about getting something more comfortable. I sat in a few that were sitting in storage and found one that seemed comfortable. When it got to my desk I checked the tag and it was a Steelcase Leap V2, and after a little research I discovered it is a $1000+ chair. This is my first night using it but so far I am very impressed with it. I can't believe it was just collecting dust. I am considering a used one for a computer chair at home.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2267 posts
513 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote: This is kind of funny timing. I was using a crappy chair at work and I asked about getting something more comfortable. I sat in a few that were sitting in storage and found one that seemed comfortable. When it got to my desk I checked the tag and it was a Steelcase Leap V2, and after a little research I discovered it is a $1000+ chair. This is my first night using it but so far I am very impressed with it. I can't believe it was just collecting dust. I am considering a used one for a computer chair at home.
Nice! It is actually pretty nuts how expensive seemingly simple task chairs can be. I did end up going through with an order, so I guess I'll see too. I'll be comparing the Leap to my current Staples Hyken... Gotta say I'm looking forward to it.
Nov 7, 2016
673 posts
262 upvotes
Ontario
Wish I could have bought my Nightingale CXO for this price. I was looking at the Leaps as well when I bough this one but it wasn't tall enough for me :/
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1145 posts
1236 upvotes
SpoonyBard wrote: Nice! It is actually pretty nuts how expensive seemingly simple task chairs can be. I did end up going through with an order, so I guess I'll see too. I'll be comparing the Leap to my current Staples Hyken... Gotta say I'm looking forward to it.
Do let us know how it goes. A lot of people go by Hyken and comparison between that and a Leap V2 would be nice data.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2009
5808 posts
1648 upvotes
Montreal
I sat in a Leap v2 for years at work. Great chair and it's probably the thing I miss the most now that I'm working from home.
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
12975 posts
4080 upvotes
Ottawa
I sat on one for 3 years and didn't even realize it was a Leap. I liked it a lot, very good for long days at the office.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
2267 posts
513 upvotes
sablitz wrote: Not sure if its the same promotion with a different price but its $799 now.
https://www.poi.ca/support-and-comfort-at-home/
$100 more, but it looks like they're available immediately. I put an order in with POI at the beginning of the month, and I haven't received it yet. I was told it normally takes about 4 weeks from order to delivery. However, Steelcase has at least partially shut down now, so who knows if I'll see my order any time soon. I suspect new orders could take a very long time to fulfill.