Steps to Online Price Matching at Staples.
Ok, since i've gotten quite a few messages asking how to price match at staples, I thought I'd post up a quick tutorial.
1. Make sure the item you want is sold at one of their listed internet competitor's: Future Shop, Best Buy, Grand & Toy, Office Depot, Corporate Express, Basics, Bureau Plus, London Drugs, Lyreco, and The Brick, <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=24 target=_blank>Canadian Tire</a>, <a href=../autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=113 target=_blank>Office Max</a>, Denis.
note 1: the best pricematches are usually from futureshop and Bestbuy, since they have free shipping and they carry a similar line of products.
note 2: Stores that have free shipping are: Futureshop, Bestbuy, Grand & Toy, Office Depot (for orders greater than $50)
2. If the competitor is listed, then fill out the price matching form
Price match form
Fill out the required stuff (has a asteris beside it) and submit the form. In the Comments section indicate:
item number of the staples product, quanity, description, and competitor's name, website, phone number, and price qouted
Example of how to fill out the comments section:
item number: 492309
description: Siemens Gigaset 4010 - 2.4 GHz DSS
competitor's name: Futureshop
phone number: (416) 971-5377
price qouted: $99.99
note: You can now pricematch a quantity of 3 (Previously it was only 1).
3. After you submit it, it takes between, couple of hours to 1 business days for them to get back to you.
-If the pricematch is valid, they'll give you a breakdown of the cost and pricematch confirmation number.
-If they deny you the pricematch, your out of luck. Reason's for denying include: competitor is OOS, staples is OOS, not the same item, its a special order item at staples, etc
note 1:The most common reason of being denied is usually staples being OOS
note 2:If your pricematching with a store that doesn't have free shipping, they will add $15 shipping into their calculation (most time this kills the deal)
4. Ok, if your PM is approved, you can now order your item. Place your order at www.staples.ca and submit it.
-If you want to apply a dollar off coupons, you can too, but you have to make sure the coupon is valid on the pricematched price.
Example: Lets say you want to use a $10 off $100 coupon and the original cost of the item is $150, but after pricematching its only $75. The coupon will work when you submit it, but they CSR will email you back to tell you its not valid. For that coupon to work, the price matched price has to be $100+.
note 1: Instant rebate coupon works without a problem.
note 2: Coupon stacking seems to work with a max of 2 coupons
note 3: If the original cost of the item is over $50 you get free shipping, regardless of the pricematched price.
5. Once you've submit your order, you will recieve a confirmation email from staples. Reply to this email with the Price Match qoute and confirmation number
6. The original amount of the item will be charged onto your credit card, and then the appropiate amount will be refunded back into your account.
Example: The original cost is $150 and pricematched price is $100. $150 will be charged to your account initially, and then $50 will be refunded back into your account.
7. Thats it and good luck!
Can I order the item first and then submit the PM?
Yes you can. As most of us know, stock goes quick and sometimes ordering before you recieve the confirmation is the only way to get the item. I usually only do this if I know the pricematch is 100% legit, since its a hassle to go and return stuff afterwards.
1. I would order the item
2. I would submit the PM request (the usual way, mentioned in the main post)
3. After that I would wait for the confirmation and do it the same way mentioned in main post.
Can I order the item online and bring it to a store to pricematch?
Uncertain. In the past I was able to order online at regular price and then go to PM it in-store. But as of late, they have been telling me I can't and I can only do it online.