Shopping Discussion

Steps to Online Price Matching at Staples.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2015 2:19 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3779 posts
165 upvotes
would it work to buy something that is over $200 and use a $30 off $200 coupon and then request a price match after i get the item, which would bring the price down below $200. Would i still get to keep the $30 off $200 coupon on the order?

Also, what would happen it i buy something for $150 and then throw something in the cart to bring the price over $200 , so i can use a coupon, and then when i get the order return the extra item. will they subtract $30 from the refund?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2004
3171 posts
46 upvotes
Toronto
Justin wrote:would it work to buy something that is over $200 and use a $30 off $200 coupon and then request a price match after i get the item, which would bring the price down below $200. Would i still get to keep the $30 off $200 coupon on the order?
Did you read the original post??
4. ...
-If you want to apply a dollar off coupons, you can too, but you have to make sure the coupon is valid on the pricematched price.

Justin wrote:Also, what would happen it i buy something for $150 and then throw something in the cart to bring the price over $200 , so i can use a coupon, and then when i get the order return the extra item. will they subtract $30 from the refund?
I hope you would not do this intentionally because it is unethnical.
Deal Addict
Oct 5, 2003
3779 posts
165 upvotes
DragonZealot wrote:Did you read the original post??

I hope you would not do this intentionally because it is unethnical.
so, you are saying that it would work?
Feb 6, 2005
624 posts
11 upvotes
Surrey
Awesome post ;) I just submitted one... do they do these only on business days or weekends too? Oh ya... and what if the instore price is the same as the price match price, but the online price is a lot higher to do the pricematch with? (example is the X 530 speakers, which are $89 in store same as FS, but $139 online, and I want to pricematch FS's $89)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2003
3478 posts
261 upvotes
InternalStorm1 wrote:Awesome post ;) I just submitted one... do they do these only on business days or weekends too? Oh ya... and what if the instore price is the same as the price match price, but the online price is a lot higher to do the pricematch with? (example is the X 530 speakers, which are $89 in store same as FS, but $139 online, and I want to pricematch FS's $89)
From what I know, they only do it Monday - Saturday. For online PM's, as long as the online price is the higher price they will approve it if its legit.
Aug 1, 2005
8 posts
IMPORTANT INFO:

Starting Sept. 1st Staples will be changing their PM policy. They will now be offering 110% instead of the 150%.

I work there so I know. ;)
Nov 30, 2003
557 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
hey I got a couple of questions, I ordered the item first and then sent in the PM application. (stock was an issue)
This was done at 11:30 PM, how long does it take for Staples CSRs to reply to me on my PM?
And say they grant my PM, do I have to do anything else now or will they do it all for me? and not charge the actual amount but the amount after PM on my CC.
And if they don't grant my PM, am I stuck with the product? or will they give me options to cancel the order?
Jul 22, 2005
227 posts
14 upvotes
hi i got a question concerning free shipping.

let say the original price of the item im pming is over $50 but is less than $50 after pming, will i still get free shipping?

ps. if this is a noob question, than im sorry, i'm a noob as u call it, heh
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
1899 posts
1 upvote
North York, Toronto
If you have any questions, please do not reply to this message. You can
contact us at 1-877-360-8500 or Fax at 1-800-567-2260 or e-mail us at
bd.support@orders.staples.com. You can also contact us on the web at
http://www.staples.ca/contact. If there is a problem with your order,
you
will receive a follow-up contact.
Uh...so do I still reply to the email anyways with my price match confirmation letter?
Jun 19, 2005
658 posts
41 upvotes
Downtown Toronto
yes, you reply to the order confirmation email with ur PM number and quote
or you can call them. I usually like to order first, and quote my order number in the PM request. It makes things faster cuz sometimes I dont need to reply back at all.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2004
1899 posts
1 upvote
North York, Toronto
impulsebuy wrote:yes, you reply to the order confirmation email with ur PM number and quote
or you can call them. I usually like to order first, and quote my order number in the PM request. It makes things faster cuz sometimes I dont need to reply back at all.
Awesome, thanks.