Shopping Discussion

Steps to Online Price Matching at Staples.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2015 2:19 pm
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
13209 posts
3776 upvotes
Toronto
I find PMing online at Staples.ca rarely works anymore. BS excuses are constantly given as to why the PM is denied, a day later when the deal is likely dead and you can't PM in store.

Stick with in store PMs, it is much harder for them to weasel out of as you're in their face and can argue and make a scene.

From my experience Staples does not honour their PM policy in good faith online.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2005
1509 posts
Kurtz7834 wrote:I find PMing online at Staples.ca rarely works anymore. BS excuses are constantly given as to why the PM is denied, a day later when the deal is likely dead and you can't PM in store.

Stick with in store PMs, it is much harder for them to weasel out of as you're in their face and can argue and make a scene.

From my experience Staples does not honour their PM policy in good faith online.
For staples.ca you have to order first and after ask for a pm.
Over here the managers are the worst possible and will deny even if you are right. I have to file a complaint to BBB every time i have to pm in store.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
2826 posts
407 upvotes
Vancouver
Booo.. I wanted to buy the Canon sd400 digital camera and saw that FS and BB has it on sale for $499. So I head over to staples.ca to see 'bout pricematching online AND using the coupon. And guess what.. OOS. :mad:

And I was playing around with coupons online 2 days ago and added that camera to my cart and it was in stock then!

Ugh.. should i just bite the bullet and buy from FS or BB? But that $30 off $200 coupon is so tempting. I even called their customer service to make sure it was really OOS. :(
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1504 posts
6 upvotes
hi
i went to best buy's site. i can't find their price match FORM. can anyone help me. i want to get a laptop wireless mouse, the BenQ one.
let me know please.
thanks!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2261 posts
857 upvotes
Surrey
best buy is full of bs i sent them link for pricematch here is what i get for two e-mails. I told them it is not a attachment..... but still
[QUOTE]Dear Valued Customer:

Thank you for your e-mail.

We regret to inform you that due to antivirus and other security filters,
we were unable to open the attachment sent.

May we respectfully request that you resend the above with the attachment
in the body of the e-mail. Accordingly, we will be able to process your
request without further delay.

If you would like to be added to the list of preferred shoppers who we
contact weekly about Best Buy
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
I'd like to get Staples to PM [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] for the Logitech Keyboard/Mouse Combo MX5000. Its about $50 cheaper at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink]. But its also a special order at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink]. Do you think Staples will do the PM? Because the end price will be just above $150, then I can hopefully use the $20 off, plus I have a $15 divdends coupon as well.
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
Just as I figured, they didn't pricematch the price to [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] because its a special order. I'm wondering if I ask them to hold my purchase for 2 weeks then ship it, it'll be the same as [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] then won't it? lol...
Sep 16, 2004
812 posts
21 upvotes
Richmond
Well [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]Ncix[/rfdlink] now stocks the keyboard, and almost all their locations have 10+. I replied to the staples email last week, but no reply, so I put thru another request on their website.

Any idea if they'll let me use the $20 off $150 coupon as well as my $15 Dividends coupon along with them price matching the product?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2005
9163 posts
88 upvotes
GTA
just a helpful thread started by Mint on pm-ing staples.

Happy Holidays!
Mar 6, 2007
458 posts
thank man , really help
I spent a year in that town...One sunday :cheesygri
Feb 15, 2007
34 posts
BC
Great guide but does anyone know if they do price matching over holidays?

I phoned in and asked if they would be open over the long weekend and processing online price matching. They told me they would be open. When I phone now there's a message that says they're closed for the holidays :confused:
Deal Fanatic
Oct 10, 2006
7741 posts
80 upvotes
Toronto
:arrowu:

actually this one gets asked soooooooooooooooo often it could be a sticky!!
See this button :confused: :confused: Learn how to use it PLEASE ;)