Shopping Discussion

Steps to Online Price Matching at Staples.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2015 2:19 pm
Jul 30, 2007
61 posts
bc
I wanted to get a laptop from Staples. Staple's price is 860 and futureshop's price is 800, but it is sold out online and only available in the stores now. (ive checked)

I called the 1 877 number and asked them to PM but the person said they only match online prices, not the store prices.... :mad: is it true..???
Banned
Sep 14, 2007
16 posts
usa
Thanks a lot, now I know how to price match with Staples.... :-)
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4042 posts
1502 upvotes
Thanks OP for this thread. I want to get the iPod Nano but Staples sells them for $199.83, & FS & BB only sell them for $189.99. Filled out the PM form & waiting for the code. I received the $20 off $150 Staples coupon code by email so I can't hardly wait to order.
signature removed for rule violations
Jan 6, 2007
59 posts
1 upvote
suziecute wrote:
Jul 7th, 2008 1:24 am
Thanks OP for this thread. I want to get the iPod Nano but Staples sells them for $199.83, & FS & BB only sell them for $189.99. Filled out the PM form & waiting for the code. I received the $20 off $150 Staples coupon code by email so I can't hardly wait to order.
hi, i was looking at staples website but could not find the PM form that you mentioned here

EDIT : SORRY I FOUND IT NOW
Gopu
Jun 2, 2008
21 posts
Michigan
lucymag wrote:
Sep 14th, 2007 5:03 pm
I wanted to get a laptop from Staples. Staple's price is 860 and futureshop's price is 800, but it is sold out online and only available in the stores now. (ive checked)

I called the 1 877 number and asked them to PM but the person said they only match online prices, not the store prices.... :mad: is it true..???
Hey, I work in the Staples US call center. We happen to match to stores but Staples Canada is a little behind. Give them time to catch up.
For now, they probably don't match delivery to a competitor's store because the PM is currently 150%****. That being said if the competitor's delivery price is not included in the match because the match is to a store, that would end up putting Staples Canada in the poorhouse.

****(in US it's just 100% now down from 110% because it was found most people really don't care, they're just matching for convenience of getting all their items together. The few that did care about the additional discount were approximately 3% of our PMing customers who bought tons of PM'd stuff then turned around and sold the product on their own website/eBay store, so you can thank them for ruining it for everybody)
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1031 posts
12 upvotes
I just tried to PM online purchase of a camera and staples forced to add a 14$ overnight (from FS) shipping charge on top of the PM.. is this a new rule?
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
12298 posts
1339 upvotes
this is in sane, i entered the following info an Staples is chargeing $33 just for shipping:

Staples Price: $299.96
Competitor Price: $229.99

Competitor Name:Newegg.ca
Shipping: $33.84
10% of the Difference: $3.61

Final Retail Price after 110% Price Match Policy (excluding taxes):$260.22
Nov 5, 2008
272 posts
94 upvotes
Shawinigan, QC
where is the PM form ?? cant find it
Nov 7, 2005
422 posts
41 upvotes
Edmonton
Hellfire wrote:
Jan 6th, 2013 1:08 pm
Troll... 3 year old thread bump
This is a pretty old thread and it doesn't exist anymore...not where the OP indicated it would be. Now they'll encourage you to phone. What the use? That clown shoe company will find any excuse not to price match anyway. They told me something about the item being price matched in-store at NCIX on a NCIX web sale. It made absolutely no sense to me but that was their aim. Any bunk they can pull out of their behinds to make you go away. They're called Stooples for a reason.