None
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA

Steve Jobs: Michael Fassbender & Danny Boyle ‘Think Different’

http://screenrant.com/steve-jobs-movie- ... assbender/

In addition to the voice-over, the trailer also gives viewers a glimpse at other members of the cast, which includes:
  • Seth Rogen as Steve Wozniak, Apple cofounder
  • Kate Winslet as Joanna Hoffman, former Mac marketing chief
  • Jeff Daniels as John Sculley, Apple’s former CEO
  • Katherine Waterson as Chrisann Brennan, Jobs’ ex-girlfriend
  • Makenzie Moss and Perla Haney-Jardine, Jobs’ daughter Lisa (at different points in her life)
[IMG]http://static.srcdn.com/slir/w786-h393- ... e-2015.jpg[/IMG]

First Trailer

33 replies
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10229 posts
1652 upvotes
GTA
Sure it will be much better than the last one (which I never watched... but the one with Ashton Kutcher which I heard was bad).

Not sure why I never bought some Apple stock back in the day...Probably because I was never a fan of Apple.

I still remember the "Newton"... ahead of its time I guess - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton_%28platform%29
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
19792 posts
3421 upvotes
Woodbridge
Jobs (Ashton Kutcher) wasn't bad, the casting (comparing the two, I actually prefer Jobs) worked but needed a stronger Director and Writer like with the upcoming Steve Jobs.

Aaron Sorkin is more than enough to get me into watching this in theatres. Jobs, I waited for it to be available. :)
"I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie
THE NEWSROOM (HBO)
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
3758 posts
186 upvotes
Will watch this for Aaron Sorkin's screenplay alone
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
13166 posts
3738 upvotes
Mississauga
I hope Fassbender's been working on his American accent. It sounded pretty rough in other movies. And really? Two movies about Steve Jobs?
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
DJ_Peanuts22 wrote: another one? :confused:
Talamasca wrote: And really? Two movies about Steve Jobs?
"The difference here is that we’re seeing a whole other period of the Apple founder’s life. Instead of the early days, the eponymous film follows the Jobs through three different product launches during the golden age of Apple."

from http://www.contactmusic.com/michael-fas ... er_4733077
Deal Guru
Nov 30, 2009
12178 posts
603 upvotes
Toronto
Ok, so we are making a real movie now with real actors. Nice. Not really a fan of Kate Winslet, so hopefully her role is minimal.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
1793 posts
909 upvotes
YYC
The dude playing Steve jobs looks NOTHING like Steve jobs!! Lol
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Talamasca wrote: And really? Two movies about Steve Jobs?
from http://www.macworld.com/article/2842853 ... dated.html

Bloomberg interviewed the main cheerleader for this project, screenwriter Aaron Sorkin. When asked, essentially, “Another Steve Jobs movie—dude, why?” Sorkin replied that Steve Jobs is so fascinating that you could make as many movies about him as you want. (Go, Team Hollywood!) “I think that you could do 10 more movies about Steve Jobs. I think if you lined up 10 writers and said to write me a movie about Steve Jobs, I think you’d get 10 different movies, all of them worth going to see.”

Anyway, a clip from the interview,
Deal Guru
Aug 5, 2006
10747 posts
7908 upvotes
Global Village
Wassbender just doesn't feel right as Jobs. Good actor, just the wrong choice for this 1.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5550 posts
2221 upvotes
The first was so absolutely terrible that this looks light years better on the sole merits of not being the first one.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Expert
Jul 23, 2007
17436 posts
12787 upvotes
Toronto
Importz wrote: The dude playing Steve jobs looks NOTHING like Steve jobs!! Lol
jenviea wrote:
No he doesn't but maybe closer than the actor who passed i.e. Bale or those under consideration like Matt Damon, DiCaprio, Affleck.
Another rumoured contender Bradley Cooper doesn't look like Jobs either but maybe closer than all the others.
Deal Expert
May 14, 2008
41890 posts
1783 upvotes
Canada
Yeah, that's what I thought. "Jobs" is still on TMN.

Personally I would prefer to watch "Woz". He was the real brains behind the outfit. Jobs was just the salesman. He would probably work 25 hours weeks at BB if he was a young man today.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
7410 posts
6687 upvotes
Toronto
There are many more influential people who deserve even ONE proper hollywood movie before they make another Jobs movie. I saw the Ashton one and I get the story....he's great, he's awesome, yeah, like this is almost as bad as multiple Spiderman movies lol.
Koodo Mobile

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)