Site Comments & Suggestions

Still can't reset my password after 13 days..

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 12th, 2017 9:18 pm
[OP]
Mar 7, 2017
1 posts
Leask

Still can't reset my password after 13 days..

Had the message that i have to reset my password 14 days ago, followed intructions, + added redflagdeal.com to safe senders in my hotmail account.. No email.
Contacted rfd support and ticket opened on Feb24th, still not working.
Had to use Facebook account to log in but i don't understand why i can't recover my real account!!??
13 replies
Mar 8, 2017
2 posts
I can't sign in or reset my password as well
TomRFD, could you help to check my account too? I can pm you my email and usename
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12557 upvotes
Scarborough
Kay669 wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 7:56 pm
I can't sign in or reset my password as well
TomRFD, could you help to check my account too? I can pm you my email and usename
Send it over. I need the original account name and email address that you think is associated with it.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Mar 8, 2017
2 posts
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 11:06 am
Send it over. I need the original account name and email address that you think is associated with it.
PM you and enclosed my email and username, thanks in advance
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12557 upvotes
Scarborough
Kay669 wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 1:34 pm
PM you and enclosed my email and username, thanks in advance
Replied back. Your account problem should be resolved now.
Aug 30, 2015
898 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto, ON
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 10th, 2017 1:42 pm
Replied back. Your account problem should be resolved now.
yeap, the problem solved, thanks a lot Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2004
1438 posts
76 upvotes
EDIT: Nevermind, I found it on the desktop version. Mobile version doesn't seem to have option.

How do you change your password? I don't see it as an option. I had my password reset and it says I would be prompted to reset it after entering my temporary password but I wasn't.
Can you please provide the URL or steps? I've gone into my profile settings and there's nothing about password reset.
Jan 31, 2008
20 posts
It's the DUMBEST system I've ever seen. I too cannot and will not ever be able to find the "password reset" since I only use a mobile. I don't understand and cannot ever understand why there is this message about a password reset when you login, only to NEVER be able to find the ability to do so.

Another epic fail... it doesn't even surprise me anymore. Something as SIMPLE as a password reset and it's a flop with horrendous and misleading instructions.

Yep this post is in response to another who is saying the same thing as me, except being far nicer. RFD, fix your mobile (RFD App) and online (mobile browser such as Safari on iOS) site to allow the password reset functionality and not mislead through messages that are totally worthless.

"I had my password reset and it says I would be prompted to reset it after entering my temporary password but I wasn't."

>> RFD YOU LIED and it drives me utterly mad/bonkers it is so misleading FFS!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by lostinspacerfd on Apr 11th, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Penalty Box
Jan 29, 2016
377 posts
522 upvotes
New Caledonia
lostinspacerfd wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:32 pm
It's the DUMBEST system I've ever seen. I too cannot and will not ever be able to find the "password reset" since I only use a mobile. I don't understand and cannot ever understand why there is this message about a password reset when you login, only to NEVER be able to find the ability to do so.

Another epic fail... it doesn't even surprise me anymore. Something as SIMPLE as a password reset and it's a flop with horrendous and misleading instructions.

Yep this post is in response to another who is saying the same thing as me, except being far nicer. RFD, fix your mobile and online site to allow the password reset functionality and not mislead through messages that are totally worthless.

"I had my password reset and it says I would be prompted to reset it after entering my temporary password but I wasn't."

>> RFD YOU LIED and it drives me utterly mad/bonkers it is so misleading FFS!!!!!!!!!!
Yes this about sums up RFD right now.

Anyone know of a better deals site? Using https://www.reddit.com/r/bapcsalescanada/ for computer stuff right now.

[..]
HOT DEAL ALERT: 661,000 stolen emails, usernames and unencrypted passwords from a Canadian deals website, compromised due to administrator incompetence and general apathy towards users! Order now!
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8133 posts
12557 upvotes
Scarborough
lostinspacerfd wrote:
Apr 11th, 2017 11:32 pm
Yep this post is in response to another who is saying the same thing as me, except being far nicer. RFD, fix your mobile (RFD App) and online (mobile browser such as Safari on iOS) site to allow the password reset functionality and not mislead through messages that are totally worthless.
!!!!!!!!!!
You can reset your password using the link on the log in page. It's available on both mobile and desktop sites. Yes the messaging in the email is wrong because it doesn't redirect you to the update password page and that fix is coming soon.
Jan 31, 2008
20 posts
Hi TomRFD,

I logged out and looked at the login page again. The only option is "forgot password". That's good if you forgot it, but once it's reset and I receive the email from RFD, there is no ability to reset/set/define/make-up my own password thereafter. At this point I get stuck with a password that I won't remember. Great for safety however it's still a poor customer experience.

If I'm overlooking something please let me know but I spent at least 30 minutes trying to figure out how to set/define my own password last night, after it had been reset via "forgot password" until I came across this thread.

Thanks.