• Last Updated:
  • Nov 27th, 2019 12:11 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 26, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes

Still reporting missed payments??

Hi all. I am new here and enjoy reading the different threads. I was hoping that someone can help me out here. I filed for a consumer proposal 2 years ago. I successfully paid it off early, back in June of this year. I have my papers, certificate, etc.. that prove this. Now I have noticed that my credit score has been going up slowly, but still fluctuates, even though I have only 1 credit card and use it, as well as pay it off every month. Checking my credit report I have noticed that 1 of my previous creditors, Canadian Tire, keep reporting every month that I am late with a payment, even though the account is closed and they were part of my proposal. Checking other creditors and what I notice is that they all stopped reporting late payments as soon as my proposal was filed/accepted.
My question is what or how do I proceed to have Canadian Tire stop, and possibly have the back months removed? I know that this is affecting my score because part of my credit score tells me that I have X amount of missed payments. Can anyone shed some light as to what to do?
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Apr 16, 2007
8134 posts
3485 upvotes
Financial District B…
zpenzes636248544755554000 wrote: Hi all. I am new here and enjoy reading the different threads. I was hoping that someone can help me out here. I filed for a consumer proposal 2 years ago. I successfully paid it off early, back in June of this year. I have my papers, certificate, etc.. that prove this. Now I have noticed that my credit score has been going up slowly, but still fluctuates, even though I have only 1 credit card and use it, as well as pay it off every month. Checking my credit report I have noticed that 1 of my previous creditors, Canadian Tire, keep reporting every month that I am late with a payment, even though the account is closed and they were part of my proposal. Checking other creditors and what I notice is that they all stopped reporting late payments as soon as my proposal was filed/accepted.
My question is what or how do I proceed to have Canadian Tire stop, and possibly have the back months removed? I know that this is affecting my score because part of my credit score tells me that I have X amount of missed payments. Can anyone shed some light as to what to do?
All accounts included in the CP should be reporting R7.
It's rare that a lender fails to properly report the R7 but it can happen. Furthermore, when filing a Bankruptcy or a CP the accounts usually become frozen in their state and don't change. They don't automatically all go back to R1 status because you entered into a repayment plan via a Consumer Proposal.
There's usually notes added to the tradeline that will state the acct was included in the CP.
Either way, once the CP is completed and discharged the tradelines no longer have any affect on your credit scoring profile.
They just continue to report that way so future lenders can see what happened.
----------------------------Licensed Credit Bureau member, S1, FI Automotive, CCP forums most banned = x 13 and counting, guess who that is?... stomped to the curb once again
Nov 26, 2019
2 posts
2 upvotes
I am sorry but I don't think that answered my question. Why would Canadian Tire keep reporting each and every month that I have missed a payment when all the other credit card companies stopped?? Even after my proposal finished, they are still reporting missed payments months later. And they are the only one that is doing it. All the other accounts say closed and state that they were part of a proposal. Canadian Tire states the same, but as I said, each and every month since I started the proposal, and months after I completed it they keep reporting that I have missed a payment. Maybe you didn't understand me, or more likely I wasn't very clear. Example, I completed the proposal in June. July, August, September, October and now November they are reporting that I have missed a payment. I don't get it.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2018
1876 posts
2285 upvotes
Halifax, Nova Scotia
zpenzes636248544755554000 wrote: I am sorry but I don't think that answered my question. Why would Canadian Tire keep reporting each and every month that I have missed a payment when all the other credit card companies stopped?? Even after my proposal finished, they are still reporting missed payments months later. And they are the only one that is doing it. All the other accounts say closed and state that they were part of a proposal. Canadian Tire states the same, but as I said, each and every month since I started the proposal, and months after I completed it they keep reporting that I have missed a payment. Maybe you didn't understand me, or more likely I wasn't very clear. Example, I completed the proposal in June. July, August, September, October and now November they are reporting that I have missed a payment. I don't get it.
I don't think anyone here can give you a better answer than you could get by calling and escalating the issue.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
7848 posts
8795 upvotes
Call Canadian Tire Bank and find out..?