• Aug 5th, 2005 11:21 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Feb 21, 2002
664 posts
77 upvotes

Stolen license Plate

Hi:Someone Stole my license plate last night (Front, Rear Vehicle)
just Wondering what shall I do ?
Cheers... :mad:
34 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 21, 2004
1208 posts
83 upvotes
Montreal
uuh

report it to the police ASAP before they use a car with ur plates on to rob a bank
(Yes i've seen too many movies but still...)
Got Heat?
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
183 upvotes
Also, I think without reporting to police, you won't get the new plate anyway.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1447 upvotes
Pickering
HoTiCE_ wrote:uuh

report it to the police ASAP before they use a car with ur plates on to rob a bank
(Yes i've seen too many movies but still...)
You are not kidding. I came out of a local poolhall to find somebody with a green Mustang stealing licence plates off a green Mustang. What other reason would they have for doing this, knowing that when the plate was reported stolen, they would get pulled over immediately. I think they were going to commit a crime that night.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2002
664 posts
77 upvotes
Hi:So what is happened to my Sticker which was on that plate ?
also how much will cost a new plate ?
Cheers... :mad:
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2004
3356 posts
60 upvotes
Ontario
And if they get into an accident with your plates, and they don't have insurance, you will also be screwed. Call the police asap.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2002
4014 posts
32 upvotes
With a police report it'll cost ~$20 to have your plate and tags replaced. My concern, along with crimes, would be the use of the 407.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
stolen license plates are for either:

1: commiting another crime using another car (probably stolen too)

2: peeling off your insurance sticker to "appear" that their car has up to date insurance to others who may check.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2002
664 posts
77 upvotes
HI:there is about 300 Car in the Building Park
I was Wondering why they choose just my Car !!!
Ps:my Building has Two Security People and I think they are not up to the job
also 8 month ago Someone entered my Car and Checked out But he doesn,t stole anything...
Cheers.. > :(
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2003
2615 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
Time to move :) But ya, most likely goign to use ur plates on a stolen car to commit crimes.

thunder wrote:HI:there is about 300 Car in the Building Park
also 8 month ago Someone entered my Car and Checked out But he doesn,t stole anything...
Deal Addict
Jan 24, 2003
4466 posts
4 upvotes
thunder wrote:HI:there is about 300 Car in the Building Park
Was this about the thief stealing the garage door security pass?
Why are hurricanes named after women? When they come they are wet and wild but when they leave they take your house AND your car.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7128 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
me! wrote:stolen license plates are for either:

1: commiting another crime using another car (probably stolen too)

2: peeling off your insurance sticker to "appear" that their car has up to date insurance to others who may check.
Your right about the first one, but the second the sticker on your plate has nothing to do with insurance. Thats your registration sticker. It must be renewed every year (theres an option to buy a 2 year sticker but its not cheaper)

theres a little number on the sticker that must correspond to the one on your green Ontario registration slip.

I dont think police have the ability to check how valid an insurance policy is on the side of the road (perhaps they could call the insurance company?) but usually all they do is check the expirty date on your pink slip.

I hear people who use to boost cars they would swap plates numerous times.

So if they were trying to steal lets say a Silver Civic, they would find their target, swap their plates with another civics plates, then swap that civics plates with ANOTHER civics plates. By the time they figure out who has whos plates and whos car is really stolen the cars been stripped or crashed into a pole
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4988 posts
2 upvotes
GangStarr wrote:Your right about the first one, but the second the sticker on your plate has nothing to do with insurance. Thats your registration sticker. It must be renewed every year (theres an option to buy a 2 year sticker but its not cheaper)

theres a little number on the sticker that must correspond to the one on your green Ontario registration slip.

I dont think police have the ability to check how valid an insurance policy is on the side of the road (perhaps they could call the insurance company?) but usually all they do is check the expirty date on your pink slip.

I hear people who use to boost cars they would swap plates numerous times.

So if they were trying to steal lets say a Silver Civic, they would find their target, swap their plates with another civics plates, then swap that civics plates with ANOTHER civics plates. By the time they figure out who has whos plates and whos car is really stolen the cars been stripped or crashed into a pole

in BC the insurance works a bit different. The sticker is proof of insurance besides the actual receipt from the insurance co. the only way to check if the sticker matches the car is to pull the registration and/or insurance papers and examine them. If there is a sticker on the plate, then there is no reason to pull the driver over. Some cheap scammers do this who don't want to pay insurance, thinking they can get away without any accidents. the sticker shows that the car is insured.

Your second point about the same colour and make is very true.
Banned
Jan 3, 2004
2852 posts
8 upvotes
Heh, whats your licence plate was it customized?
May 31, 2005
132 posts
If they are customized, do they still replace them for $20?