• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2005 11:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
1362 posts
toronto
I hope the OP has spoken to the police by now. Any updates?
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10625 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
Wow, any word on what you did?
- Absolute
May 19, 2003
807 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener
I had my plates stolen in Ottawa last month(of all places, i have lived in toronto all my life and never had that happen to me here :confused: ) , you must first report it to police then get a form stamped by them for the ministry , only then will they replace your plates for $20 .
Heatware: 59-0-0
Apr 25, 2005
100 posts
In Ontario, cops can check your plates to see if they are expired by just running them. I know cause I got pulled over and the first thing the cop said was..

"Do you know your plates are 7 months expired?.."

We forgot to get a sticker in December and he gave me a ticket in June... so.... I have to pay $110 - ticket and $85 Sticker.
Dec 18, 2004
624 posts
26 upvotes
thunder wrote:Hi:Someone Stole my license plate last night (Front, Rear Vehicle)
just Wondering what shall I do ?
Cheers... :mad:
Why couldn't u call the DMV and ask? :confused: :confused: :confused:
May 9, 2003
266 posts
but even if they stole the plates for the sticker itself, wouldn't a cop be able to look up the theif plates and see that they are not renewed, or does that type of info not pull up on there computers,...? otherwise - yeah, I would guess they will be committing a crime, or joy-riding on the 407,...

robz
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10625 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
Cheezy wrote:I had my plates stolen in Ottawa last month(of all places, i have lived in toronto all my life and never had that happen to me here :confused: ) , you must first report it to police then get a form stamped by them for the ministry , only then will they replace your plates for $20 .
Wow.... where in Ottawa did this happen?
- Absolute
May 19, 2003
807 posts
59 upvotes
Kitchener
Absolute wrote:Wow.... where in Ottawa did this happen?
Blackburn Hamlet near Innes and Bearbrook, that was my reaction as well "Wow"

I have friends in Ottawa and visit regularly , i guess crime exists everywhere in todays world.
Heatware: 59-0-0
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2004
1692 posts
36 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
thunder wrote:HI:there is about 300 Car in the Building Park
I was Wondering why they choose just my Car !!!
Ps:my Building has Two Security People and I think they are not up to the job
also 8 month ago Someone entered my Car and Checked out But he doesn,t stole anything...
Cheers.. > :(
Call the Grammar police!!!!!

on a side note, report it asap to the police. This will minimize the damage they can cause.
Looking for an educational source to help pass your G1 written driving test? Check out DrivingTests101.com
It helped me pass my test and had a lot of great resources!
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
183 upvotes
Katana_kid wrote:In Ontario, cops can check your plates to see if they are expired by just running them. I know cause I got pulled over and the first thing the cop said was..

"Do you know your plates are 7 months expired?.."

We forgot to get a sticker in December and he gave me a ticket in June... so.... I have to pay $110 - ticket and $85 Sticker.
I think it is more like by "just seeing them". If they have to check to know your plate is expired, they would say:

"Do you know you are using a stolen sticker?"
[OP]
Feb 21, 2002
664 posts
77 upvotes
HI:For those people who Complaint about my english
Basically english is not my original language also I learned on my own
So I think I am doing well with it
as with regards to the Stolen License plate I have Feeling that my Insurance Company Somehow is responsible for that Stolen plate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Or maybe Someone in my Building he doesn,t like People from other Country
and he tried to give me a hard time !!!!!!!!
Cheers.... > :(
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
1362 posts
toronto
Your deductable is going to be higher or roughly equal to the cost of new plates.
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2003
23140 posts
183 upvotes
thunder wrote: as with regards to the Stolen License plate I have Feeling that my Insurance Company Somehow is responsible for that Stolen plate !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You don't want to claim that from insurance. Even if they allow it, you don't want to do that. You really don't.
Or maybe Someone in my Building he doesn,t like People from other Country
and he tried to give me a hard time !!!!!!!!
Cheers.... > :(
If somebody really does not like you, they won't steal your license plate. That involves a lot works and risk. They may just slash your tire and scratch your car. That is much easier job and costs you more than $20.
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2004
2301 posts
GTA
gman wrote:You don't want to claim that from insurance. Even if they allow it, you don't want to do that. You really don't.

If somebody really does not like you, they won't steal your license plate. That involves a lot works and risk. They may just slash your tire and scratch your car. That is much easier job and costs you more than $20.
Doing visual body damage is far easier, and more costly than stealing plates.
Both are equally aggrevating tho-. > :(

Re: The double and triple plate switch.
I guess having an usual paint colour offers a little bit of protection against their 'plan.'
"Feelin' okay this mornin', and you know,
We're on the road to paradise...Here we go"