• Aug 5th, 2005 11:21 am
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
7128 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
robz wrote:but even if they stole the plates for the sticker itself, wouldn't a cop be able to look up the theif plates and see that they are not renewed, or does that type of info not pull up on there computers,...? otherwise - yeah, I would guess they will be committing a crime, or joy-riding on the 407,...

robz
only thing is theres 2 parts to the sticker, theres the one on the plate, and the another sticker on your green ontario registration card. Thats where the matching is done. I dont think anything is looked up, the stickers are just a cash grab from mto.

An officer can check the validity of the stickers by tail gateing you and checking the date of expiry versus todays date. When he pulls you over he takes your registration, unfolds it and checks the number.

Also the sticker's expirty date is always the birth month of the registered owner. This also means the stickers must be renewed the First day of the birth persons month, not the date

so thats another ditterent of sticker theft
Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions.
[OP]
Feb 21, 2002
664 posts
77 upvotes
Hi:Well I tried to reach the MTO @ the following # 1-800-387-3449
unfortunately nobody respond (shame on their service)
on the other hand the " police " in my City already got all the information
also the security lady in my Building got the report and she promissed me to Increase the Security level overnight ..
Chee > :( rs...
Banned
Jul 26, 2005
536 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
I've told you many times son, don't drive around compton. :cheesygri Yah, report it to the police.
Selling HP Pavillion 754n. PM for Details.
Aug 12, 2004
386 posts
6 upvotes
Calgary
This has happened to my dads car several times (I know, more than once...) Basically just call the police report the plate as stolen, they'll give you a case number and then you goto the registries and they'll set you up with a new one.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
10625 posts
122 upvotes
Ottawa
StarvinStudent wrote:This has happened to my dads car several times (I know, more than once...) Basically just call the police report the plate as stolen, they'll give you a case number and then you goto the registries and they'll set you up with a new one.
Wow; what area did they get stolen in, were they custom plates?
- Absolute