[STOLEN] A small white puppy was stolen in the Markham area - August 22nd

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 10:46 am
[OP]
Jun 18, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes

[STOLEN] A small white puppy was stolen in the Markham area - August 22nd

A small white 6 lb puppy wearing a bright blue collar + harness was taken from a front porch around 8:30 pm last night.
His name is Mickey and he responds to it. He is very quiet, friendly and loves to greet people. He is an uncommon breed in Ontario, a bolonoodle.
If he were to approach you, his excitement and happiness would show through his tail speeding around at 100mph, but he would not bark at you.

I just wanted to reach out in case anyone has any information about this.
And with the rare chance that whoever stole him sees this - please, we don't care why you did it.
But just please bring him back home safe and sound.

He belonged to a wonderful and special little girl and she loved him more than ANYTHING in the world.
They are the best of friends and they were going to grow up together.
He was never happier than when he was cuddling up with the little girl and they share a special bond so rare and heart-warming.
They are inseparable and he is definitely terrified right now in a strange environment, lost and scared without her by his side.

She is completely heart broken and cannot stop crying, worrying about where he is and WHY or HOW anyone could ever do something like this.
Nothing can put a price on their happy memories together - and all of the ones that were to come.
Please don't do this to her.

If anyone knows anything about this please let us know. Thank you

Since the threads were merged:
loriblum wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:32 am
I don't know if this is the correct forum or not (mods, please move if not). My friend had her 6 month old puppy stolen right off their porch last night in the Markham area behind the Hilton hotel (Warden and Hwy 7).

Mickey (he responds to his name) is a 6 month old white bolonoodle breed. He is 6 pounds and is quiet but happy to meet/greet people. He might still be wearing his blue leather collar.

The police have been notified and surveillance cameras are being reviewed. However, if anyone knows or has seen this puppy, please send me a message or just let us know where and how to pick up Mickey. There is a very distraught 10 year old little girl at home who misses her puppy badly.

******UPDATE******

Mickey's story has now been published on the Toronto Star!
And a great big thank you to Alanna, the Toronto Star reporter that was so kind to publish an article about Mickey (link below). We are immensely grateful for all of the support/help from her and everyone here. Thanks to everyone, the situation is getting the attention it needs to find Mickey.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... porch.html

Another important thing to note, Mickey's ID tag was found buried in one of the condo's flowerbeds by working landscapers. There is more security footage being reviewed now. It doesn't 100% mean that Mickey is in one of the condos, but it gives us ground to investigate further, and hopefully the police will be able to help.

If whoever has Mickey reads this, please just bring him back. His leash is still on the front porch, you can bring him back at any time, no questions asked. You can just safely secure him back without letting anyone know. The owners promise not to press charges, all we want is Mickey back safe and sound.
Images
  • 570x760_smart_fit (1).jpg
  • 1000x549_smart_fit.jpg
  • 570x760_smart_fit.jpg
Last edited by Kittun on Aug 23rd, 2017 3:39 am, edited 6 times in total.
54 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7716 posts
2596 upvotes
Toronto
Sucks...however you need to put more info. Picture would work here and location of last seen..

How was it stolen? Camera's nearby?

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
I don't know if this is the correct forum or not (mods, please move if not). My friend had her 6 month old puppy stolen right off their porch last night in the Markham area behind the Hilton hotel (Warden and Hwy 7).

Mickey (he responds to his name) is a 6 month old white bolonoodle breed. He is 6 pounds and is quiet but happy to meet/greet people. He might still be wearing his blue leather collar.

The police have been notified and surveillance cameras are being reviewed. However, if anyone knows or has seen this puppy, please send me a message or just let us know where and how to pick up Mickey. There is a very distraught 10 year old little girl at home who misses her puppy badly.
Images
  • IMG_7020.jpg
  • FullSizeR.jpg
  • IMG_7016.jpg
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Mar 22, 2012
49 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
Mods, move this thread to Pets.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2005
3521 posts
454 upvotes
you sure was stolen ? maybe just run after the cat ?
anyway good luck ...
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
lubmar wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:42 am
you sure was stolen ? maybe just run after the cat ?
anyway good luck ...
Definitely stolen. He can't undo the leash himself and it was hanging off the side (as in the photo). He was out for under five mins.

Not sure if there will be any traffic in pets, but move if necessary. Prefer that this is still in this section as it relates to stolen "goods" and not actual Pet issues, though. Plus, there is urgency when it comes to things of this nature.
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1033 posts
298 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

Notify the vetinerians in the surrounding area as well as the humane society. She ended up getting a call from a vet a few weeks later and they had her dog.

Good luck- that's heartbreaking for me as a dog owner.
[OP]
Jun 18, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:53 am
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/stolen- ... p-2121403/

Looks like we have a common connection! Let's get Mickey home!!!!
Thank you so much, I wasn't aware it was posted about. Yes poor Mickey. :(
Cheapo-Findo wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 8:59 am
Sucks...however you need to put more info. Picture would work here and location of last seen..

How was it stolen? Camera's nearby?
Please go to loriblum's post to see pictures of the puppy and more info. His name is Mickey and he responds to it. Location: Warden and Hwy 7 behind the Hilton hotel
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14726 posts
3786 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:55 am
This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

Notify the vetinerians in the surrounding area as well as the humane society. She ended up getting a call from a vet a few weeks later and they had her dog.

Good luck- that's heartbreaking for me as a dog owner.
Did the vet divulge how it came into possession of the dog?

Sorry to hear about this op. I hope theres a happy ending to this situation.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
2718 posts
229 upvotes
hopefully you are able to obtain some surveillance footage to track down the dog. Hopefully it was chipped. All the best!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
298 upvotes
GTA
Thank you, yes he was chipped. Unfortunately the condo is saying they didn't notice anything on the surveillance camera and the police just said "it's a common thing". Like really?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36357 posts
2370 upvotes
Toronto
loriblum wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 12:03 pm
Thank you, yes he was chipped. Unfortunately the condo is saying they didn't notice anything on the surveillance camera and the police just said "it's a common thing". Like really?
It is... dogs are our furry friends. But it is a considered property and highly valueable for cute and nice breeds.
Its some dick heAd who would rather steal a dog than pay $1k or whatever from a good breeder.

I can't help you here but wish you the best of luck getting the thief