[STOLEN] A small white puppy was stolen in the Markham area - August 22nd

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 20th, 2017 10:46 am
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14710 posts
3776 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
They really should devise a non harmful way to incorporate a small gps chip inside the microchip. Would be invaluable in these types of situations.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2011
1022 posts
125 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 12:03 pm
Thank you, yes he was chipped. Unfortunately the condo is saying they didn't notice anything on the surveillance camera and the police just said "it's a common thing". Like really?
Jesus what the hell, can cops do anything, we pay them this huge wage and cant do shit for it. Hope you get your dog back op
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
I get that there are definitely worse crimes that they need to investigate but they could easily request the surveillance video(s) from the neighbouring condos, no? My mind then wonders if it is an inside job, of course.

Thank you all for the support. I will pass it along to my friend who hasn't heard any feedback from the local vets and Humane society as of yet.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2007
9771 posts
785 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 12:20 pm
It is... dogs are our furry friends. But it is a considered property and highly valueable for cute and nice breeds.
Its some dick heAd who would rather steal a dog than pay $1k or whatever from a good breeder.

I can't help you here but wish you the best of luck getting the thief
if you think about it, it's not that weird... You wouldn't leave your 1K handbag by itself... don't do that with your dog.

Sorry OP, it's not a criticism.. hope you guys find yours
Deal Addict
Jun 15, 2015
1029 posts
288 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
nasa25 wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 11:36 am
Did the vet divulge how it came into possession of the dog?

Sorry to hear about this op. I hope theres a happy ending to this situation.
Apparently someone just dropped it off.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3746 posts
496 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP, please pass our sentiments to your friend and family and little girl.

Sorry I can't be more of help. :(
[OP]
Jun 18, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes
kingofwale wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 1:01 pm
if you think about it, it's not that weird... You wouldn't leave your 1K handbag by itself... don't do that with your dog.

Sorry OP, it's not a criticism.. hope you guys find yours
As stated, he was left alone for less than 5 minutes in an enclosed area on their own private property.

In Japan, you can leave a pet in their carrier of their bike, in a busy marketplace with no worries of it being harmed or stolen while you go off and do your business.

What is wrong with people nowadays? I thought Markham was a place where citizens took pride in living in a nice quiet neighborhood, where people helped each other out, not crush the hearts of little children by doing something so cruel like this.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
Kittun wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 1:33 pm
As stated, he was left alone for less than 5 minutes in an enclosed area on their own private property.

In Japan, you can leave a pet in their carrier of their bike, in a busy marketplace with no worries of it being harmed or stolen while you go off and do your business.

What is wrong with people nowadays? I thought Markham was a place where citizens took pride in living in a nice quiet neighborhood, where people helped each other out, not crush the hearts of little children by doing something so cruel like this.
Exactly. Such cruel people :(
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3746 posts
496 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Thought about this some more. Try using Helping Lost Pets.

You can input the dog's details here:
http://www.helpinglostpets.com

More info about them here:
https://www.facebook.com/HelpingLostPets/

They are basically a national pet registry, and you can put a listing that your pet is stolen.

Hopefully there's more priority on a pet when it's flagged as stolen. Maybe reach out to them to see what else they can do or anything else they can recommend.

I've been a member since a few years ago, and have found it useful when getting alerts of missing/found pets in my area.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3147 posts
551 upvotes
London
enwhyRFD wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 1:49 pm
Thought about this some more. Try using Helping Lost Pets.

You can input the dog's details here:
http://www.helpinglostpets.com

More info about them here:
https://www.facebook.com/HelpingLostPets/

They are basically a national pet registry, and you can put a listing that your pet is stolen.

Hopefully there's more priority on a pet when it's flagged as stolen. Maybe reach out to them to see what else they can do or anything else they can recommend.

I've been a member since a few years ago, and have found it useful when getting alerts of missing/found pets in my area.
agree with this, a neighbour found a dog a couple of months ago and with this we found the owner next day.
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
14710 posts
3776 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Hopefully the puppy can be put into a national registry for stolen dogs so the first instance that a vet scans the microchip would pull up that status.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2010
1138 posts
216 upvotes
Toronto
Have your friend put posters with a picture of the dog all around the area - bus stops etc. Perhaps local vets will post the poster up in their waiting area. Offer a reward. That might be an incentive. Have them check kiji and local papers to see if the dog is being put up for sale. Hopefully they will get their dog back.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1093 posts
297 upvotes
GTA
Thanks! She has made over 100 flyer's and tacking them all around the 'hood including the parks/parkettes, bus stops, condos, etc.... All the local vets, etc have been notified, tons of posts on social media, etc...

If anyone hears anything, please let me or Kittun know!