[STOLEN] A small white puppy was stolen in the Markham area - August 22nd

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 3:12 pm
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7984 posts
2826 upvotes
Toronto
Get the media involved....submit your story to CITYNEWS.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1115 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
Wow pizza, relax. The threads aren't really bothering you THAT much, are they? (Because the only comments you have made are in relation to getting mods involved).
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1509 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
Tell your friend I'm in the Main Street Markham area, and my dog Boogie and I go for tons of walks and ball playing in our local parks. We will keep our eyes peeled for the little guy and the POS that stole him.
[OP]
Jun 18, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes
MARKHAM
Yes, I'm not sure why our threads are bothering you pizza11? The more people that read the threads the better, and this is something urgent.
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4524 posts
247 upvotes
Hope you find him. Poor puppy and poor girl :(
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1509 posts
193 upvotes
Markham
loriblum wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 5:25 pm
Wow pizza, relax. The threads aren't really bothering you THAT much, are they? (Because the only comments you have made are in relation to getting mods involved).
He's just a mod wanna be.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1633 posts
178 upvotes
Don't forget to check the online classifieds. That's where I found stuff that was stolen from my car a few years ago.

Not that the police helped at all, but it's a starting point.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2008
4017 posts
314 upvotes
BrunetteGirl wrote:
Aug 23rd, 2017 9:55 am
This happened to a friend of mine a few years ago.

Notify the vetinerians in the surrounding area as well as the humane society. She ended up getting a call from a vet a few weeks later and they had her dog.

Good luck- that's heartbreaking for me as a dog owner.
This is also how my family got our dog back!
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2009
3459 posts
1363 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
Hopefully this is posted to local facebook groups? For example here in Ottawa there is Ottawa Valley Lost Pets Network (or something like that). Great network for advertising on Facebook lost furry friends (or found ones if you happen to find someone else's pet).

Hopefully they find the little guy:(
Aug 22, 2014
936 posts
428 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sorry some people are jerks. :(

I'll keep an out for him in case he ends up in downtown Toronto. Hope you find him soon!
[OP]
Jun 18, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes
MARKHAM
abstract808 wrote:
Aug 24th, 2017 6:54 pm
Don't forget to check the online classifieds. That's where I found stuff that was stolen from my car a few years ago.

Not that the police helped at all, but it's a starting point.
We are constantly checking online ads/classifieds for him but haven't seen anything yet :(

Chickinvic wrote:
Aug 25th, 2017 10:09 am
Hopefully this is posted to local facebook groups? For example here in Ottawa there is Ottawa Valley Lost Pets Network (or something like that). Great network for advertising on Facebook lost furry friends (or found ones if you happen to find someone else's pet).

Hopefully they find the little guy:(
We have posted on several lost and found pets groups on FB for different areas, as well as posts on other social media networks. Fingers crossed
[OP]
Jun 18, 2012
208 posts
127 upvotes
MARKHAM
******UPDATE******

Mickey's story has now been published on the Toronto Star!
And a great big thank you to Alanna, the Toronto Star reporter that was so kind to publish an article about Mickey (link below). We are immensely grateful for all of the support/help from her and everyone here. Thanks to everyone, the situation is getting the attention it needs to find Mickey.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/0 ... porch.html

Another important thing to note, Mickey's ID tag was found buried in one of the condo's flowerbeds by working landscapers. There is more security footage being reviewed now. It doesn't 100% mean that Mickey is in one of the condos, but it gives us ground to investigate further, and hopefully the police will be able to help.

If whoever has Mickey reads this, please just bring him back. His leash is still on the front porch, you can bring him back at any time, no questions asked. You can just safely secure him back without letting anyone know. The owners promise not to press charges, all we want is Mickey back safe and sound.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1115 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
I can tell you that walking up to a random white dog on a broken leash with a blue tag in the Warden and Hwy 7 area and then bending down and posing next to said dog with the poster of Mickey and the furiously snapping photos is enough reason for a woman to run screaming from a hair salon and almost accuse you of stealing her dog.

So, note to all, we are not kidding when we say "do not approach".

But the hope is there and the owners are so beyond thankful to know (and read) the outpouring of feedback and support.
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3831 posts
540 upvotes
Richmond Hill
OP, thanks for the update. Best of luck. Hope the buried tag and footage provides an ending.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1115 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
Bumping it up! We need to find Mickey!!