Pets

[STOLEN] A small white puppy was stolen in the Markham area - August 22nd

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 3:12 pm
Apr 18, 2008
205 posts
44 upvotes
Vancouver
My dog was stolen many years ago. The people who stole my dog contacted us for money. The police helped me get it back. Best of luck.
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
I dont understand.. Why was your dog tied up and alone on the porch?? Am I missing something
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1115 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
Actually, you are missing something. And to be quite honest, you're missing the point of this thread if that is what you are focused on. Nevermind that someone came up onto private property. Nevermind someone stole something that did not belong to them. Nevermind that a little girl is absolutely gutted.

What you are "missing" here is the point of this post.

Now unless you want to be a little more compassionate and not try to play the "blame the victim" game, I suggest you not offer up any more ridiculous comments. Clearly you are not an animal lover.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 4:18 pm
Actually, you are missing something. And to be quite honest, you're missing the point of this thread if that is what you are focused on. Nevermind that someone came up onto private property. Nevermind someone stole something that did not belong to them. Nevermind that a little girl is absolutely gutted.

What you are "missing" here is the point of this post.

Now unless you want to be a little more compassionate and not try to play the "blame the victim" game, I suggest you not offer up any more ridiculous comments. Clearly you are not an animal lover.
No one wants to lose a dog... but I'd like to know if the dog was tied up and left alone on the porch.

I have nothing to prove to you regarding my love for animals.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1115 posts
301 upvotes
GTA
varano wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 7:24 pm
No one wants to lose a dog... but I'd like to know if the dog was tied up and left alone on the porch.

I have nothing to prove to you regarding my love for animals.
If you bothered to read the entire post, including the article in The Toronto Star which was highlighted, you would find your answer. However, you made an assumption and you are being very harsh in your response given the situation so I would rather not continue to engage you as you are not offering any valuable contribution to this thread other than negativity which we don't need, thankyouverymuch.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Banned
Jun 19, 2017
256 posts
180 upvotes
loriblum wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 7:29 pm
If you bothered to read the entire post, including the article in The Toronto Star which was highlighted, you would find your answer. However, you made an assumption and you are being very harsh in your response given the situation so I would rather not continue to engage you as you are not offering any valuable contribution to this thread other than negativity which we don't need, thankyouverymuch.
Im not being negative. I'm trying to figure out why the dog was tied on the porch. Chances are that If the dog was actually stolen in five minutes...
that this is a regular occurrence and that the they were being scouted nightly for trends regarding the dog. This is how thieves work. But in any case its a local job most likely.

The local kids have said to me that if they had the chance, they would steal my dog because my dog is simply an amazing dog. It wouldn't take much for a local kid to tell dad to steal the dog.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 9, 2007
7967 posts
2810 upvotes
Toronto
Should constantly check on kijiji / craiglist for your dog as well. They might be trying to sell.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3814 posts
525 upvotes
Richmond Hill
varano wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 7:46 pm
Im not being negative. I'm trying to figure out why the dog was tied on the porch. Chances are that If the dog was actually stolen in five minutes...
that this is a regular occurrence and that the they were being scouted nightly for trends regarding the dog. This is how thieves work. But in any case its a local job most likely.

The local kids have said to me that if they had the chance, they would steal my dog because my dog is simply an amazing dog. It wouldn't take much for a local kid to tell dad to steal the dog.
How is determining why the dog was left unattended a key question?

That's like the equivalent of "hey I remote started my car and it got stolen what should I do?" and someone responds with "hey why did you start your car unattended on your driveway?"

I would like to think that for most people, the decision to remote start their car, is based on a number of factors, one of which is how likely would it get stolen if left unattended. And that the % of people remotely starting their cars is inversely proportional to that probability.

I see no difference between the example and this thread, and so your question has no bearing on figuring out OP's options on moving forward.

And just as a note to your callout on Sept 5th on the most probable cause of how it got stolen, it was already mentioned by OP in TheStar's published article on Aug 25th. But you had probably deduced that way in advance already.
Apr 25, 2011
695 posts
253 upvotes
British Columbia
varano wrote:
Sep 5th, 2017 7:24 pm
How is the answer relevant? What if the dog had been loose in a yard or what if the dog had been sitting inside by an open window? Why do these factors make a difference to you? It is still a reprehensible act of tresspassing and stealing of a beloved family member.

People are opportunistic and any number of things can be stolen right under your nose no matter where you are or how closeby you are. However when on your own property people usually let their guard down a little. Walking around paranoid about robbers/kidnappers etc. 24/7 doesn't get you anywhere (besides maybe in the loony bin).

OP, best of luck getting your dog back! I know how stressful it is when a pet goes missing.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15625 posts
4377 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Any updates on this?
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15625 posts
4377 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
bump
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game