Stop Chip Claim via Auto Insurance

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 11:34 am
[OP]
Aug 23, 2016
58 posts
9 upvotes

Stop Chip Claim via Auto Insurance

Had a stone chip over the weekend which I got it fixed right away. The auto glass that did the repair said I can send my insurance company the bill and they will pay me back the amount ($65). I spoke with my broker with Economical and they said I am covered and it does not count towards me / effect my premiums in any way...… Wondering if anyone had a similar experience and went through the insurance. I don't want to get dinged at the time of renewal because of this but thought I would ask.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1992 posts
1433 upvotes
Markham
JayTdot wrote: Had a stone chip over the weekend which I got it fixed right away. The auto glass that did the repair said I can send my insurance company the bill and they will pay me back the amount ($65). I spoke with my broker with Economical and they said I am covered and it does not count towards me / effect my premiums in any way...… Wondering if anyone had a similar experience and went through the insurance. I don't want to get dinged at the time of renewal because of this but thought I would ask.
Been a long time since I’ve had a chip fixed for “free”.

IIRC, the insurance company was direct billed and my premium wasn’t affected at renewal.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17479 posts
5419 upvotes
Toronto
Comprehensive claims are fine
Deal Fanatic
Aug 11, 2008
8487 posts
1229 upvotes
Ontario
odd the glass company didn't send the bill directly to Eco
JayTdot wrote: Had a stone chip over the weekend which I got it fixed right away. The auto glass that did the repair said I can send my insurance company the bill and they will pay me back the amount ($65). I spoke with my broker with Economical and they said I am covered and it does not count towards me / effect my premiums in any way...… Wondering if anyone had a similar experience and went through the insurance. I don't want to get dinged at the time of renewal because of this but thought I would ask.
RIBO LICENCED INSURANCE BROKER, over 35 years experience
[OP]
Aug 23, 2016
58 posts
9 upvotes
COSMIC5 wrote: odd the glass company didn't send the bill directly to Eco
The guy did ask me. he said he would have to call in and get it done but if anything I can call them and send them the invoice to get my money back. I just wanted to get some advise before I report a stone chip claim. The last thing I want is get dinged at my renewal for this.
Deal Guru
Oct 6, 2010
13152 posts
7465 upvotes
Toronto
JayTdot wrote: The guy did ask me. he said he would have to call in and get it done but if anything I can call them and send them the invoice to get my money back. I just wanted to get some advise before I report a stone chip claim. The last thing I want is get dinged at my renewal for this.
I was told that this wouldn't affect your premium. @COSMIC5 , can you please clarify madam.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke

¯\_(ツ)_/¯