Parenting & Family

Stop impregnating your poor wife already lol! (chasing for a son)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2017 8:11 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
7564 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
Chickinvic wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 12:33 pm
Maybe they just want a big family? Why does it bother you? It isn't any of your business.
It doesn't bother me but it's just a funny situation to talk about. It's obvious he wants a son, so feel sorry for all his efforts and his family.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 8, 2008
3650 posts
1099 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 6:14 pm
It doesn't bother me but it's just a funny situation to talk about. It's obvious he wants a son, so feel sorry for all his efforts and his family.
Why is it so obvious? It sounds like the desire to reproduce sons is coming from you, not him.
Member
Dec 17, 2014
435 posts
62 upvotes
What is the social media channel? Not meddling. Just asking for a friend.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
7564 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
wirebound wrote:
Aug 8th, 2017 6:57 pm
Why is it so obvious? It sounds like the desire to reproduce sons is coming from you, not him.
I dunno, cuz he keeps trying? Res ipsa loquitur. Why is it so hard to see things for what they are? Does everyone have a fetish to be contrarians on this forum?

Here's your out: you may be right in your doubt but I already got that covered, i.e. another reason may be he wants his own version of Sand Snakes.
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2007
3849 posts
547 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Some parents just love babies in general; not really trying to get boy/girl.

Image
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
7564 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
^That's nuts and I assume more than 1 breeding couple there?
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jul 17, 2008
7649 posts
1362 upvotes
Maybe if people would stop being so selfish and chase money, they would start having again 4-5 kids and we would no longer need to import 3rd hand immigrants to keep the economy going.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2006
3815 posts
707 upvotes
Toronto
enwhyRFD wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 1:04 am
Some parents just love babies in general; not really trying to get boy/girl.

Image
Are they all J's? Remember i watched a show about having many kids, not that many but it was years ago so if they keep at doing it...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Nov 15, 2004
14256 posts
1545 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 6th, 2017 4:58 pm
I was casually following some social media channel and this guy already has 3 daughters and a baby, now after a long time of not following their channel, I recently I found out that #5 is on the way and the then baby was #4 daughter.

If this was you, when would you give up or would you press on? I feel sorry for the daughters, it's as they aren't as valued, never mind the poor wife being treated like a breeding machine lol.
I think you're making assumptions here. My parents had nothing but boys, but they still kept trying. Should my brothers and I feel 'less valued' because they were obviously trying for a girl?

This family might just be religious guy and not into birth control, or just aiming for a lot of kids. You can't assume people who have a lot aren't happy with the ones they have.
Could HAVE, not could OF. What does 'could of' even mean?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
7564 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
Piro21 wrote:
Aug 10th, 2017 1:12 pm
I think you're making assumptions here. My parents had nothing but boys, but they still kept trying. Should my brothers and I feel 'less valued' because they were obviously trying for a girl?

This family might just be religious guy and not into birth control, or just aiming for a lot of kids. You can't assume people who have a lot aren't happy with the ones they have.
We're all making assumptions but what is the reasonable one? You said yourself that your family kept trying too, so I assume for a girl.

I remember a tv show they were interviewing a couple that kept trying for a son and after 8 tries or so finally got him. I would think if I was one of the 7 daughters that my value has diminished vs the 1 son and it really showed in the interview that the son was basically a 'king' and they didn't care as much for the other kids...it's sad but just 'common sense'/'expected' but ofc I disagree w/ that. It's human nature to crave what you can't have.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 5, 2016
2340 posts
151 upvotes
It's possible if they were raised in a small family or were a single child, they may have a wish to raise a large family. Some people go by the motto of "more the merrier".
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 19, 2006
4940 posts
920 upvotes
Toronto
share the channel so we can see for ourselves :D
Deal Addict
May 10, 2011
1220 posts
305 upvotes
Ottawa
tranquility922 wrote:
Aug 9th, 2017 1:10 am
^That's nuts and I assume more than 1 breeding couple there?
Just be thankful that there are still Canadians that want to have kids. Otherwise we ended up like Japan where they have a huge problem in the next 20 years or so when they will literally run out of working force.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2011
3243 posts
574 upvotes
London
I think you are the one demeaning his daughters, not him.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 21, 2010
7564 posts
1009 upvotes
Toronto
snow00774 wrote:
Aug 17th, 2017 10:39 pm
I think you are the one demeaning his daughters, not him.
I think that this is just another example of some ppl ignoring the obvious. So he's just having #5 for the heck of it?

Btw, I'm not demeaning, just feel sorry for them because obviously 4 daughters is not enough if he wants #5.

Top