• Mar 29th, 2017 7:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5080 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver

Store name missing on new thread subscription email

I have been having this issue since the new forum. Is everyone having the same issue or just me? What program are you using? I am using Chrome.

Here is an example of one of my email with the following email subject. There is no mention of what store is having 30% off most item.

New thread - "30% off most items"

When I click on the link, it opens a new tab in Chrome, it shows it is [123InkCartridges.ca] 30% off most items (coupon: 123xmas30) in the title.

123inkcartridges-ca-30-off-most-items-c ... hread_name
12 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5080 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone care to look into the issue?
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8588 posts
12933 upvotes
Scarborough
Sorry I never received an update earlier. I just followed up and will provide an estimate on when we can get this done.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8588 posts
12933 upvotes
Scarborough
This should be fixed with todays update. Please let me know if you're still not seeing the retailer name showing up in your emails.

@jtcb
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5080 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 6th, 2017 12:30 pm
This should be fixed with todays update. Please let me know if you're still not seeing the retailer name showing up in your emails.

@jtcb
It doesn't look like it is working still. Some show topic others have nothing..
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8588 posts
12933 upvotes
Scarborough
@jtcb I saw your email and the deal within the email doesn't have a retailer attached to it which is why there's no square brackets. The title in the email matches the full deal thread title.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5080 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
TomRFD wrote:
Mar 9th, 2017 10:11 am
@jtcb I saw your email and the deal within the email doesn't have a retailer attached to it which is why there's no square brackets. The title in the email matches the full deal thread title.
Ok. I guess it is working properly for now. I will report when it is not showing again. Thanks.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
5080 posts
244 upvotes
Vancouver
Hi TomRFD,

The latest batch of email that I got are missing store name. I have forwarded an email to support. Please look into it.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
8588 posts
12933 upvotes
Scarborough
jtcb wrote:
Mar 29th, 2017 5:42 pm
Hi TomRFD,

The latest batch of email that I got are missing store name. I have forwarded an email to support. Please look into it.
Doesn't appear that anything is wrong but rather that we didn't account for write-in retailers. The Last Hunt is not actually in our system but as always you can write in the retailer and it will show up within the square brackets. I'll create a ticket to see if we can add that functionality in.