Shopping Discussion

Which store(s) you do not like, and why?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:59 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 10, 2017
4 posts
3 upvotes

Which store(s) you do not like, and why?

For me, I do not like costco because too crowded and easy to over spend. Also, do not like amazon because of a bad shopping experience. What about you guys?
80 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 7, 2017
2119 posts
1091 upvotes
This is not a new topic, it’s been covered before
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25896 posts
2889 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Dennislei wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:18 pm
For me, I do not like costco because too crowded and easy to over spend.
So you don't like Costco because they are successful at what they do?
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2009
4808 posts
489 upvotes
Toronto
Good thread, I'll just say most...maybe all! They're all a bunch of scoundrels....lol
Remember to be an RFD-er and NOT a degenerate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6117 posts
931 upvotes
Mississauga
Sporting Life at Sherway Gardens. Since they downsized and moved to the new section everything feels cramped and messy. Also, their prices are too high.

H&M sells bad quality clothing. Sephora because the different smells is nauseating, and the bright lights and crowds makes me more nauseated. Starbucks because one location ruined it all for me.

Loblaws because they don't have a diverse selections of brands (altho, I shop at RCSS just because it's close and convenient but it's still not my favourite place for groceries).
Shoppers Drug Mart because it's overpriced.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Dec 3, 2017
4 posts
1 upvote
I don't like Metro, for a grocery store I find them to be way overpriced. They sell the same quality items as their competitors (like Loblaws) for a much higher cost and their sales are always lackluster. Also their generic brand, Selection, is not very good. Every Selection product I've bought tastes significantly different from the brand name for about the same cost despite the fact that I find No Name and Compliments brand products to be, mostly, very similar to the brand name at a lower cost. Overall, I can't understand how Metro makes money when they don't seem to want to compete with any other chains.
Jan 9, 2011
989 posts
514 upvotes
Vancouver
I'm not a fan of Safeway ever since they closed a bunch of their Vancouver locations, mostly on the east side. Before selling the land they wrote restrictive covenants in the land titles prohibiting any grocery stores from operating in those locations ever again. Canada Safeway no longer even exists as a corporate entity but these covenants remain. How this can even be legal is beyond me.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9895 posts
918 upvotes
Nearly all stores... because of the internet.

But seriously, Wal-Mart... or whatever they are going to call themselves next year.
Deal Guru
Jun 30, 2006
14184 posts
2540 upvotes
Toronto
I hated Sears. I found the stores boring.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
1064 posts
174 upvotes
Arviat
IKEA, the store setup irritates me the cheap
Put together garbage they sell also makes me very angry I avoid that store like the plague
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1037 posts
267 upvotes
CO-OP. Even when on sale, still more expensive than Superstore. Safeway is a close second, as well as all other brands related to it, like Sobeys, IGA etc.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1948 posts
894 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Dennislei wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:18 pm
For me, I do not like costco because too crowded and easy to over spend. Also, do not like amazon because of a bad shopping experience. What about you guys?
I don't like Evernew. They only sell ladies clothing, and I'm a dude.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11333 posts
1582 upvotes
Toronto
Raggie wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:30 pm
No thanks.
Heh, even the model looks like he thinks like you! Just look at his face! The "Do I really have to wear this?" look! Priceless! lol