Shopping Discussion

Which store(s) you do not like, and why?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:59 pm
Tags:
May 22, 2016
870 posts
154 upvotes
Ontario
Gotta agree with Costco. Its like everyone in there is raging these days. Moving your cart around the books is worse than driving the 401.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
6115 posts
930 upvotes
Mississauga
playnicee1 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 11:34 pm
Heh, even the model looks like he thinks like you! Just look at his face! The "Do I really have to wear this?" look! Priceless! lol
Even I would never buy that for my little nephew.
My food blog - Reggie The Food Critic.
Feb 22, 2016
840 posts
443 upvotes
Easy answer. Value Village -- because they take donated merchandise (cost to them NIL) and flip them to sell at regular retail prices (100% profit) under the guise of being charitable (reality: charities get 5% or less of the net profits).
Imagine if you could have a garage sale every Saturday morning and sell all that old crap at original retail prices (and people actually buy it). That's Value Village.

Dishonorable mentions -- Costco, every liquidation run by Hilco, anything Loblaws, anything Crappy Tire, anything Robbers, anything Trashcan
Last edited by EastGTARedFlagger on Dec 6th, 2017 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3623 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta
Best Buy!

1. You get no help from anyone working there
2. They never have any stock even though the website shows that they have it
3. The website sucks now that they turned it into a marketplace
4. Reserved an item yesterday only to get an email saying that they can't fulfill it
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
1948 posts
894 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Dennislei wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 4:18 pm
For me, I do not like costco because too crowded and easy to over spend. Also, do not like amazon because of a bad shopping experience. What about you guys?
Aeropostale because I thought it was a place you could get Air Mail stamps from. But it wasn't.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11328 posts
1579 upvotes
Toronto
+1 THIS
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:08 am
Best Buy!
2. They never have any stock even though the website shows that they have it
They are willing to phone another store for you to verify that an item is in stock, but who wants to hop around from BB to BB store?
Feb 13, 2015
327 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I don't like Metro and most drug stores, way to overpriced and never go in drug stores anyways. Went to Rexall one time and saw contact lens cleaner pack for 23$ then went to Walmart and saw the same one for 14$. It doesn't make logical sense to shop there, even at an ethical standpoint.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1436 posts
461 upvotes
Ontario
I dislike Costco and Loblaws. Aside from their high prices, I find Costco's lack of bags, triple security (on the way in, cashier, on exit) annoying. Loblaws has the most deceptive price stickers.
Nov 24, 2017
64 posts
31 upvotes
Costco! Because the purpose of shopping at Costco would normally be to save money and how can you save money when you buy way more than you had planned??? Regular shopping at Costco is a losing game.

It is great for those who only do occasional shopping, or buy a single large item heavily discounted, like a generator, for example.

Moreover, I think Costco is using all the tricks in the book to fool you and get you to buy more. As others have pointed out, cheap hot dogs and cheaper gasoline aren't enough to fool me.

Btw, like I said in another post, when I go Costco I leave my CC at home and only bring $100 cash. This way I know I won't spend more than $100 :) I control my spending and Costco has zero impact on my purchases. Also, I find a lot of stuff cheaper elsewhere. Buying in bulk does not always guarantee saving.

Costco is becoming a club I don't want to be a member of.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2015
2092 posts
686 upvotes
Saint-Hubert, QC
Costco is the only store I usually visit and wow do I prefer to shop online.

1. People in the parking area stop in the middle of the lane to get a place closer to the entrance, causing traffic in the parking area.
2. People inside the store leave their cart in the middle of the lane, causing traffic inside the store.
3. People blocking the lanes to get the free food sample, causing traffic inside the store.
4. No express lanes (10-15 items or less). I often see people with a cart full of items, then someone with 4-5 items behind waiting.
5. Not enough lanes to pay for your items.

Could probably go on and on, but the savings are worth it.
Unlike other people, I don't have the spending issue.
Always make a list of what you want to buy before going to Costco.
Deal Guru
Nov 5, 2001
10773 posts
1298 upvotes
Edmonton
Safeway and Sobeys. Especially after Sobeys bought Safeway.

The stores are dirty, customer washrooms are disgusting, they don't price match, the regular prices are insanely high, they are always out of stock on the couple of cheap loss leaders in the weekly flyer, and most of their promos and weekly sales are tied to airmiles which I no longer collect or am interested in.

On top of that they close stores but have stupid lease restrictions set in place so no future food or grocery retailer can reopen in the same spot again resulting in empty lots and boarded up locations increasing urban blight.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3623 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta
MoneyHypeMike wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 10:04 am
Costco is the only store I usually visit and wow do I prefer to shop online.

1. People in the parking area stop in the middle of the lane to get a place closer to the entrance, causing traffic in the parking area.
2. People inside the store leave their cart in the middle of the lane, causing traffic inside the store.
3. People blocking the lanes to get the free food sample, causing traffic inside the store.
4. No express lanes (10-15 items or less). I often see people with a cart full of items, then someone with 4-5 items behind waiting.
5. Not enough lanes to pay for your items.

Could probably go on and on, but the savings are worth it.
Unlike other people, I don't have the spending issue.
Always make a list of what you want to buy before going to Costco.
This is done on purpose so you have to buy more. Makes people think why bother standing in line for 1-2 items, I'll pick up a few more things while I'm here.

The only thing good about Costco is their parking spaces. Lots of room between vehicles so some idiot doesn't ding your door.
May 21, 2014
738 posts
913 upvotes
Alberta, AB
I hate the Apple store with a passion. I like Apple products but not the store. Maybe it's because of the number of people hanging out in there at any given time.
Mahawka :)
Mar 24, 2016
295 posts
278 upvotes
scarborough
The Source because i dont need another cell phone or Bell service. Always being harassed about Bell services

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)