Fashion & Beauty

Stores with Canada Goose jackets

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 29th, 2013 5:27 pm
Deal Fanatic
Nov 16, 2011
8824 posts
1219 upvotes
jajola wrote: I can't speak to the Yorkville at all, but I've had the Borden for almost two weeks and I love it so far. I planned to post a review this weekend but didn't have time.
Thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the Borden.
Jan 15, 2012
215 posts
19 upvotes
Calgary
TheRealVinsanity wrote: Thanks. I think I'm leaning towards the Borden.
I had a Small Yorkville last year which I sold to one of the RFD'ers and I noticed that the Small, all the way zipped up feels tight on my neck.

I heard that the Borden has resolved this issue.

Also, one of my gripes about Canada Goose jackets is the lack of fleece lining around the collar. It really gets uncomfortable when you start sweating around your neck
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2005
2313 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Firebolt wrote: The collar is shearling like thachingster's afb not beaver like slicedupbeef
I stand corrected. Just remembered the olive green one had brown beaver fur.
originalgoods13 wrote: I had a Small Yorkville last year which I sold to one of the RFD'ers and I noticed that the Small, all the way zipped up feels tight on my neck.

I heard that the Borden has resolved this issue.

Also, one of my gripes about Canada Goose jackets is the lack of fleece lining around the collar. It really gets uncomfortable when you start sweating around your neck
I was told the same thing by a sales rep at Due Wwest. That the collar was improved on the Borden version compared to the Yorkville
Heatware (6-0-0)

FS:
Dec 23, 2012
29 posts
1 upvote
WINNIPEG
jajola wrote: I can't speak to the Yorkville at all, but I've had the Borden for almost two weeks and I love it so far. I planned to post a review this weekend but didn't have time.
Same here...I'm loving my Borden Bomber. Using it for 2 weeks also alternate with my Manitoba.
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
I never heard of Canada Goose and suddenly this year I see a lot of people wearing their coats. Why the sudden increase in popularity?

I would like to buy one for next winter, but when is the best time to get the best deal? Is March too late? And from where?

If Canada Goose is too expensive, would I be able to find good deals on other good winter jackets in March?
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
4921 posts
746 upvotes
Dildo
Increase in popularity occurred in Europe (particularly Scandinavia) earlier than in the 2000s explosion in Canadian popularity. Despite all of this, I wasn't actually aware of the brand until late summer of 2009.

Current Canada goose deals:
possible-price-error-55-off-canada-goos ... a-1298833/
all-canada-goose-sale-bahnof-sport-auth ... r-1298838/
canada-goose-chilliwack-constable-aviat ... n-1298834/

Deals on other brands and competitors do happen from time to time. For example, here's one for Moose Knuckles. http://www.fadedsoul.com/discount-desig ... _knuckles/ Other deals are tracked in the various other mega-threads dedicated to each brand. People here are normally quite quick at updating the threads with current relevant deals. Have a browse around the Fashion & Apparel subforum if you're interested in finding the other mega-threads (they won't necessarily be labeled with "mega-thread" in the title though).
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
Bump
hated on but respected.
Temp. Banned
Dec 18, 2009
1709 posts
912 upvotes
Toronto
A bit off topic but driving past the CG headquarters the other day and the sign is down and no cars in sight. Have they moved, changing signs....?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)