[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15489 posts
2468 upvotes
Toronto

Stores That Exchange Diaper Sizes?

Denied a straight exchange at Walmart

So I've always heard that big box stores will exchange diaper sizes for you as a good will gesture.
Tried it tonight for the first time (at Walmart) and was told 2 things, 1. I had 90 days from the receipt date of purchase and 2. I had to pay the difference (I bought them on sale, they were not currently on sale and wanted me to pay a $8 difference).

So much for a successful exchange ...

Any suggestions? Is this the norm at Walmart, or should I try another store?
RedFlagDeals addict
11 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
9032 posts
6371 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Join a local parenting / New Moms group
(The Mother no doubt was offered this during prenatal ... or shortly after birth of the baby)
That’s the best source for New Parents to share common learning experiences, and trade off items / clothing as baby out grows it

Other than that ...
Kijiji is your friend
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15489 posts
2468 upvotes
Toronto
I'm definitely considering selling them ... didn't consider a parenting group trade, so maybe ...

Just thought when someone gets all these boxes of diapers during a baby shower, aren't they exchanging them with no receipt? Lol
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11240 posts
4481 upvotes
Toronto
just return without a receipt and get store credit, they should just give you the lowest sale price.

Buy the size you need
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15489 posts
2468 upvotes
Toronto
Swerny wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 8:51 am
just return without a receipt and get store credit, they should just give you the lowest sale price.

Buy the size you need
A co-worker just suggested no receipt as well to me ... and here I am trying to prove I'm a Walmart customer lol

Thing is, I just want to exchange so giving me the lowest sale price as a credit is not going to do me any favours, since the box is now regular price and more than what I paid.

Gotta buy in bulk for the best prizes, sometimes they grow a little faster than expected.
RedFlagDeals addict
Mar 28, 2011
595 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
Try another WM or ask for an exception from any manager on duty, helps if you have your kid with you.

I always exchange with no receipt and tell them I just need a different size.

I did buy all mine from WM when they had really good sales but to your point sometimes they outgrow the sizes and I didn’t buy enough of next size when they kind of had a stalled growth spurt.
[OP]
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
15489 posts
2468 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks. Straight up asked at my local Superstore and they made it sound like no big deal, even with no receipt.

Walmart's CS Response was, "at the store's discretion" ... of course they will say that, because the store can decide not to if the box smells, is damaged or just can't be sold again.

Guess I just got a cashier who just wanted to play games.

Thanks folks, will try again.
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2015
1566 posts
815 upvotes
I bought a whole bunch of diapers on sale, and then just did a straight exchange with no receipt at superstore and Walmart. This was years ago, but it was no big deal.
On a 'smart' device that isn't always so smart. So please forgive the autocorrects and typos. If it bothers you, then don't read my posts, but don't waste my time correcting me. If you can get past the typos, then my posts generally have some value.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4534 posts
185 upvotes
GTA
Macx2mommy wrote:
Jul 14th, 2019 11:35 pm
I bought a whole bunch of diapers on sale, and then just did a straight exchange with no receipt at superstore and Walmart. This was years ago, but it was no big deal.
Times have changed cuz of this... they demand a receipt now
Jul 31, 2004
227 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
I did an exchange at Shoppers and they ask for a receipt which I had however it was over 30 days. The cashier initially said sorry we can't do it as it's over 30 days, I just said call the supervisor as he did it before and had no problem for a size exchange over 30 days. This happened at 2 different Shoppers so at least their process is the same.

Exchanges at my local superstore were a lot easier over 30 days again with a receipt they said grab the right size and bring it back to customer service.
Apr 10, 2011
537 posts
276 upvotes
Surprised Walmart gave you a hard time. I've exchanged diapers there without a receipt before, no problem. Also at Metro and Shoppers Drug Mart too....
Deal Guru
Oct 5, 2008
11240 posts
4481 upvotes
Toronto
DaVibe wrote:
Jul 12th, 2019 11:34 am
A co-worker just suggested no receipt as well to me ... and here I am trying to prove I'm a Walmart customer lol

Thing is, I just want to exchange so giving me the lowest sale price as a credit is not going to do me any favours, since the box is now regular price and more than what I paid.

Gotta buy in bulk for the best prizes, sometimes they grow a little faster than expected.
getting something for the now useless diapers is better than nothing, which is why i suggested it.