Site Comments & Suggestions

Strange slow loading of RFD threads. WTF?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 22nd, 2012 11:10 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
540 upvotes

Strange slow loading of RFD threads. WTF?

I am the only one that is experiencing super slow opening of threads from RFD? I see it is looking, then waiting and then transfering data.

So now I have to open one thread and reply at the time and still it takes minutes to load up. There is no pictures on the threads I am opening up.

I do not think it is the internet speed using wifi.
17 replies
Sep 1, 2005
623 posts
60 upvotes
packardbell wrote:
May 13th, 2012 10:57 pm
I am the only one that is experiencing super slow opening of threads from RFD? I see it is looking, then waiting and then transfering data.

So now I have to open one thread and reply at the time and still it takes minutes to load up. There is no pictures on the threads I am opening up.

I do not think it is the internet speed using wifi.

its loading fine for me, try clearing and reseting internet options?
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
540 upvotes
i am like waiting over 5 minutes even when i hit the reply this thread to pop up.

other sites are opening fine. :(
Banned
Apr 28, 2012
72 posts
2 upvotes
VANCOUVER, British C…
I too have noticed some odd intermittent problems. Often times it works fine, but then there are periods where this slow loading begins, and takes a little time to clear up again before pages load quickly and properly.
[OP]
Banned
Sep 22, 2008
8322 posts
540 upvotes
MLVancouver wrote:
May 22nd, 2012 2:46 pm
I too have noticed some odd intermittent problems. Often times it works fine, but then there are periods where this slow loading begins, and takes a little time to clear up again before pages load quickly and properly.

well today the pages managed to load but slow. atleast i don't have to wait for each page to come on, read and go on the next page. :confused:
Oct 7, 2004
104 posts
16 upvotes
Good, I'm not the only one with this issue. I'm on Telus, what is everyone else that is having issues using? I'm also in Vancouver, which is where others also seem to be having this issue.

Right now, I'm tethering off my phone with Wind, and everything loads up fine. Everything also loads up fine when I'm at work, not sure who the ISP there is though.

This isn't isolated to one computer either. Both my personal and work laptop have this issue.
Deal Addict
May 17, 2007
3640 posts
752 upvotes
Burnaby
Ya, happening here too. Also on Telus. Not only slow, but for some reason, my page "flips" back to the main forum listing the first time i click a forum or the most recent thread in one. Takes 3 tries sometimes to get it to open!
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2194 posts
411 upvotes
It's not just you. I'm on Telus, and I've noticed super slow page loading for the past several days. I think it has to do with the adservers. You can see the page pause while trying to get data from adtechus. You might notice that the banner and side ads are missing when the slowdown occurs. I'm surprised other people haven't been mentioning it. I'm on Windows 7 IE 9 and also Firefox which also has the slow loading problem.
My avatar is Shandi Finnessey
Play Hay Day!
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2004
1798 posts
103 upvotes
Been slow since a week ago. On TELUS as well.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2194 posts
411 upvotes
Weird - on my identical system at work as at home running Windows 7 Home Premium, Internet Explorer 9, and Telus DSL 6.0 I get no slow downs while surfing RFD. At home it will pause as it tries to get the top page ad and the side ad on. After a few minutes wait it finally shows the page without the ads. Both systems are running Trend Micro Security Agent on Dell Vostro 460's with identical settings.
Play Hay Day!
Banned
May 5, 2012
98 posts
2 upvotes
DELTA
HunkaHunkaBurningLove wrote:
Jun 2nd, 2012 1:28 am
It's not just you. I'm on Telus, and I've noticed super slow page loading for the past several days. I think it has to do with the adservers. You can see the page pause while trying to get data from adtechus. You might notice that the banner and side ads are missing when the slowdown occurs. I'm surprised other people haven't been mentioning it. I'm on Windows 7 IE 9 and also Firefox which also has the slow loading problem.

Agreed. I don't think it is anything to do with RFD servers themselves, seems to be an issue with loading something from a third party (advertisers).
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2002
2194 posts
411 upvotes
Yep using Telus at work (6.0) and at home (15.0). The only thing different is that I'm using the Telus router/DSL modem combo device while at work it's the small DSL modem (can't remember the brand name).

EDIT: okay, well it wasn't an RFD problem as after I did a hard reset of my D-link modem/router combo and fiddled around with it a bit everything is back to normal. I think the router was having some issues with the ads for some reason, but now it's working great again.
Play Hay Day!
Aug 31, 2009
309 posts
206 upvotes
BC
I use Telus, based in BC - does it on my laptop and my desktop PC in both Firefox and Word. Was fine 3-4 days ago, but the last two days, RFD has been loading HORRIBLY slow. Keep seeing "waiting on adserver.adtechus.com".

Any tips?

What a huge pain. Guess I'll try clearing cookies, etc and resetting router/modem.