Off Topic

Locked: Strange woman sitting in her car outside my house EVERY thursday for the past 3 years

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2014 6:14 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1719 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
sandikosh wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 9:44 am
Against what law?
yes, I dont want to post photos of her or her license plate on here.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2004
3889 posts
240 upvotes
Toronto
Unclog wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 9:52 am
Taking photos of someone without their permission and sharing them without permission as well.
That's not illegal when you are out in public space. Creepy, perhaps. But nothing illegal. There is no expectation of privacy in public.
However, if you take pictures and publish them in a manner that would allow others to identify and locate an individual, you may be on grounds of violating personal privacy laws. I don't believe this scenario applies.
buffylover wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 9:52 am
yes, I dont want to post photos of her or her license plate on here.
Her license plate and face can be viewed in public and there is no expectation of privacy. So post away, just don't identify her or where she lives.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4464 posts
1008 upvotes
So she's been sitting in her car, parked in a public space, and minding her own business for three years now without incident, and people think the police should be called and that she should be interrogated?

There is likely a very reasonable explanation and if it were anybody's business maybe she'd be inclined to share.

How petty and paranoid can people be? Leave her alone and get on with your life.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2004
1719 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Conquistador wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 10:07 am
So she's been sitting in her car, parked in a public space, and minding her own business for three years now without incident, and people think the police should be called and that she should be interrogated?

How petty and paranoid can people be? Leave her alone and get on with your life.
its not that I live in a open space. its at the end of a street where she has no view of anything except my house and cars. if someone was in the same spot at your house you would be worried too. also, if she had a answer as o why she was there it would be fine, but she is super defensive and started yelling and losing it. if she has nothing to hide and isnt doing anything, why would she be like that?
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4464 posts
1008 upvotes
buffylover wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 10:11 am
its not that I live in a open space. its at the end of a street where she has no view of anything except my house and cars. if someone was in the same spot at your house you would be worried too. also, if she had a answer as o why she was there it would be fine, but she is super defensive and started yelling and losing it. if she has nothing to hide and isnt doing anything, why would she be like that?
Maybe because some schmo approached her with a bunch of questions and then chased her with a car?

It's been three years. What have been the consequences to you to date? None.
Jul 4, 2009
827 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga area
Well, if she's sitting in a spot where you can't even see her out of any window, and she can't see you, and she's been doing it for three years and not bothering anyone, what's the problem?

Seems like she found a perfect quiet spot. You said it's in a hidden corner with no view of anything but your house and your cars (but not inside your house). And by the brief conversation with her, she doesn't sound crazy.

Maybe she's your mother who gave you up for adoption years ago. Or maybe she's secretly in love with your father. Or maybe she's a spy who's left hidden secrets in your house.
Deal Addict
Mar 1, 2013
1836 posts
91 upvotes
NORTH YORK
sandikosh wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 9:35 am
Pervert should get a real girlfriend.
Thanks for the offer but I must politely decline. You're very nice but I have my heart set on another, very beautiful, female RFD member.
Deal Guru
Dec 26, 2005
13983 posts
934 upvotes
Thornhill
You guys should flash-mob her and post it on youtube.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
Conquistador wrote:
Jul 1st, 2016 1:07 pm
It's not paranoia if they really are out to get you. :facepalm:
RFD discounts for Schluter products/
Deal Addict
Feb 2, 2011
1581 posts
232 upvotes
Ottawa
Here's what you do. Get some big 'ol orange cones and scrap material together. Maybe some stones, and garbage. Thrown that stuff in the general area where she parks, and setup the cones around it. See what she does.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1424 upvotes
Pickering
She's stealing WiFi...
Deal Fanatic
Oct 22, 2007
8010 posts
1187 upvotes
London
Ever seen the movie Stella? Maybe she's your real mom.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2012
2576 posts
1137 upvotes
Ottawa
Ask a friend to come by on Thursdays, park directly behind her and read the paper or something.

You must break her. Show her you can crush walnuts with sheer willpower.
prae praesto filum clostrum
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18159 posts
1062 upvotes
rayray13 wrote:
Nov 7th, 2013 10:40 am
Ask a friend to come by on Thursdays, park directly behind her and read the paper or something.
You must break her. Show her you can crush walnuts with sheer willpower.
The bolded is a good suggestion! She probably knows you and all your family members so get a friend to stalk her! So now, the stalked becomes the stalker!

Oh how the tables have turned!

The walnut part is also good...but only if you can really crush the walnuts with your barehands....if not, maybe pre-crack them first!
× < >