• Dec 15th, 2014 6:33 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2007
2471 posts
2945 upvotes
Toronto
cross platform play is going to be a real lifesaver for me - I went with the xbox version last gen, and thus I'm stuck with a stick that for all intents and purposes will be useless to my ps4. pc it is then, if only just so i won't have to shell out another pretty dollar for a new stick
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2004
7311 posts
1672 upvotes
Toronto
From what I understand most/all SF4 tournaments run an xbox360 because you do not have to reboot the system when you plug in a new controller, with the PS3 you had to reboot. It might just turn out that PC will be the platform of choice for tournaments, though I imagine that each player would have to bring a flash drive that holds the driver for their stick and chew up 5-10 minutes to install the driver.

In the long run not being on the XB1 will probably comeback and bite capcom in the butt, though that will probably never happen as capcom will eventually release SF5 AE ultra mega super 2015 edition on the XB1.
I workout to get big so I can pickup bricks and ****.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.
toalan wrote: From what I understand most/all SF4 tournaments run an xbox360 because you do not have to reboot the system when you plug in a new controller, with the PS3 you had to reboot. It might just turn out that PC will be the platform of choice for tournaments, though I imagine that each player would have to bring a flash drive that holds the driver for their stick and chew up 5-10 minutes to install the driver.

In the long run not being on the XB1 will probably comeback and bite capcom in the butt, though that will probably never happen as capcom will eventually release SF5 AE ultra mega super 2015 edition on the XB1.
No, the main reason was PS3 have some input lag which affects your timing.

OT. Anyone here watched the Capcom Cup tonight? With the help of Sony, next years Capcom Cup pot money will be 500K. :cheesygri
Deal Guru
Feb 11, 2007
11822 posts
5908 upvotes
parapudaw wrote: OT. Anyone here watched the Capcom Cup tonight? With the help of Sony, next years Capcom Cup pot money will be 500K. :cheesygri

First Street Fighter 5 gameplay (full match)

Charlie is hinted to be on the character roster. According to SFII's story,
I thought he was killed by M.Bison in the Street Fighter Alpha games and before Street Fighter II occurs?

Extended trailer with Charlie teaser:

Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
toalan wrote: From what I understand most/all SF4 tournaments run an xbox360 because you do not have to reboot the system when you plug in a new controller, with the PS3 you had to reboot. It might just turn out that PC will be the platform of choice for tournaments, though I imagine that each player would have to bring a flash drive that holds the driver for their stick and chew up 5-10 minutes to install the driver.

Capcom has a franchise to protect and if the PS4 could'nt meet its specs the exclusive deal wouldn't happen. They saw the better hardware capabilities of the PS4 and the higher adopter numbers and determined it would be the best choice for the future of Street Fighter.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2004
4239 posts
552 upvotes
Toronto
XFactor11 wrote: First Street Fighter 5 gameplay (full match)

I thought he was killed by M.Bison in the Street Fighter Alpha games and before Street Fighter II occurs?

cyborg charlie perhaps? :P
Deal Guru
Dec 1, 2004
12037 posts
5142 upvotes
Beradon wrote: Capcom has a franchise to protect and if the PS4 could'nt meet its specs the exclusive deal wouldn't happen. They saw the better hardware capabilities of the PS4 and the higher adopter numbers and determined it would be the best choice for the future of Street Fighter.
A game like SF doesn't require high specs, so I don't believe that is the reason. Will you be surprised if the game will make it on the XO down the road? Or do you think it will look inferior, lol
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough
So what kind of eta are we looking at here realistically? My cousin was telling me people are saying it might not be out til 2017. Really hope it's not that long. But then again, We'll probably see Ultra Extreme SFV Turbo Arcade Edition by 2020, so I guess it's possible the first commercial build comes out in 2017.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2012
2803 posts
702 upvotes
Scarborough

That color commentator was having an orgasm. ooh ooo ah ooh yes yes yes keep going don't stop
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: A game like SF doesn't require high specs, so I don't believe that is the reason. Will you be surprised if the game will make it on the XO down the road? Or do you think it will look inferior, lol
The same was said about driving games. People expected DriveClub to be 1080p@60fps but was released at 30fps. Forza 5 came out at 60fps and fanboys were having a field day comparing the two. Now that the dynamic weather patch came out and reviewers' jaws everywhere were dropped we now know the frame rates were accommodating the HUGE details on screen.
Thoughts and Prayers to the many thousands of civilians who perished from terrorists acts.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto

Thanks for the videos!

LOL at Chun-Li fighting with the noodle bowl still stuck to her head. :lol:

I like that they are adopting the "breaking through the wall/barrier" concept from other games (like Dead or Alive etc.) at the end of a round and continuing the fight from there.

Yes, Charlie was supposedly (?) killed by M. Bison in between SF II and the SF Alpha games....unless it was all a lie/deception for a reason. Or unless Bison cloned him or something that that is the Charlie clone in the SF V trailer.

If he was not killed....then Guile was fighting all those years avenging a fake-death. That must really tick him off even more. :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Beradon wrote: Capcom has a franchise to protect and if the PS4 could'nt meet its specs the exclusive deal wouldn't happen. They saw the better hardware capabilities of the PS4 and the higher adopter numbers and determined it would be the best choice for the future of Street Fighter.
What is Ceiling Cat's opinion on this? Does he approve or disapprove? :cheesygri
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
Video looks good in 60 FPS.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Fanatic
Feb 28, 2003
7451 posts
237 upvotes
Scorpionsy wrote: What is Ceiling Cat's opinion on this? Does he approve or disapprove? :cheesygri
Ceiling Cat approves and suggests there is more to come when new features of SF: V will be revealed over the coming months. He also says to use both hands on a fightstick. :)
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11854 posts
2822 upvotes
Toronto
Beradon wrote: Ceiling Cat approves and suggests there is more to come when new features of SF: V will be revealed over the coming months. He also says to use both hands on a fightstick. :)
Good to know! I can always trust in Ceiling Cat's opinion and advice when it comes to these things! :D